Reviews for Poison Apple
Guest chapter 15 . 4/7/2015
Just awesome. The writing style seriously kills me. :P I love it.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/7/2015
Omg. Omg. Omg. This got me. I was breath taken!
eenayde chapter 9 . 4/6/2015
That's... So... Sad...

Poor L. He doesn't even suspect Light...

Great story. :)
eenayde chapter 8 . 4/6/2015
This is so awesome. And the Disney thing makes it even more awesome. I seriously love this fic. It's detailed, well written PLUS no mistakes! That is SWEET.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/4/2015
I couldn't find 'city of cinders'. :(

Oh well. I love the story so far, although it can be a little confusing.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/4/2015
Reaaaaally hooking. Tbh, this is one of the best fics I've read in ages.
PeACe chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
This first chapter rocked. Well done! :)
red.marshmellows chapter 33 . 3/31/2015
This fanfic was seriously amazing! I actually found it by looking up the most popular FanFiction in Death Note and I've got to say it's just as it said. It made me cry so much but honestly I love the ending even though I always want to read a happily ever after cause without it it feels like I've lost all hope but man this was awesome and SO beautiful! I'm glad I got to read something like this and really enjoy it. These chapters always had me on edge of what was gonna happen next and I love long chapters! I wish I could read another one as great as this, hopefully one day. I will never forget this fanfic and how it made me feel! Thank you so much for writing this! :D
Nightoflight9 chapter 31 . 3/28/2015
That was weird. I did not expect it to end like that. Maybe it's just too soon for me to review (I read the epilogue, but I'm reviewing this chapter in case I want to review again), but I feel like I built this story up in my head as this grand and beautiful and dangerous thing. But the ending felt kind of cheesy and shinigami-ex-machina to me. I mean, all these new rules and having it all explained in the end with a plot device that just barely fit seemed a little amateur. Though I admit, it was creative and I only saw some parts of it coming. This fic was so well written, but at the same time waaayy too long. Sometimes it felt like you were writing just to see the word count increase. That's not to say that what is found in these chapters isn't beautiful and dark and descriptive and flowing. Just too much.
I've spent hours of my life reading this story, eating up sleep in the late hours of the night, and I can't say yet if it was worth it. Maybe I'll review again later, after I've had time to process this ending. Also, that epilogue doesn't really make sense to me? But maybe I'm just sleep deprived.
All that said, this was a great story.
CliCliW chapter 31 . 3/21/2015
Ok, I reread "silence" and I now understand the "cancellation" thing. It was a silly mistake on my part. Obviously I rushed to finish it before I fell asleep and so I could sleep and missed the actual meaning of it. I'd also like to add that when it was mentioned that L's note was white I thought it was like "Oh, he can heal people or something". I'm glad I was wrong :)

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding :) And thank you for the story. Again.
CliCliW chapter 31 . 3/21/2015
Hi there!

Ok, first off, thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm sure you guys can tell by the sheer amount of reviews, but this story is just downright amazing (also, you guys wrote it, so of course you know it's awesome!).

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but seriously, I've been trying to read this non-stop. Difficult since I was working a lot this week. But I did finish it within a few days! That said, I read it continuously from about 8.30pm - 2 pm last night. And I had to get up at 6am this morning. and took a shower that was so hot it was uncomfortable, but it woke me up I suppose! So I'm blaming you both for my total inability to work today!

No but really: thoughts: And just a warning to external prospective readers: This is SUPER SPOILER HEAVY. Seriously, just skip this review if you don't want to be spoiled. Actually, stop reading the reviews and go read the fic, for cripes' sake!

I think you captured the kind of relationship that L and Light would have if they did have one. A tainted, twisted thing that brings equal amounts of joy (I feel like joy is the wrong word but I'll just leave it there) and misery to both. It's not a lovey-dovey thing, it's about dominance and power and between L and Light it always will be! At least I think so anyway. It reminded me very much of Shakespeare's quote: These violent delights have violent ends/ And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,/ Which, as they kiss, consume. (Yes, I looked that up, because I could only remember the gist but not the real wording of it)

Your "L torments Light by keeping him awake till crazy o' clock and waking him up at all hours" thing really struck a chord with me, I think because I do that to my boyfriend all the time. Not intentionally, mind you, but once I'm awake in the morning (usually early enough) I just can't go back to sleep, but I can't lie still either. So I fidget, I roll over and over, I alternate between cuddling and rolling over and just everything in between. Poor Light, and my poor R!

