Reviews for Asha's Arrival
VietAngel chapter 9 . 8/22/2003
This is such a wonderful story, I really hope you continue it one day. I love the depth you gave Asha's character...that's something that the show failed to do. You write Asha beautifully.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/15/2002
Why didn't you write more chapters...I love this , you write really weel.
Kimmy chapter 9 . 6/3/2002
Trying again...

Chapters 1-9

Okay this just proves I have no idea; what you’ve written, when, who about etc… My list can go on. Reason: because I’m a major Asha supporter and I haven’t read this. A/A stories being my favorite but do I need to remind you that it was your awesome talent that opened my mind to all pairings. Including Rafer/Max… hehehe, just thought I’d add that ;P

I think I answered your a/n for chapter one. Yes I care about Asha, I think you did a great job creating an emotive and real background for her. Although Chicago is East coast and I’m fairly sure Asha comes from SW? San Francisco, I think…

Everything she wonders, is what any conscientious female would. Someone she disconnected herself from so long ago and she’s going to just drop back into his life. In away I think she could very well have prepared herself for rejection or a cold welcome. She could also be unconsciously remembering Parker’s words too, people change. Even in all these heavy thoughts of Asha’s, you still manage to drop humor, “Eyes Only can get me a one-way ticket back to Europe, or to Canada or Mexico, or any damned place that isn’t the morgue.” It’s why I love your style so much, you never cease to surprise and entertain.

I could actually feel her fear… and I think you did switch from Chicago to San Fran once. Whatever, it doesn’t affect the story that much. Unless you’re making future references…

Nice touch, having her use the skylight as entry. Although I’m thinking it might bring back painful memories for Logan. Considering Max is dead, or he believes her to be. Ugh I think I’ll just go back to reading, I’ve already muddled myself…

It’s cruel to laugh isn’t it. When the character is in a traumatic state and desperate. I laugh it’s not fair is it? But I couldn’t help myself, I’m picturing this scene and it’s so damn comical. If it was me, I’d be laughing and crying in the same instance because that’s what happens when I get hysterical. There were so many awesome bits to this, I’m glad you wrote from Logan’s POV. It just made this even better, if that’s possible. “…must really be the runt of the litter” hahaha sarcastic humor, just like Logan.

Yep it’s possible, it gets better. Although poor Asha, fainting spells?

You did great job with chapter 6, it was intense and open. Nothing wakes you up faster then a friend in need. You tend to forget your own problems; they look insignificant when someone you love is hurting. And you did Logan again. Yay! :D

It was really long… and something I keep forgetting to ask is Asha, Barlow or Copeland? Bling, you included him and with such an important role too. He’s still Logan’s friend, an Eye’s Only clued in man and now (thanks to Max) Logan’s family. May have been a long chapter, but definitely not wordy or boring.

Never realized she wouldn’t know… then again when she fell from the skylight, he was standing. And he did carry her. Interesting discovery anyway and so she’s coming around… Ohh I nearly forgot, the dream/recollection of Mike’s death is exactly like Logan experienced with Max…

Am I one for stating the obvious? *sighs* well you know that all the little things you usually drop in work on me ;)

Brilliant! Well what was covered in the chapter… Asha’s realization of Logan’s condition, Logan trying to find out about the ten years under the bridge, Asha attempting to tell him what happened. Just one thing, I thought it ended weirdly, either that or I didn’t copy the text properly… in which case I’ll check when I log back on.
Zanna 186 chapter 9 . 6/3/2002
Finally! Another long-awaited chapter to this story. I've said before that this story has a way of making me really feel for Asha. She's been through so much and has obviously been deeply traumtized by what has happened to her. But at this point, what she doesn't know is that Logan has been though just as much. They've both been fighting a war and have suffered heavy losses, they've both been injured physically and emotionally, and they've both lost someone that they love. It will be interesting to see what they can do to heal each other, if they can. But Asha already seems to be reaching instinctively for it, the way she clings to Logan's touch as the only thing that's real to her in a world gone mad. Loved the last line in this chapter, "And when he finally draws his hand back I feel colder than I should for the absence of his touch." Very elegantly put. I'd beg to have the chapter soon, but given how long I had to wait for this one, I expect I'll just have to be patient for the next one.
CuddleCub chapter 9 . 6/3/2002
Even though you don't have a lot of Logan's thoughts, what you do have is good. Somehow you seem to capture him.

It's much easier to capture Asha because who knows what she is. I do like your Asha though.

Poor thing. What will happen to her when Max comes back? But she'll be strong, emotionally, by then.

You are a good writer and I love to see you writing longer stories. I'm not fond of short little bits, just like I never watch 1/2 hour TV. I like to sink my teeth into the story.

Please keep up this excellent story. Those of us who love Dark Angel need something. And I just can't read all those pathetic little 14 year old girls writing about Alec.

You are one of the six best writers at FanFic. Well, DA FanFic. I don't read anything else.
Kyre chapter 9 . 6/3/2002
Yay, a new chapter!

Wow. I can just feel the horror of Asha's memories. The things she's gone through...so sad. I felt her pain and when Logan took his hand away, I felt something missing, just like she did.

Nice touch having Asha doubt her memory of Logan walking. After all the time spent with her reality and her dreams blurred, it makes sense. How confusing it must be to think you're finally starting to be able to separate the two, and then see something that makes you wonder whether you've accomplished that at all.

Looking forward to more.
Kyre chapter 8 . 5/23/2002
Hey, I think I skimmed the first chapter or two of this story a while back but didn't have time to continue it. Now I'm sloooowly catching up on my fic-reading and am all caught up. I hope you will continue this soon!
Zanna 186 chapter 8 . 1/27/2002
No, I hadn't forgotten about this story, but yes, I was beginning to wonder if you had. Back when you first started this story last summer, I was curious to see how your portrayal of Asha would compare to the show's portrayal when it started up again in the fall. I have to say you're story delves a lot deeper into the character and makes her a lot more sympathetic than the show does. Now, are we going to get another chapter anytime soon or are we going to have to wait another four months for the next one?
Lynn chapter 8 . 1/25/2002
I just found this fic for the first time, and am already wanting more! I love the backstory you've created for Asha. Logan's characterization is very good, too. Can't wait to see the conversation about Logan's injury. Great writing! Thanks for this.
Zanna chapter 7 . 9/21/2001
This is a very sweet and restful chapter. One might almost say that it is recuperative, just what Asha needs. Very insightful into how Logan feels about his past. It's so typical of him for his protective feelings towards her to manifest into a need to cook for her. When she finally opens up to him and he finds out what happened to her and Mike, all of his aprehensions are going to become reality. I look forward to reading how he handles it.
veggie5 chapter 7 . 9/21/2001
wow... first off... i'll admit.. when i first heard about stephanie/asha/whatever other names the were going to use... i hated her from the start...(of course due to my shippery heart) but this story is good.. i'm just wondering if you plan to get max back in the picture and such? *grin* hey i'm a shipper... can't blame me for asking... :) keep up the good work.
lcz angelette chapter 7 . 9/21/2001
ive waited forever for chap 7. update asap! please make max come back to logan...
faithseven chapter 6 . 9/21/2001
that is soooooo good when are ya gonna add more?
lcz angelettee chapter 1 . 9/17/2001
update!
D.M.O 452 chapter 6 . 9/15/2001
Really like how you ptrayed the new character. Wonder if the writers will do it the same way. Is this story going to lead to something?