Reviews for Tales of Trinity
BreathlessCyan chapter 12 . 8/24/2008
The princess of Alfitaria? The Selkies weren't created by Lady Mio? This is getting VERY intense. Anyway, love your story, it's going very well. Hope you'll update soon!
Angle Sword chapter 11 . 8/17/2008
Love it! please update soon!
ladycordelia17 chapter 10 . 7/9/2008
So those who seek answers must delve into Shella's great libraries for them. Hope the Trinity caravanners get what info they need, and soon, before more towns are swallowed up by the miasma. And nobody knows that poor Kass is suffering a miasma infection himself, for he won't meet anybody's eyes for even a moment (one look would give it away, wouldn't it?). I hope the Lilty lad manages to swallow his pride and seek help, even if only to buy himself more time; it pains me to see him suffer.

Ciaran and Mioko find themselves in a moment of awkwardness around each other following a brief spat-figured they would at some point, given their thus-far inability to work out their tangled feelings for one another. At least Mioko rested easier knowing that Sera Li feels no more than friendship for Ciaran; she needed the reassurance after the squabble with bitter old Miden in Alfitaria. But the Ciaran/Mioko romance looks like a promising one at any rate. :)

And interestingly, De Nam now wishes to join Sera Li aboard Trinity's caravan (at least for part of the journey, I suspect). Good-the caravanners may need his help with the problem of the tree sickness, maybe even with Kass's condition once they realize the truth. But the *alchemy* between De Nam and Sera Li is palpable...someone needs to make sure they behave themselves. ;3 Looks like so far you've been a lot kinder to Sera Li of Trinity than other authors/esses have been to their Selkie OFC's of her ilk (with the possible exception of me).

Wonderful so far; I'm anxious to see what happens next.
sixth seraph chapter 9 . 7/3/2008
good chapter. Poor Kass, though I have to admit that that eye's he now has are pretty badass, update soon
ladycordelia17 chapter 9 . 7/3/2008
Pray the Lady Mio helps the suffering Lilty child-if poor little Kass doesn't die of the miasma's infection, it certainly looks like he'll go blind, and lose his mind to the voices of the evil spirits that serve the demon Raem. If Kass dies, who will serve the caravan in his stead? And what...when Mioko and the others see the true nature of what's wrong with Kass? With a fearful word or two from Sera Li, it may even daunt De Nam into not trying to adapt to the miasma like in the FFCC canon.

Speaking of Sera Li and De Nam...ah, feel the love in the air between them. Refreshing, with so much bad stuff happening. I pretty much knew you'd enjoy writing that part of this chapter; I certainly enjoyed reading it. It's not often that readers see much interaction when a Selkie character of Sera Li's ilk features in the story, but you're doing a lovely job so far.

But I saw from the previous chapter that you seem reluctant to incorporate miracles brought about by twists of fate or divine intervention into the story, like giving Mioko so little time to make her decision about reviving the slain Lilty from the rival caravan at Veo Lu Sluice. Quite unlike my story-plotting style, as you must have seen. (For further detail, look at the topic "Do you believe in resurrection?" in my forum The Moogle Nest.)

Puzzling indeed, this apparent tree sickness-hopefully there's a way to siphon the liquid miasma off the myrrh trees so they can make myrrh again for the caravanners who need to save their villages. One can only hope...
gaby chapter 8 . 6/25/2008
I must say I love how this is going so far. :) I love how you characterize the miasma, and how you describe what the miasma does to a person. By far one of my fav FFCC fanfics!
sixth seraph chapter 8 . 6/16/2008
I have to say this is getting quite interesting, please update soon.
ladycordelia17 chapter 8 . 6/13/2008
Oh, dear. A high-speed chase that almost ends in fatality, a confrontation that escalates into violence with a desperate caravan that now may have no choice but to tell its townsfolk to flee, and then the Trinity caravanners reach the myrrh tree to discover that it's dying and yielding liquid miasma to would-be comers.