L's inital return to the land of the living and his being cast out of heaven was extremely reminiscent of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's story line at one stage. but freakish dead!L was just amazing! The kind of individual that seemed so full of evil and malice and mystery that I'm a little disappointed the plot progressed from that point, but nonetheless it was a thrill.

That first heart that Light gives to L, and L's dying again following it was something I found kind of comical. I mean, I didn't think it funny, but imagining this poor being momentarily brought back to be killed off (and the fact that there was a "thud" from the next room) is kind of funny thinking back on it.

I frankly didn't care much for Matt and Mello, or specifically Matt's death. It was a little funny that this story made me feel like he's the Sean Bean of Death Note, and he fact that more than anything he was just a pawn with which to taunt Mello was probably the saddest thing for me. It was interesting to watch Mello's unraveling, but I do have a problem with his recovery too, which I'll go into later.

Right now, I'd like to write about how that ending, and *Light's* absolute descent into madness (or at least that's how I perceived it) towards the end was just excellent. It was the perfect way to end him. I don't sympathise with Light in the anime, and any tortured!Light is fine by me. But seriously, I have no idea how he came to the conclusion that Near's Heart would be the one to return L to life fully. That's figurative, I'm it's all down to the "mirror-mirror eyes", but just how do you jump to that conclusion? I thought was obvious that Light's Heart was the only one that could do it. I actually thought before he tried to take his eyes out that that's what he was actually going for. Alas, no. Poor Light. Still, I do like the unhinged-towards-the-end Kira. It just makes perfect sense. At the exact moment you begin to believe you're invincible, the finishing blow is landed. And the chapter dealing with Light's Canon death? I actually watched the anime ending for the first time the same day that I read that chapter. Was it Wednesday that was? It's now Saturday and I'm still like "ermahgerd!"

Ummm... Near. Wonderful, weird little Near. That one gunshot honestly spoke volumes for me. Just the "how could you do this to me, L" of it all.

I had called L's state partway through, but actually dismissed it when Matsuda could see him. I just resigned to not knowing.

You have no idea how much I'm fighting the urge to use Smileys all over this review, It's a natural thing for me to do and I've deleted a ridiculous amount of them. I digress though.

I just came ridiculously close to posting this by accident, and I'm not done yet. Oops...

I imagine Shini!L kinda like a Digimon for some reason, like a strange version of Angemon or something but not exactly Angemon either.

And because I'm running out of time and words, The problem I had with L's saving Mello. He reasons that writing the name in a Death Note cancels it out. I'm confused, because I thought the rule was that if the same person's name was written into two different Notes, the First one takes effect (like in the LA movie), and it can only be cancelled if it was written in the two notes within 0.06 seconds of each other (I looked that bit up). So it stands to reason to me, that L could not have saved Mello in that way, but that's really just nitpicking.

That ambiguous, open-to-interpretation ending though. That was clever and I'm in really mixed feelings about it. I did enjoy it, but I didn't particularly like it, if that makes sense? I'm going to reread that chapter anyway because like that, it was late when I was reading it so I could have missed something and maybe it'll leave a different impact on me.

Anyway, I think that's it for me, cause I need to finish my breakfast and get ready to leave, and maybe it was the subconscious effect of this fic, but I'll be honest with you guys, I bought an apple the other day to eat. Not a scarlet one, just a Pink Lady, but it's something I guess! I didn't share it though; R doesn't eat apples and my only other choice was children in the creche I work in :)

Oh, there we go, a smiley. Last word, I swear! I'm now going to go to HMV today and see what wonderful Disney films I can buy. I'm long overdue picking one up. Who knows, maybe it'll be Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. or maybe it'll be something entirely different!

