Reviews for Poison Apple
nightoflight chapter 6 . 3/16
This fic honestly makes me want to cry sometimes. maybe it's because I just (literally just) finished reading the manga, but this pair and the way they interact... it's so raw and ugly. It showcases the primal evil that lurks within our minds when we are pushed too far, either by temptation, ego, fear, or hatred. The "mind-rape" to me is probably worse than any rape that's occurred so far. It's so... believable. Yes. The mind-rape is more believable than any of the rape scenes when it comes to this series. I don't think L or Light would actually be able to rape, even when pushed past their breaking point. But those mind games- those are truly honest to the characters and that is what makes it so disgustingly real to read. It's a wonderful story, don't get me wrong. I love reading it because even though it makes me sick sometimes, I just have to see where it will lead. Only one other story has captured my interest in this same way, and that was a very, VERY messed up story. So good job. I'm terrified and excited and impatient to find out what happens next.
SomethingBlue chapter 33 . 1/24
(in advance I apologoze for the language) HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS THAT ONE FANFIC THE ONE FANFIC THAT EVERYONE JUST KINDA READS AND THEN SOEMONE MENTIONS THE WORD POISON APPLE AND EVERUONE BURTS INTO FREAKING TEARS. I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE SOME CUTE STORY, MAYBE SOME SMUT, SOME ANGST, BUT HAPPY ENDING ALL AROUND Y'KNOW? NO. NO. NO. THIS STORY LITTERALY RIPPED MY HEART OUT I READ THIS CRYING HALF THE TIME AND CURSIING THE OTHER HALF BECUASE HOLY SHIT THIS STORY WAS A MASTERPIECE. I CAUGHT MYSELF THINKING THAT THIS WOULD HAVE SO AWESOME IF THIS HAD HAPPENED ON THE SHOW, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WHOLE REM ARC AND L. IT WAS BRILLIANT. THE WHOLE PLOT WAS INDEED BRILLIANT, I FOUND MYESELF READING THIS AND THEN LOOKING UP AND SEEING THAT 3 HOURS HAD PASSED AND I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE. EVERY SCENE WAS DONE TO PERFECTION, THE CHARACTERIZATION AND DIAOLGUE WAS IN CHARACTER AND BRILLIANT, AND THEN L AND LIGHT... i'm never going to be able to watch snow white again without thinking of these two and then consequently wanting to rip my heart out. or look at apples the same way again. or mirrors. or ace of spades. or litterally anything.
l know I'm a bit late to this fanfic but better late then never right? and that also means i got to read this straight through which probably wasnt greatest for my mental health.
your story is one of those stories that will stay with me for a long time. I can honestly say that this story was better then half - no most of the published novels i have read and if all stories were as good as this one then the world would be a much more intersting place as this would one of those stories that would infulence a generation itself.
I don't believe I could express my love and gratitude for this story with only the meager words of the English language, even though you weilded the same words so experertly and has given me a writing standard to one day hope to reach ( as your words were done so beautlifully, so magically, that every single idea and thought came across in a full power and strength, something I encounter so little among other writings.)
While it is left to my imagination to expolore where the pit lead for L and Light, I would like to think it led to some sort of happy ending. Maybe one not like the fairytale land where their relaiionship bloomed, but instead one where they are together through all pain and struggle so that one day they may find another fairy tale, one where their love for each other encountered no resistance, but instead became a healthy fulfilling love where they are simply content to be with one another as Light Yagami and L Lawliet, two flawed humans who found each other throughout all the death and corruption and pain. But then again, maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic and missing the whole point that there could not be a happy ending for these two...
Thank you for arguably the best fanfiction, and argubely one of the best stories I have ever read. It will stay with me for a very long time.
SomethingBlue chapter 2 . 1/13
so i'm currently in the middle of my midterm week and I just found your amazing fic and currently rolled up in a ball of emotions and there's so many chapters and I'm so excited to see where this will go. I'm loving how you are potraying L and Light and their relationship with each other and I'm really excited to see where they will take it after this chapter...but i' currently in midterm week and this isn't really the best thing for me doing (even though i adore this) but what the hell these two life-ruiners are the best things ever and I can already tell this fanfic is going to be amazing
Sephiroth'sGhost chapter 9 . 1/9
The writing is great but what was with the fast forward? There seems to be a lacking of a transitional period and it's confusing. I still love the story though :)
Ms.KClare chapter 23 . 1/5
I'm the first reviewer of 2015! Booyah! 8 years to this fic...and cheers to even more! :)
Ms.KClare chapter 22 . 1/5
Oh my sodding life...
This...this...is too much for my heart. Let me begin from the start. I began reading Poison Apple on my phone 2 days ago and quite obviously, got hooked on to it. Reasons? My thoughts are a bit incoherent now, but i'll try to list them out.
1) Your language skills, both Narroch and you. You can make a simple bunch of animated black hair a bejeweled masterpiece,a historical literary work. You two make ebony hair mesmerising,captivating,enchanting,seductive and malevolent. And now imagine what you've done with this entire fanfic so far. You've made it a priceless,precious and haunting story.
2) Your vocabulary: You have me sitting with a dictionary at the end of the day,learning new words (like supercilious). Simply awesome. One of the reasons I like Agatha Christie...the fascinating plethora of her lexicon. You guys must be her scions, little bitches you two :D
3) L and Light. Need I say more? You've carved these two in an exquisite pattern in the dark, cold and sensual marble that is your story.
