Reviews for God on Earth
Shinigami Merchant chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
The description, the atmospere and the characterisation is perfect.
In such a short oneshot you've revealed so much and cliarified what were once obscure concepts expertly hidden with Doubtless.

I really didn't think it was possible for me to hate Malik anymore than I already di but congratulations you've done it
Anzu Fan chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
The description is breathtaking...and disturbing. Malik's insanity seems to know no bounds...extremely good, everyone in character. The writing was great!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Damn.

I wondered how the markings had gotten on Yugi's back, only to find it like this...

Very, very good. Keep writing!
tavia454 chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Oh! I so hate Malik right now! That bastard, I hope he gets what's coming to him! Please continue?
olesia.love chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
"This is for you. _;"

Well... I'm not particularly sure how to react to that part, but *wow*. Jeez. Um. Coherency? Let's try for that. Yes.

The subtle revelations here are very nice: that the Puzzle's destruction (I almost said 'destroytiction,' and I have no idea where that came from) was accidental makes (Dark) Yuugi's more plausible, as do the threats of bodily harm to Yuugi if (Dark) Yuugi were to attempt a Dark Game.

That Malik is tying all this directly to his own scarification - "just as Father had, exactly as Father had" - is eerie and fits perfectly with early, hateful Malik.

The exchange at the end, though, is the most defining of the relationship these two have in Doubtless.

And now I can see perfectly why Dark Yuugi is slightly more than happy that it was he who was scarred and not Yuugi himself. After all, since the puzzle had been broken at this point, Yuugi would have been suffering alone as Dark Yuugi is now; though this early on in the series, Yuugi is not as mentally strong as he would latter become, so something like this would probably have destroyed him.