I really hope that a visit to Shella will at least yield some answers to the problem...
ladycordelia17 chapter 6 . 5/14/2008
So there ARE myrrh thieves! Maybe even spies of the evil Raem that have assumed the forms of ordinary people instead of monsters.

Sounds like even more trouble for the Trinity caravan, if Amidatty is *summoning* the Ciaran, Mioko, Sera Li, and Kass all to Shella for serious discussion once they take care of business at Veo Lu Sluice.

plz upd8 s00n!
Star Equinox chapter 5 . 4/3/2008
I like how this story is going...really nice.
ladycordelia17 chapter 5 . 12/4/2007
So while Dezelta's caravan is having a lot of trouble with the myrrh-gathering this year, the one from Alfitaria returned with a full chalice after just over half a year. Maybe it isn't a tree sickness after all.

But why will Sera Li regret attending the myrrh festival? Will the Veo Lu Sluice tree turn out dry and she'll feel guilty for deciding to lead the caravan there?

This has to be at least the second time a bit of sexual innuendo has gotten one or more Trinity caravanners riled up in an instant. First Kass flies into a rage when Ciaran says that the only reason Mioko respects Zephyrae "is because he's Nate's friend and [she's] desperate to get in with him." Which is not true anyway. Second, Ciaran is furious with an old Liltian man who calls Sera Li a slut (yeah, Selkie women's clothes are rather revealing, but this hot-head blames the whole race of Selkies for the sins of one of the Striped Brigands and takes it out on Sera Li...tsk). Thank goodness for Sol Racht's intervention. And what about the time when Mioko reprimanded Kass for telling Sera Li (after she tricks Bal Dat into thinking the bandits have gained something out of encountering the Trinity caravan) "...and you giving him pressies won't stop him poking you with that stick he calls a sword and then you'll be sorry-"? Good for this clean-minded lot-I guess I'm a bit of a prude myself.

But rest easy, Mioko-Ciaran is just watching Sera Li's back over the incident like a loyal fellow caravanner; there's no need to think he's in love with her and be jealous. Was that what Mioko was crying about? Yeah, Sera Li is plenty beautiful and will never want for admirers, but neither will Mioko.

Once again, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next chapter.
ladycordelia17 chapter 4 . 11/2/2007
All the way from Marr's Pass to Veo Lu Sluice for the last drop of myrrh that year...no wonder the caravanners lose their patience and squabble among themselves.

And so many of the young men are fond of Mioko, from Ciaran to Kass...but she's set her heart on Nate of Dezelta, hasn't she? Heehee. And I saw that Nate seems to have warmed up a notch or two to Sera Li, that's good, the conflicts of race are another thing people in the miasma-clouded world could do without...

While the Trinity caravan is in Shella for a few days' rest, though, maybe they'll all find out just what's causing the myrrh trees to run dry. People are too forgetful? Maybe they remember too much? Maybe...the work of the evil Raem, although nobody will figure that out?

Hmm...and since he's still in Shella as of this point, De Nam had better ask Sera Li to marry him, while he still can...lest they never see one another again...
ladycordelia17 chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
As a fanfic writer who favors the Selkies, I can't help but chuckle at Sera Li's cleverness in getting the better of the Striped Brigands by distracting Bal Dat with shameless flirting whenever he and the bandits pop up...lol :)

But I can tell already that Sera Li of Trinity is doomed for the same heartbreak as devastates my own Selkie girl aboard the motley caravan, Anais Nin of Tipa, in my poem "Anais Nin's Lament" (id: 3780096). R&R plz...the poetic clues should tell you for whom Anais Nin sings her lamentation.
ladycordelia17 chapter 3 . 10/14/2007
Well, we've had an exciting battle with the orc king (and a few run-ins with the narrow-minded people of the world)...and so far this story sounds promising! Keep up the good work.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4