Reviews for Death and a Guardian Angel
MMShadow chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
The heck? I'm so confused! I suppose that's the point though, right? Hopefully this all gets cleared up soon.
MMShadow chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Oh no! D Can't wait to continue, this seems good! I'm just wondering though, one of the first things I noticed was you said Frank's hair is black. Isn't it brown? Not really that big a deal, just pointing that out. Anyways, way to keep me on edge so far. c
Surreal Epiphany847 chapter 15 . 1/3/2010
OK Jimmy...you were close to needing your own guardian angel if you left Frank die! :/ But you didn't...so you are safe. :)

Wow...I have never read something like this before. It was really good. It broke my heart that Frank was in a coma and dying but I liked how you made it an adventure in his mind. Reminded me a little of Lord of the Rings when Frodo is getting chased and has to make it to the elves. But obviously it was also completely different. lol

I have to admit I was worried that the different aspect (using a lot of angels, scripture, etc) would pull me out of the Hardy realm but it didn't. I think in some ways it pulled me in more. Faith is an important thing and yet sometimes it is hard and we question it. This aspect of the Hardys is never touched upon so I enjoyed your view on this. At my Frank's expense... :(

I am glad it had a happy ending! I have to admit that I cried more than I thought I would before I read the epilogue. Um..yeah...I really thought you let him die. I liked how you ended it in a way that didn't make his living or dying too obvious. You really had to read between the lines of some of what they were saying in the very beginning and then it became more clear.

I'm pretty sure Frank and Joe have guardian angels since they always get out of tough situations! :D Those angels must be hard at work with those two!

How did you come up with this story or way of writing it? What made you want to write it this way? As a fellow writer, I find that just as interesting as the story itself. Thanks for replying before. I'm glad I waited until today to finish reading it because it was late and I would have had a hard time sleeping after this. It's a "makes you think" kind of story.

Well done Jimmy! Thanks for sharing. :)
Surreal Epiphany847 chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
I am horribly afraid for Frank! He's dying and this is what he sees? OMG...he better not die...
dawnfire17 chapter 15 . 11/14/2009
That was a really good story. I really liked it. I thought it was cool that Frank got to hang out with his Guardian Angel. Pure Awesomeness!
star dreamer7 chapter 15 . 9/8/2008
Bravo bravo Awesome story
DragonTyc chapter 15 . 9/8/2008
What a nice way to end the story! Well done on finishing it and keeping Frank alive as well. I really enjoyed it, great job!
Layona chapter 15 . 9/7/2008
Thank you so much for not killing Frank! Your story was awsome!
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 15 . 9/7/2008
*dances a ditty* Yea! The wonderful story is brought to completion!

While I like how you did the epilogue, I admit that it could be confusing to people who do not pay close attention when reading it. Their bad, yes, but I was thinking about how to make it more clear... maybe at the beginning add in italics, 'Bayport (or whatever city they are in): two months later'. *shrugs* It wouldn't hurt and might help out the slower readers. (No offense to anyone...) Sorry I didn't think of that sooner, it's just that the epilogue made perfect sense to me.

Thanks for mentioning me in the A/N. I feel so honored, even though I took forever (understatement). *hugs*

But anyway, I love this story a lot. Sometime, I'll try to get around to reading it to Maria. It's landing in favs too. :-D Love ya! Ila
whitetigers chapter 15 . 9/7/2008
I had to re-read that last chapter again before any of it started making sense. *shakes head*

Then it dawned on me that Frank actually made it. He died and came back to life again. Then their guardian angels are still with them while they keep on fighting crime and Frank now knows about Anselm. That took me alittle bit to figure that one out but once i did. I liked it! I just felt a little let down that there was no bonding moment for Frank and Joe when Frank woke up in the hospital. But other than that, it was a great story. Love it!
SchoolBoredom chapter 15 . 9/7/2008
I'm a bit confussed here... did God deside that frank should stay with joe and their parnets? or not?

it's hard to tell if you made that one point clear, so that is why I'm asking.

I loved it!

Kepp up the wonderful work!

cya!
DragonTyc chapter 14 . 8/11/2008
Wow that was such a great chapter! But you can't leave us in suspense like that - please update soon!
whitetigers chapter 14 . 8/9/2008
Anselm glanced at Frank. He smiled sympathetically at the thoroughly sobered face. “But that is only for a moment. For when that person has left their physical body, they enter into Heaven, if their faith is in Jesus. There, it is full of joyful noises and songs. There, the colors are brighter, deeper, fuller. There, no danger can befall you, no loneliness will find you, no sorrow will have you. But at first, Frank, you do not know this, because right before you is Jesus, and He has His arms outstretched to embrace and welcome you. Before that moment, you will hear and know nothing. In that moment when He pulls you in, the first thing you will hear and know, is His voice.”

-That is an awesome description of going to heaven. Loved it!

Death wasn’t, however, particularly fond of waiting. With a small growl, Morte grabbed Frank’s hand and the wrapped his fingers around Frank’s throat. A wicked smile spread across his face as the grip tightened. Frank dropped the sword and tried to loosen Morte’s hand. A disturbing laugh emitted from Morte’s mouth, and there was a flash of steel and a pained, strangled cry as he stabbed a knife into Frank’s body. Morte’s face suddenly took on a look very similar to the boys.

-N o!

“There have been several recorded cases like this. However, only a very small number of the patients have lived. Basically, it’s not expected for the patient to survive.”

-Frank's not basic! Live Frank! Live!

“No, Frank! Don’t stay!” the angel cried.

Despite his pain and discomfort, Frank retorted, “No way am I gonna leave you!”

-Leave him Frank, he will be okay! He can't die, he's an angel.

Still, he wanted to say one thing before dropping off. “You know, Anselm, you never did say when you were going to tell me of all those moments you rescued me.”

“I didn’t, did I?” Anselm said faintly. “I decided to wait until you came home to Heaven.”

“Oh,” Frank replied drowsily. “When will that be?”

Anselm was about to keep him awake, when he got the message. “Soon, Frank, very soon.”

Frank managed to hum a yes before his tired eyes shut. The darkness welcomed him like an old friend only for a moment. Frank opened his eyes again and was greeted with a bright light.

-OH PLEASE, don't kill him off! PLEASE! It's not fair!
Layona chapter 14 . 8/9/2008
Frank had better not be dead! And you had better right more really, really, really soon!
KCS chapter 14 . 8/9/2008