Reviews for Past the Fall
floofyMiko chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
MMn. Well, I really like it this "choppy" running off of thoughts just WORKS for Zuko, imo. Yay kehee ]
Minstrel of Fire chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
I love the way you portrayed Zuko's thoughts in this fic, and how he's trying to convince himself he's happy, and that Iroh was wrong, but he can't quite manage it. I really like how the first two italic parts are in Zuko's voice. The line "Father?" is really powerful, because it makes me think maybe he's kind of speaking into a void, if you know what i mean-that even if Ozai hears his son's unspoken question, he's refusing to listen. And that ties in nicely with the example of Zuko's continued dreams that you gave, where "his father turns his back." As has been said, the last line is also very powerful (who is it talking about, we wonder, and probably Zuko does too), as are the two lines "Everything. Nothing." I think you did a good job of portraying Zuko's confusion. (You know, i was thinking just now that this fic has a kind of surreal quality-like a dream, or a nightmare, or something that could be either one, for all we can tell... [/strange metaphors lol]) Thanks for writing! I've added this to my favorites.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
The last line is nicely complicated; I'm not sure who it's talking about, but I'm not sure Zuko does either. Is it Iroh, Azula, Zuko himself? What have they betrayed-the fire nation, or basic goodness, or the twisted royal family? Interesting. The last lines got a bit confusing because they're so stream of conciousness (it might be better if you put them as Zuko's thoughts, using second person for Iroh, do you think?), but I do like this fic. It has the same denial as Ozai's...but different. The fire nation royal family is more messed up than the Skywalkers!

You get a real review this time because I was afraid of spoilers.

You also get...

Zutarangst.

Rejoice.
Dee Lee chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Nice little fic. Definitely in character.
Sayuri-Jen chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Traitor

Great last line )

It wasn't bad at all! I loved the addition of Zuko's voice within the parenthesis...like he was keeping all those thoughts inside him and was being troubled by them. (couldn't express anything)

I also thought that you captured Zuko's troubled mind well because of his undecided feelings for his uncle. First he knows he needs Iroh's help, but then scorns him for not understanding.

He's that confused.

It really showed emotion so great job. Loved it!