Reviews for Shades of the Past
TheCauldron chapter 30 . 3/14
*swoons, then immediately sets out hunting for my own Jayne* you are ruining me for non fictional men!
stjwelding chapter 30 . 9/11/2013
Bad I know that I have said it before but I have to say it again YOU are a fantastic writer and story teller. Once I started reading Shade I was hooked could not stop reading until it was finished. It's like I was living it as I read it, from tears to anger to frustration to joy you brought this story to life. Thanks for the story and your time.
Wayne
stjwelding chapter 2 . 9/6/2013
Bad I just found my way to your Shades of the Past story, and I am loving them. I also was a devote fan of of the Fire Fly series and could not believe that it was canceled. I re-watch them every time the series or the movie is aired. As with all of your work great job, Thanks for sharing your gift.
Wayne
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 30 . 7/12/2013
That was an incredible story the emotion was amazing! You kept everyone in character to gorram t. The back story you have woven for Jayne was breath taking, very emotional, very raw and real. I read this story not wanting to put my phone down. Shiny.
karenmiller1972 chapter 30 . 11/5/2012
I simply loved this story! Thank you for sharing it!
Alexa chapter 16 . 7/12/2012
Love your story! Just wanted to say that little brother in Chinese is xiao di not xiao xiong. Xiao is little/small/younger . While xiong, does stand for brother, we have a different character for a younger brother to an older brother.. Di would be younger brother and ge would be older brother. Like jie is older sister and Mei is for younger sister. Sorry for the long explanation.
blueEyre chapter 30 . 5/4/2012
Very well done. I look forward to reading more.
JustLikeToRead chapter 30 . 4/3/2011
Very good - thanks! :)
Ocean Fish chapter 30 . 12/1/2010
Ai Ya! This was so good! And course right in the middle i was curs'n the website for going down...had to wait a whole day until after work to finish. pout. There at the begining I thought I'd be reading my first fic with an evil simon!

Go gave so much depth to Jayne...I want one. How do you find a man like that?
Song of Scrios chapter 17 . 11/21/2010
oh my god... this chapter really had me in tears at the end... but i must keep reading
carick of hunter moon chapter 30 . 11/15/2010
I enjoyed your story, this is because good fanfiction adds to the story and character that it is base on and you have done this with your take on Jayne and in doing so have add something to the mix which can be hard to do when writing fanfiction so well done.

Your writing style is descriptive and also easy to read the story is also true to firefly and the way the other central character are portrayed your take on Jayne is AU but is very good all told a very good story which has a good plot arc and timeing to it.

Thank you for your story and hard work.
JR00 chapter 17 . 11/7/2010
Wow, read the whole story. Amazing, first story I have read on this sight or any site for that matter. I am so into this story. I do not read much of anything books or on the net but my girlfriend does and i decided to read one and I am so happy to have chosen this one. Amazing story told so brilliantly. Felt like I was watching a new episode of my favorite show. 100 stars on story, even though I am not big River and Jayne being together the story made me beleive and change my mind some. Thank you!
gaben chapter 3 . 9/27/2010
Wow really nice start to this series. At first I though na don't change Jayne , I love Jayne just the way he is. But you did it really well. Great speech , great insight to the characters. Love Mal's responses and thoughts. I read on... another 20 chapters to go and 22 stories.
basaltone chapter 30 . 9/7/2010
Thank you so much for your story. I really enjoyed this version of Jayne's backstory. I like that you gave him a mission in his life, giving him more depth than just being a "merc". Your writing is wonderful. I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.
MazokuTenshi chapter 5 . 5/3/2010
This is probably the strangest time for you to receive a review about a very old story you've made, but I just anted to take my time and tell you that I've always found your works very insightful and inspiring. Book's letter in particular made me cry and I really appreciate the details you've given to each character.

Job very well done. :)