Again, thank you both for the wonderful story, This is being favourited because I need to force anyone who likes Death Note to read this! :D

Cliona
nightoflight chapter 14 . 3/17/2015
Holy shit. Favorite chapter yet. So descriptive and sad and lovely and interesting. Honestly, I'm a little speechless. What you've been able to do with these characters goes beyond anything I could have imagined. And holy mackerel, you're writing is impeccable. You have such a good grasp of how to inner dialogue.
nightoflight chapter 6 . 3/16/2015
This fic honestly makes me want to cry sometimes. maybe it's because I just (literally just) finished reading the manga, but this pair and the way they interact... it's so raw and ugly. It showcases the primal evil that lurks within our minds when we are pushed too far, either by temptation, ego, fear, or hatred. The "mind-rape" to me is probably worse than any rape that's occurred so far. It's so... believable. Yes. The mind-rape is more believable than any of the rape scenes when it comes to this series. I don't think L or Light would actually be able to rape, even when pushed past their breaking point. But those mind games- those are truly honest to the characters and that is what makes it so disgustingly real to read. It's a wonderful story, don't get me wrong. I love reading it because even though it makes me sick sometimes, I just have to see where it will lead. Only one other story has captured my interest in this same way, and that was a very, VERY messed up story. So good job. I'm terrified and excited and impatient to find out what happens next.
SomethingBlue chapter 33 . 1/24/2015
(in advance I apologoze for the language) HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS THAT ONE FANFIC THE ONE FANFIC THAT EVERYONE JUST KINDA READS AND THEN SOEMONE MENTIONS THE WORD POISON APPLE AND EVERUONE BURTS INTO FREAKING TEARS. I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE SOME CUTE STORY, MAYBE SOME SMUT, SOME ANGST, BUT HAPPY ENDING ALL AROUND Y'KNOW? NO. NO. NO. THIS STORY LITTERALY RIPPED MY HEART OUT I READ THIS CRYING HALF THE TIME AND CURSIING THE OTHER HALF BECUASE HOLY SHIT THIS STORY WAS A MASTERPIECE. I CAUGHT MYSELF THINKING THAT THIS WOULD HAVE SO AWESOME IF THIS HAD HAPPENED ON THE SHOW, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WHOLE REM ARC AND L. IT WAS BRILLIANT. THE WHOLE PLOT WAS INDEED BRILLIANT, I FOUND MYESELF READING THIS AND THEN LOOKING UP AND SEEING THAT 3 HOURS HAD PASSED AND I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE. EVERY SCENE WAS DONE TO PERFECTION, THE CHARACTERIZATION AND DIAOLGUE WAS IN CHARACTER AND BRILLIANT, AND THEN L AND LIGHT... i'm never going to be able to watch snow white again without thinking of these two and then consequently wanting to rip my heart out. or look at apples the same way again. or mirrors. or ace of spades. or litterally anything.
l know I'm a bit late to this fanfic but better late then never right? and that also means i got to read this straight through which probably wasnt greatest for my mental health.
your story is one of those stories that will stay with me for a long time. I can honestly say that this story was better then half - no most of the published novels i have read and if all stories were as good as this one then the world would be a much more intersting place as this would one of those stories that would infulence a generation itself.
I don't believe I could express my love and gratitude for this story with only the meager words of the English language, even though you weilded the same words so experertly and has given me a writing standard to one day hope to reach ( as your words were done so beautlifully, so magically, that every single idea and thought came across in a full power and strength, something I encounter so little among other writings.)
While it is left to my imagination to expolore where the pit lead for L and Light, I would like to think it led to some sort of happy ending. Maybe one not like the fairytale land where their relaiionship bloomed, but instead one where they are together through all pain and struggle so that one day they may find another fairy tale, one where their love for each other encountered no resistance, but instead became a healthy fulfilling love where they are simply content to be with one another as Light Yagami and L Lawliet, two flawed humans who found each other throughout all the death and corruption and pain. But then again, maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic and missing the whole point that there could not be a happy ending for these two...
Thank you for arguably the best fanfiction, and argubely one of the best stories I have ever read. It will stay with me for a very long time.
SomethingBlue chapter 2 . 1/13/2015
so i'm currently in the middle of my midterm week and I just found your amazing fic and currently rolled up in a ball of emotions and there's so many chapters and I'm so excited to see where this will go. I'm loving how you are potraying L and Light and their relationship with each other and I'm really excited to see where they will take it after this chapter...but i' currently in midterm week and this isn't really the best thing for me doing (even though i adore this) but what the hell these two life-ruiners are the best things ever and I can already tell this fanfic is going to be amazing
2,810 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »