Reviews for lord before lover
great gospel chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
This was really sweet. I love Kira's little idiosyncrasies and his interactions with Momo and Renji. My favourite was Renji's reaction to him making a joke in the middle of battle. This also made me ship them a little. Nicely done.
BeTrueToThyself chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Aww... :D
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I really like Kira's characterization here.
Amelia Cookie chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Finally someone who gives Kira the focus he deserves :) He has such potential to be a complex character, and you caught that very well. You actually made me like him more now, after reading this fic. Kubo Tite once said in an interview something about wanting his fans to really get to know a character before they claim to love him. I'm glad you chose this character to explore; hurrah for weird-kind-obsessive Kira! I hope you write more about him.
Ladye chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I liked this. Lots. Saved it to favorites. This bit:

"I hate being this weak," Kira explained, hardly stuttering at all because he was so, so tired. "I hate being not-quite good enough. I hate the way people look at me when I almost make the top ten, like they think I'm just a cardboard substitute there to spur on the real talent to victory. I hate being nearly-adequate. I get good marks, but not top marks. I'm good at kidou, but not as good as a dozen other people. I'm not average, but not quite good enough to be exceptional. I'm sick and tired of people looking at me and thinking 'too bad, he was almost there.'"

This whole bit is likely to stick with me forever, it's such a strong truth, not just for Kira but for real people too, that too see it summed up so perfectly in a fanfic was quite something.
Jenny chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I died of cuteness. There's a fine line before it starts becoming OC and corny and thank God you didn't cross it. I loved it.
urchi chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
i have to e short here, sry:

i love how in character you are. Im glad that there was momo in there, b/c just a story of love between 2 people sounds unrealistic and boring. Great storytelling

everything is great and extremely pleasing.

great job ! ]

Jenwryn chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
This is really, really good. Thank you so much for writing it!
spero spiro chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I'm... Actually totally speechless. I absolutely adore this. You took everything I love about Renji and Kira's friendship and made it awesome. Just... thank you for writing what is hands down the best bit of Renji/Kira (friendship or more) I've ever found. Absolutely favorited.
crazyarsonist chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I like how you told Renji and Kira's stories: subtle at first, but hinting at something greater at the end. Good job!
slippywonder chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
"Good. Shut up, I'm going back to sleep."

pleasedeletemethanks chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
This was sweet! Good Job!
DEADDEADP2EU23HRY chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
I adore Kira, his loyalty to his captian has always been very inspiring to me...but his loyalty to his friends, mostly Renji, in this is even more inspiring.

I LOVED the start of this, since I'm rather quirky myself (I'm typing this while twirling a pair of scissors on one finger) and it was a very nice and gradual look at Kira's character.

Anyways, this is totally a favorite and I really apperciate all the work that went into writing this. X3
yllom21 chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Interesting story! Cute and well written, I loved how you wrote Izuru, he is so brilliantly in charecter. Good job.
Fenikkusuken chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
*brainfart* I read 'ghey' in the A/N as 'ghee' and wondered why you were referencing an Indo-Canadian foodstuff. *gives self a shake*

Loved this; as usual, wonderful characterizations. I adore your Renji to bits! Wouldn't mind counting his neck hairs myself...