Reviews for The Statue
Nyx chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!
ThisAccountIsClosedForever1 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Awesome. You write good Akatsuki fics! Personally, I prefer "Pain" because it sounds cooler and Kishimoto stated that's what his name actually means. Anyway, great story!
Redblade chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
So beautiful story, I can totally understand why people in Amegakure look up to Pein as a god. You used the perspective really well, it's somehow easier to understand Pein/Konan's actions when they're seen from a civilian's point of view.

And about the name: direct romanisation from Japanese would be Pein, but the meaning of the name and the 'starting point', is Pain. Hence, bot are acceptable. It's written as Pein in Japanese basically just so the pronounciation would stay correct. Personally though, I prefer Pein. (Could be 'cause my native language happens to be written as pronounced as well)
heather chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
ah...it was Yahiko that died, not Nagato. ANyways, your stories are awesome.
Galimaufry chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
...uh, I always use Pein, but I have no clue which would be right,either works with me. This was so incredibly amazing, fics from an outsiders POV are always so had to find, and you did it so, so well. I thought that Nagato 'dying' was a nice touch, if somewhat bittersweete...
ARND chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Hey i like it is cool...and by the way Pein is in japanese and Pain in english, you can use both is the same
Azakura chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I've seen Pein more than Pain. I think it's Pein. And I love the perspective you put in for this story! We, as readers, know the truth, but people of that country didn't know about Pein and all.
Zetsu Rocks chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
I think its Pein. Anyway, nice one-shot!
mistykasumi chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I really enjoyed this fic! I really like your choice of pov, to show why Ame venerate Pein so. Thanks for writing!
Secret Sheik chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
The Kanjii for his name translates ti Pe and In, so it's Pein, though it could be a borrowed word and meant to be said as Pain. Kinda like koohii (coffee) and senkyuu (thank you) are spelled differently in the romajii version, but are said with an American pronunciation.
Dark Hope Assassin chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
To answer the question in your author's note, I'd say that both are right. I prefer "Pein" to "Pain" though even when admittedly the idea is that he took the emotion "pain" and even embroidered it in his very name to signify what he is to all who stand in his way, but "Pein" is the way he's written like in Japanese (because they write as they talk; hardly any changes in pronunciation ever) so I call him that. xD Hope I was useful...

Anyway, I was going to say that this is a truly very much awesome story. It has so much depth and explains the struggles of the Rain Country so well and is so emotional at times that you almost made me cry at least three time through the span of the chapter. But the ending was truly beautiful, without a doubt. It all came around in full-circle: I love that in a story.

What I enjoyed most is how well you've presented the reasons for the Rain Village citizens to think of Pein as they do. I had never given it that much thought but the way you've presented it makes it really believable and so well-rounded that one couldn't even hope for better. You've built both Pein and Konan's characters so wonderfully from a worshiper's point of view that it is simply spectacular to read. Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful story.

And, because this magnificent piece of yours made such an impact on me, I was wondering if you would be interested in having it uploaded on "Origami Deities", a Pein/Konan fan site that me and a couple of friends created. Of course, you get to keep all your rights to the story and we'll link to you for it all-we just ask for your permission to make it a part of the archive that we have gathered thus far about the two most amazing Akatsuki members ever, in my humble opinion. If you're interested in what the site looks like, you can see it by clicking on my homepage in my profile.

I hope that you'll give my proposal due consideration because this mind-blowing story of yours would be one of our most greatest assets in the fan fiction area.

Thanks in advance and thank you once more for writing this marvelous piece,

Dark Hope Assassin
dreams.of.destiny chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
The simplicity of the piece makes it all the more beautiful. It is a wonderful story. Thank you for writing it.
Emerald Tiara chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Ooh, I loved this. In a way it kind of humanized Konan.
OsricPearl chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
I like the story as well. As stated before, you should change Nagato to the other kid's name (I forgot it ;p). As far as the spelling, I don't think it matters too much. The consensus seems to have settled on Pein.
the stranger dude chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
It's spelled 'pein'.And pein is nagato the other friend is called yahiko.