Reviews for The Land of Snippets
shywr1ter chapter 11 . 7/14/2009
I've never seen this sort of reflection on the Pulse, but it's so true - we've seen it happen in our own 'Pulses' of the past few years here in the US, with 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, but until I read this, it never really dawned on me.

Beautiful as always; sweet and sad and a little hopeful, all mixed together. Thanks for all of it!
Aurora2424 chapter 11 . 6/5/2009
I've been working my way through all the different fictions and I knew that your snippet would be a pleasant stop, but this is more than more than pleasant this exceptional. So many perfect, stark lines that really hit the core of the issue.

For example, this exchange hits on so many levels:

“Makes the normal hatred of Mondays a little more justified,” she shrugged.

He chuckled lightly. “I wish you could have lived it Max. Really lived it. Not in a crappy foster home, running from Lydecker.”

“Gotta admit, does look kinda cool in the movies.”

“All we could see was how screwed up it was, there were so many things wrong, we didn’t see what an amazing world we lived in.”

“Gas stations alone would have convinced me it was heaven, I mean every block and they had gas?”

Max's levity and slight wistfulness hits home as she symbolizes a type of outside observer - the jaded kids of the pulse that rarely seek more than their known world, but who underneath is all want more. And Logan, the sage, who gets it on so many levels that it literally makes him ache - for Max, for Seattle, for himself. The man who's so effected by it all that he starts Eyes Only.

You're too hard on your muse - she was definitely present for this.
Griever11 chapter 11 . 6/1/2009
You're killing me here!

ALL FIVE UPDATED AT ONE GO? this is stuff that should have happened when I didn't have a 20 word essay due in two days. What is wrong with uni!

Such awesome wonderfulness - I'll review properly once I get my life back from school. But just really wanted to let you know that my very platonic love for you has increased tenfold.

x0x0x
nattylovesu chapter 11 . 6/1/2009
thanks for sharing_ happy pulse day!
supernatural-princess17 chapter 7 . 10/17/2008
that was cut too. good job
supernatural-princess17 chapter 6 . 10/17/2008
it was about Valerie? but it did confuse me a little.
supernatural-princess17 chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
that was so cute. good job
lisa316 chapter 8 . 10/15/2008
Oh MIA! We missed you. ;-)

I really loved the whole mood of this one, reminiscent but looking forward without regrets at the same time. I'm glad you pulled it out of the files.
lisa316 chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
Aww, sweet!

Nice use of multiple refrences to Logan's ass, especially the part about something crawling up it. Very funny.

Lovely ending. :)
Griever chapter 7 . 12/26/2007
And here I thought I'd already reviewed this... Look who's the real airhead :P

You already know I think this is so heart stopping-ly sweet Xmas fic and that I would so copy and paste the entire thing here because I like every single line in this, from Max's enthusiasm to Logan's grumpiness and the stuff that may or may not be crawling up his ;-)

Wonderful addition to an already wonderful collection of snippets )
Mari83 chapter 7 . 12/26/2007
I love this, it gives me a goofy-happy absent smile that makes me look like a crazy squirrel.

“It’s like the Christmases they always show on tv only in March,” she shook her head. “I can’t believe it’s snowing,” Max leaned back on her hands, looking up at the falling snow.“I can’t believe I’m sitting in the snow,” Logan retorted without much glee."

Oh man, Mia, I so love this part, for at least three reasons: It made me laugh out load, I love the juxtaposing of Max childlike enthusiasm vs. Logan’s grumpiness and Logan sitting there in the snow with a sour face is such a cute picture

"The indifference returned to his eyes in a rush to protect the worry in them."

Just simply love it.

"She frowned in pure puzzlement, “Me?”

He looked briefly away before licking his lips as he turned back, trying to think of something to say.

“You’d really stay in Seattle? You’d really give up on your legs for me?”

This is all so great, Logan’s choices and the decision he made in giving up one thing for the other, his reluctance at first, giving her the answer by a kiss, that his answer came surprising to Max...

“I’d sit in the snow with you any day,” he nodded with serious eyes.

Aww, this has a firm place in my list of the cutest confessions of love in DA.

(On the downside (downside for you), with this you’ve created a new universe with wich I want to endlessly bug you for more / drive you to insanity)
homicidalslayer chapter 2 . 12/2/2007
Wowsers, a Margo-POV, That's quite a twist.

Judging from the title, I had originally thought that this was a Max-POV.

So my initial reaction was "Gosh Maxie, Bitter Much?"

Mad props. (I know, I know, *EW*)

-BMG
homicidalslayer chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
"The fork froze mid-plunge to his plate and he swallowed the not completely chewed bite of chicken that scraped along his suddenly dry throat.

He shook his head, there would be a tomorrow.

There had to be a tomorrow."

Ooh, Edgy. Me likey.

-BMG
Griever11 chapter 6 . 11/22/2007
Me confused.

:S

But it doesn't take away the fact that you made me see Valerie in a whole different way... :) Such a sad sad way to die...

Loved this!

Hope your test went okay D
Mari83 chapter 6 . 11/21/2007
Yes, I am a bit confused (for which I blame my brain's inability to cope with what seem to be three levels and two what-if pasts), but don’t mind at all. Love it, so sad and intense with Valerie’s realization that she’s dying, the disbelief and regret, the contrast to the happy times with Logan… Gives her character a very believable tragic.

“Paramedics or her neighbors picked her clean before she got here. Looks like there used to be a ring on that finger.”

I really like this and all the other parts showing what the Pulse did to people, taking advantage of an injured person in what seems to be just a normal living area, by those people who where supposed to help, the general indifference, the lack of means and interests in saving her life.

"She’d had it all. She grown up to be the person she’d always dreamed of being and she threw it all away.

He had loved her. He would have grieved. He would be holding her hand, ordering doctors not to give up, just as he would order her not to. He’d be on the phone with specialists, calling in doctors from everywhere. He’d be reminding her that she was his wife; she didn’t get to leave him. Remind her that they had promised forever and this was nowhere near close to that.

He would grieve for her.

He would make sure she was buried in her favorite dress, surrounded by her favorite flowers; he would deliver her eulogy to her, not the crowd, though it would move them to tears."

Kill me for copying it all, but I love it. All the sadness of what-ifs and missed opportunities, the strong image of grieving Logan...

"blood alcohol content of .17.”

Would that make 1,7 promille?

And ‘pilfer’, new word:-)

Hope the evil test went well…