Reviews for Potential
Loyaltothelegion chapter 1 . 3/10
I honestly believe Jack could be very dangerous if he really wanted to be, but unfortunately he only shows this a few times. He doesn't really take things seriously but this helps show that he can be a threat, just like he wa when he stole chase youngs powers. I actually hope you expand on this, it's brilliant.
Imyoshi chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Loved it!
RubyBlight chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
That was some awesome Jack/Wuya interaction.
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Hi

This is an interesting fic.

The quality is very good; good narration, interaction, dialog, suspense, drama and humor.

The story's primarily flaw is that some aspects of the writing are confusing. For example, you describe Wuya as a human, then a ghost and a human again. Was the part of her as a Ghost a flashback or something?

The plot where Wuya visits Jack was very dynamic, full of depth, complexity and scope (if you can get past the aspects that confused me).

Your portrayal of the two unsteady partners was amazing; though Wuya holds Jack in extreme contempt, she contemplates that though he is a loser in many ways, he has traits that make him unpredictably useful or dangerous.

This is what I think of the wholesome standards.

The language is clean.

Nothing is suggestively offensive and certain references are passable.

Though certain references give me chills, there is no extreme violence or any other vile content.

I hope this review brightens your day. God bless.

Data Seeker
Dystopiac chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Loved it! This is one of the few Jack/Wuya stories that are well written and actually believable! _
A Righter chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I really love this story. Not only is it a nice, deep look on Jack Spicer's character, but this is also what got into re-watching the series. While viewing, I tried to imagine this as an extra moment in the show, and it fit surprisingly and remarkably well. Though, there are a few details that I feel I should point out.

If Jack really felt this way about Shen Gong Wu, why would he continue to search for them? Not to mention the fact that his (apparently) favorite Shen Gong Wu is the Monkey Staff, which can have extremely chaotic effects, depending on who is holding it.

While I do like seeing Jack standing up for himself and fighting, I do have to admit that he'd probably try to join whoever is threatening or hurting him first. I love to see growth of characters in a fan fic, and the taunts he gives Wuya are pretty clever, I can’t quite picture him standing up to her this much.

However, these facts to not detour the meaning and basic point of the story. I congratulate you on a job well done. Here’s to more Xiaolon Showdown in the future!

PS. A neat idea for a second oneshot would be how close to being good Jack Spicer really is. Just saying
General Herbison chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Most impressive. Is there a plan for a second chapter?
SnowyWolborg chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
This was a good story.

I always thought that Jack had far more potential for evil than anyone ever gave him any credit for. Chase is annoyed by him, Wuya thinks he's useless, and Hannibal Bean barely acknowldges him.

However there could come a day when Jack rises to power and puts all three Heylin heavy hitters to shame, and with them possibly destroyed, or stripped of their powers and enslaved. That, would be irony of the highest order, the insect no one gave a second look ascending higher than any of them did.
Valefar Upson chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Awesome fic! I've always thought that the greatest team up ever was Jack and Wuya. They were the greatest dynamic. I mean, they were the dastardly duo, the terrible two, the cruel collective. Wuya, as the incredible brains and Jack as the, well, everything else!
breadsticks chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Oh holy shit on a barbecue stick.

You have cracked open Wuya's mind and story and shown it to the world. You have also unraveled a lot about the hidden potential in Jack. I really do feel that he is one of the best trickster characters in the making.
Digicowboy chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Very nice! I've only recently been rewatching this series - in order this time - and I have to admit to really enjoying the Jack/Wuya dynamic as well...

A well written story that I enjoyed from end to end. Well done!
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Brilliant.

Simply BRILLIANT.
xsmokeandmirrorsx chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
wow...i think we have similar thoughts haha about the detectobot, jacks perspective on the shen gong wu and even the way his mind works i totally agree with. great minds think alike :)

xx
iEATfood chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
this is great.

you know i never thought about the detecto-bot before this, your right jack must've unraveled some of wuya's magic to make that work.

it's so cool that you noticed that. i bow to you.
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
me love! you definately caught the characters, especially jack. its fab!