Reviews for Runaways
A-Little-Help-From-My-Friends chapter 4 . 4/12/2012
This is one of the best short stories I have read in a long time. It is very hard to write a decent story in very few chapters but you have done it magnificently. Nathan is, to me, one of the most misunderstood characters and this story just shows how much he really cares. Thank you for writing this story for me to enjoy. :)
Vandenberg chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
After reading this in one go, it was sad to see this end; you did an impressive job in writing this up and your characterisation of everyone was done nicely-you put a lot of thought into it, overall, which was what stood out for me. On an unrelated note, Hiro and Peter were adorable in this.

Keep it up. :)

-Sked-San-san
hrhrionastar chapter 4 . 1/12/2010
Excellent story! The kids are so cute, and I love how they meet Gabriel and Isaac and Jean-Pierre-excellent job finding where their lives could intersect, and also getting their ages right. And the Nathan/Niki attraction is great. Also, Simone's monologue about how people kill people, with guns, was just amazing. Both powerful and sort of sad, given what happens later. Peter was adorable!

This is great!

Riona
jedipenguin chapter 4 . 7/28/2009
That was excellent. So many pastiches violate the spirit of one or both canons, but you handled this one perfectly. Well written and well characterized, I found everyone's actions to be entirely believable. I was even happier when you tied it all into canon, rather than having it go AU. Well done all the way around.

p.s. I also LOVED Hiro communicating in sci-fi theme songs. I could see that happening so clearly!
pleasedeleteaccount1245 chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
Funny and sweet, and I like how you fit so many little details from the first season in here :) I kind of wish that Nathan had gotten that little group to Canada though...oh the possibilities!
Elaienar chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
This is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I couldn't stop grinning. Great beginning, love the way you portray the characters (Niki and Simone in particular keep making me laugh).
TenshiNanashi chapter 4 . 7/21/2008
this rocks. and is written in such a way as to make it actually plausible.

And the characterization is spot on.

Tenshi
Marisa1 chapter 4 . 12/13/2007
Oh. My. God. This is so amazing-you captured EVERYONE so well. I loved the Hatian's voice

Simone in chapter 3 was absolutely hysterical!

Nikki was great.

But most of all, I love your Nathan. I love how you're able to find the heart underneath all his pragmatism. I honestly felt teary at the end.

I loved all the foreshadowing-Gabriel with his mom, Nathan putting Isaac and Simone in Linderman's hands...all of it.

My only regret is that I've never seen Star Wars. So many good lines, but the one that I have to say is my favorite is Angela's line about Hiro developing a thing for Texas waitresses. Gold. And it makes me feel a little bad that Nathan and Nikki get together, because they could have been good friends for each other.

You should really do an AU- what would have happened if Nathan had managed to get away. What I love about this story is how smoothly it fits as a prequel to the series. I'm serious, this is one of my favorite fanfics EVER.

M
emilie420 chapter 3 . 11/30/2007
Hey, I just realized I made a typo. When I said one of the best things I'd ever written, I meant 'READ'. Terribly sorry. I'm sure that must have been insulting to you.
emilie420 chapter 4 . 11/30/2007
This was beautifully written and one of the best Heroes stories I've ever written! It was funny and serious and tied in so nicely with the show.

I loved the thought of tough Niki paired in a room with prissy Simone, and I really loved Simone busting Thompson's kneecap.

Peter and Hiro were A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, and Niki's comments were hilarious.

Haitian was cool, per usual. Love him, in the show, AND in this!

And Nathan! My favorite character in the whole series and you wrote him so well, I really just...

Argh! It's so hard to even BEGIN to describe how much I've fallen in love with your story! It's just too awesome!

Anyway, you get the point right? Because I'm not blessed with the Power of Rambling I find it difficult to continue - though I did a pretty good job for a while there, didn't I?

Much Love,

Paige
Thucydides chapter 3 . 11/16/2007
“The only bad habit your son could pick up from my son is a taste for waitresses in Texas,” Angela said cuttingly, “and how likely is that?"

Mwa-hah!

“Breakfast is the first meal of the day, Gabriel,” she said in a tone of exasparation that had to be universal for mothers everywhere. “The most important one. You need to eat yours, or you’ll come to a bad end.”

So there it is...

Great story. This is possibly the best thing ever.
superlc529 chapter 4 . 11/10/2007
AMAZING! I liked that story a lot... it would be a cool background story on the real HEROES. I love how he cared for Claire and I think that maybe the Haitian didn't erase all of his memories of Claire b/c he did seem emotional in the actual show trying not to show it by putting on his sunglasses. I like how you gave the Haitian a name. THAT WAS A MARVELOUS STORY AND IT NEEDS MORE REVIEWS! :)
cirana chapter 4 . 11/7/2007
gd fic
michellio chapter 4 . 10/8/2007
Oh my goodness! How does this story only have 10 reviews!

It's amazing!

I especially love how this story could easily slip right into canon despite it being out there. Absolutely brilliant.
Meshakhad chapter 4 . 10/3/2007