Reviews for Slow the World, So I Can Run
JoftheMGirl chapter 1 . 2/10
Bravo. A lovely piece examining what might have gone through Riku's head during that time. Also, congratulations. You've reminded me of how bad I feel for Roxas. You are a great writer.
Citrus Sunscreen chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I love this Riku, he's so sentimental and reminiscing. nostalgic!Riku is rather depressing, and gosh, I love the ideas in this ficc, the whole "You guys get Nobodies. I get Ansem." makes him seem so pitiful, I could imagine a lonely, sad and bitter tone. Ironic much?

And gosh, it's a really beautiful piece. I think I'm loving it to bits.
Dust to Dusk chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
I like all the details Riku brings up from their childhood. It's good elaboration and adds depth. I like that this shows his conflicted feelings about Roxas and what DiZ claims about him. I enjoyed reading it. _
rainwaterglass chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
i love this.
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Where to start...

There's just SO MUCH I like about this piece; it's one of my favorites you've written. I think one of my reasons for liking it is because you've just really captured Riku's voice here-his meandering reminisces on childhood innocence, his jealousy at Roxas's carefree attitude, even his guilt at still having his heart while Kairi and Sora lost theirs. There are a few lines especially that I like in this.

"I remembered that, just like I remembered how the land makes the shape of the sky."

So much is said here, considering the meanings of Riku's and Sora's names.

"... I didn’t know you at that age, I just saw it in the pictures that your mother kept on the shelves of your house, the ones she’d bring down when I came over for caramel corn and Kairi would ask if you stole all the whipped cream out of the fridge and that’s why there wasn’t any to put on the hot chocolate and anyway. I’m. Rambling."

Riku getting caught up in childhood memories. It's sad, how all that innocence is pretty much gone now, with all that they have experienced.

"I had an extra heart added, instead of one stolen away."

I'd never thought of this before, but it makes perfect sense. Interesting, how the one who accepted the darkness also kept his heart. Maybe it was so weak the Heartless didn't want it, but it drew Ansem instead.

"He smiles and he jokes and sometimes he gets quiet, really quiet, more like the person I fought in the rain of the City That Didn’t Belong."

Such a good description of Roxas. And I love calling the Nonexistant World "the City that Didn't Belong." Just yes.

Bravo, Luc. Keep it up!
The Mad Empty Shell chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
That's a beautiful last sentence.

Also wanted to point out something:

"I had an extra heart added, instead of one stolen away."

Not really... because Ansem is actually Xehanort's Heartless, he doesn't really have a heart. But then again, a Heartless is the reincarnation of the darkness in one's heart: so it kind of does have a heart, but it's completely surrounded by darkness.

Not that this really affects the outcome of the story anyway...

Good job! :)
songsilence chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Very very nice. I loved the imagery with the paper boats. I also liked the little part about the sea, earth, and sky shaping each other. It was so sweet. An excellent piece of work.
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Wow. That was great!
Vippy G chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Oh, this is very good. Quite thought provoking. Keep it up!
Angry Girl chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
I've already reviewed this on your LJ but I have to do so again as rereading it I recalled how good it was! I like how he keeps relating back to Sora and comparing them and mentioning the look that he had in his eyes that he had never asked about that was a good line also:

'From what DiZ claims, if I want to get you back, I have to get rid of Roxas. Get rid of this part of you that isn’t enough of a part to keep around'

I really liked that and the fact that he finds it odd they lost their hearts with nobodies running around and he who embraced it didn't he just got something else ) really really like this
k123 chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
This is such a lovely fic. Roxas is an extremely interesting character, and I like Riku's point of view a lot.
unknown reviewer chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
I can't help but review this wonderful peice of work.

there are precious few stories that deal with what Riku was doing all that time after joining DiZ and capturing Roxas. Fewer still that write it well. This however is a shining example of what could be done with those often neglected storylines

a great peice of work.

keep it up
lirpa-chan chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Having finally, FINALLY played Kingdom Hearts II I can fully appreciate it's characters and therefore enjoy your KH fics.

As I'm a Riku fangirl I enjoyed this piece quite a bit. Great job!

April _~