Reviews for An Ode to the Original Fiction Writers
twitter123456 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I can see your point. I do with FFn had an original fiction catagory simply because fictionpress just does not recieve the traffic that ffn does. And no I certainly do not agree with posting one's fanfiction in amongst fandoms. The Misc section might be alright...

-Katya
Meltalviel chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
In regards to Gemmifer:

Yes, I understand. This was in regards to those who posted original fiction in the Wicked fanfiction category. They were often spammy, containing no plot or characterisation. Rather than flaming, this was my response. Hope that makes sense!

(Next time, leave a link I can contact you at, please )
Gemmifer chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
You are aware of the fact that before there can be fan fiction there has to be a work of original fiction? Written by someone?
JesseMac Girl the Flinda Freak chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
o.O.

i, like, flamed something original be4 i read this

very good job. funny!

i don't know if my flaming career is over, tho, unfortunately.

awesome poem, tho! hope no 1 flames it ;)
Valkyrie War Cry chapter 2 . 7/10/2008
Although flaming does have its perks...

Pure genius.
Zarrian chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
*Blushes because she flamed a orginal fic just yesterday.* Oh, Mel, you flatter us so. Jk, jk...I shall repent of my meaness sins. *spouts halo*
Faba chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
*looks around guiltily*

Nice poem, Mel. . . uhm. . . .
Sale chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
Oh, you almost went that entire poem without citing Wicked! O_O I don't know much about poetry, but it sounded rather nice. b _ d
WhisperedMuse chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
And we have sanity! Thanks Mel, I hope people will read this and listen to you; because right now, people need to start realising what they're doing.

This place has become a sham lately and it's not just because of the amount of original stuff, but also the way we deal with it. I'm just sick of people using sentences with more swear words than verbs when they review, it's just insane. *Glomps Mel for her genius ideas*

And your poetry is amazing hun, imagery etc just fabby. You're doing the fandom proud.

Kate xx
Gelphaba-Inamorata chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
Oh, gasp. I love your poetry. Keep it up there, Mel. D
StevenQ chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
I'm familiar with 'How Do I Love Thee' but this one is new to me.

Anyway, to repeat what I said in a recent flame-fest of reviews.

'And people wonder why the Wicked section has such a bad reputation. Look folks, I'm no happier than anyone here to find non-Wicked fiction in the Wicked section, but is the vitriol and flames really necesarry? Does it achieve anything but to make us Wicked fans look like frothing at the mouth neanderthals?'

I stand by that statement. Sure, tell the author he's in the wrong place. Report him, I know I have in the past and will do again in the future, but can we please do it without looking like a ravening horde of monsters?
The Pixess chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
THANK YOU MEL! *MEGA-GLOMPS*

GOD, don't they know they're just fueling the fire? Jeez, dumb as they are, people aren't THAT stupid- they post in the wrong section ON PURPOSE for a stupid laugh! STOP humoring a bunch of two-year olds with the brain copasity of a dead monkey!

*Pixie is already in a very bad mood, and lovers Mel for being someone sane*
lotrelves chapter 2 . 11/4/2007
Well done, dear.

*must agree with Mel*
The Phantom's Muse chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
OMO! You are my hero! *Looks over at Fiyero, who has begun to pout* Oh, don't worry, my dear Fiyero. You're still my number one. *Fiyero smiles a big, goofy smile* Alright now that silly prince has been pacified...You are SO my hero!

It's so true! You would think that people would either have a)Heard of 'Wicked' by now or b)Bother to read the summaries and think, "Hmm...all of the summaries involve people named Elphaba, Glinda, Boq, or Fiyero. I wonder if this is community with an actual FAN base, and an actual THEME." It's really not that hard, people.

'How do we loathe thee?

Let us count the ways.'

-Ha ha! I loved the entire poem from the very beginning.

'Your characters- the Wizard shows more emotion!'

-OMO! Sad, but true. It's bad enough that we get original fiction, but we don't even get GOOD original fiction. That's hardly fair.

'For you have less brain than the Scarecrow,

And I do mean that in the cruellest way possible

(Though I mean no offence, Fiyero, dear)'

-*Sees Fiyero pout again, and blows him a kiss. Fiyero smiles*

'If we should compare you to the Wizard

Oz forbid! You make the dictator look kind!'

-Oh, Oz...the lyrics, "They think I'm wonderful!" just popped into my head.

So, in case you didn't notice, I LOVE this! You are just too good to write this. *Favorites*
LostOzian chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
Original fiction writers are a plague. They should be killed like the cockroaches they are, and we shall burn their buggy corpses in a cultish ceremony to appease Stephen Schwartz...

Elphaba: Get a hold of yourself! *Slaps LostOzian*

...Thanks. But it is true, they have no place in Oz. They should just die or find out the only place they'll be allowed to live is Fictionpress. It's that easy.

If only writers of original fiction would read this... -LostOzian