There are palpably more reasons,but right now I'm seeing dark spots in front of my eyes and I'm not wearing my glasses (blind without them) so i'm squinting in the little light of my laptop trying to phrase in words a few slivers of my colossal admiration of this fanfic. It's 2.54am and i was laying in bed reading this on my phone, unable to sleep because of the sodding gorgeous plot of this thing.
I was also simultaneously listening to a collection of all DN soundtracks, and at the EXACT same time L first clutched Misa's heart, "L's Past" theme began playing,followed by "Light's theme"(the point when light is gasping, scared and L's all sweetheart mood; then the killing part)...
and i got such goddamnsoddingbloodyfuck FEELS, i ran downstairs to my laptop and here i am, typing away maniacally in the dark (with mosquitoes killing me XD)!
I've gone ahead and written a bloody essay, and I'm sorry for it. But i hope you read this,RR (and Narroch too hopefully).
And about the I'm-in-love-with-PA-so-i-buy-Disney-merchandise thing? I found out some Disney princess bracelets that have these heart shaped baubles with Aurora and Snow and other princesses...and i'm actually wearing them. I'm 17, wearing pink and blue beaded bracelets meant for 5-year-olds. I should probably hide myself forever. And also should probably shut my trap. XD
Arrivederci.
PS: this took me half an hour to write...i deserve applause,really :P
Marie chapter 33 . 12/13/2014
SIX FUCKING YEARS LATER.
I don't know what to say...
I'm French and I just burnt my Brian for a week trying to understand this fic. Well, I finally reached my goal. I'm about to cry because this was just too much for me, because I fucking loved this and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I'm sure none of you will read this review because yeah it's been six years since the final dot of this fic, but I had to express my feelings about it. I am so lame right now.
This fic was so perfectly written, it felt like it actually happened for real, and omg. Tears are coming. ;;
No matter what you're done to Light (I mean, you wrecked him in so many pieces, you made him one-eyed and made his heart hurt him so much and... Ok, stop. You just tortured him, you little duet of sadistic fans.), I love you so much for writing this, even though it was six years ago and at that time I was ten. I mean, I could erect an altar for you right now.
Please accept this passionate love I feel for both of you. Even if you never read this, it's ok.
Ah, and sorry for the mistakes. I'm French, it's not in French people's nature to speak english without making awful mistakes.
POISON APPLE WAS LIKE THE BEST THING THAT CAME IN MY LIFE RECENTLY AND I JUST WANT TO SAY I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND I LOVE YOU BOTH AND I LOVE LIGHT AND L AND MELLO AND MATT AND EVEN THAT LITTLE CHILD I CAN'T STAND NAMED NEAR BECAUSE YEAH IT WAS PERFECT I'M SO FULL OF LOVE RIGHT NOW AND I NEED TO CALM DOWN.
Thank you, really. You might be so old now by the way, it's weird thought.

XOXO,

Marie.
Teacuppy chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Still... one of the most amazing and f*ed up Death Note Fanfics :-D :-P LOVING IT... ABS LOVING IT! Every bit of it
romagen chapter 33 . 11/7/2014
This is one of the best stories I have ever read. I can't believe that both of you worked together on this, and added Disney to it. The first story with Disney that I have ever seen in Fanfiction. I hope you will continue to write and post stories soon, they are very interesting.
Scaredy chapter 17 . 11/5/2014
I am reading this story in pieces. I usually go through a fanfic in a day even if it's too long. A 300k one would usually take me two days or so - but some images this fic brings are so disturbing to me. Their realationship is as far as you can get from fluffy even in the first arc - I can count the sweet moments on my hand.
At this point, I'm more scared of L. I want a chapter with his POV again desperately.
gee chapter 15 . 11/2/2014
I have been waiting for them to be happy ever since this story started, but happiness only lasts a few moments at a time and I can't possibly see how it's going to come back now..
I can't see this story ending well, but I still want to read it through. If it doesn't end at least a little bit nicely, at least a little sweet in the bittersweet way, I AM GOING TO CRY.
Because I have invested time and feels into this, and sad endings? Not my thing. And yet you warn us... there won't be a sad ending. The optimist in me has trouble believing. I have been severely disappointed several times because I refuse to believe people when they tell me a sad ending is coming. I'm always like "it won't be sad SAD, will it? naah" and then BAM, it's hella fucking sad. I regret.
Just... dance macabre needs a silver lining. I know now that Light really won't see Heaven, only that terrible Mu we caught a glimpse of. And that now L has been cast from Heaven too and I have no idea what is going to happen - can he even get hard anymore? I have a feeling the sexual side of them is over. It makes me ache. And the lovey dovey side... the force in it was weak before, it must be depleted now. And this last sex scene reminded me terribly of the way they raped each other at first. I almost wanted to look away, but you can't do that when you're reading I suppose...
Give them something. I Can't go fifteen more chapters of sadness - you wouldn't do that, right?
Guest chapter 5 . 10/26/2014
I think the characters are growing a bit OOC. L doesn't lose control like this.
ype chapter 4 . 10/26/2014
You guys shuold put rape trigger warning in this
asf chapter 2 . 10/26/2014
I love it when people talk about Light's dramatic writing, since I always end up laughing when I watch those scenes in the anime.
Really, who would ever seriously write like that? I just imagine Light doing his exams and writing like that and grunting and sweating from all the force behind his hand (more arm at this point) movements for two hours. Oops, sounded wrong.
Still holds true, it's ridiculous.
j chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
its th eBEST FF ive ever read..
2,783 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »