Reviews for Battle Stain
bigblukrew chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
Oops. I forgot to mention something. When you were describing how the Saiyan shield fell, with it being a clumsy mistake on Hercule's post, I definitely blew air out of my nose pretty hard. That had to be one of the most perfect portrayals of his character I've ever seen. Bravo.
bigblukrew chapter 31 . 7/20/2016
Damn, that was pretty good. The first chapter had me all set up for some Starship Troopers-esque bug baddies until you dropped the last sentence about the humans. That one sentence, along with how well you wrote the despair right off the bat, gave me goosebumps and made my jaw drop. It was definitely a twist I didn't see coming.

As a fan of apocalyptic or otherwise end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it stories, I'd have to say that this story was very well put together in that aspect. You really nail the despair, resentment, anger, hatred, and whatever other trope there is for this genre. Of course, with your track record for AU's, I had high hopes going into this. I believe I recall seeing that you said this was your second fic at that moment in time. If not, it certainly became your longest up to that point. Some I've previously read a fair amount of your more recent dbz fics, I'm inclined to say that you didn't just blossom into a superb writer over time, but that you've had the gift of story telling from the beginning. I believe i read something about a sequel somewhere. Hopefully it's as good as this one was, though I have no doubt that it is.
leneypoo chapter 8 . 9/6/2015
"X.S. Cash"

Hahaha, clever!
Killer Sand Shadow chapter 31 . 2/5/2013
A very interesting fic! It's well written and quite exciting! You did an excellent job. I'm torn though because many of my favorite characters are dead. :(
Anyway I'm off to see if you've written the sequel!
Killer Sand Shadow chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Okay usually I don't write reviews mid story ( especially for ones that are complete) but that ending was perfect. The shock of the last line and the reveal of who these "parasites" are was phenomenal! Definitely planning on continuing!
Jfmam chapter 31 . 9/10/2012
What can I say, talk about ending a story on a cliffhanger!

This was a great chapter and a great story. It's been really refreshing seeing familiar characters in a different setting. You've struck a nice balance between retaining central concepts from the original, while injecting an interesting new context.
It's been nice to see some good Saiyans, and interesting to see which of the usual good guys you've allowed to keep that position.

The fights in particular have been refreshing. The use of tactics and best use of techniques has been a real change from the simple 'who's more powerful' situation that developed in the original. Particularly, watching the heroes deal with many of the frankly originally overpowered villains, and for the most part, defeating them in innovative and thought-out ways, kept the fights from becoming predictable.

I know these comments are a bit late considering how long it's been since you actually wrote this story, but I felt that such a story deserved a proper comment after reading.
Jfmam chapter 26 . 9/10/2012
Good chapter, though I'm disappointed that Gohan is a Super Saiyan. That seems to be raising the power stakes too high. You've been smart about that before though, so I trust you'll do it properly.
Jfmam chapter 25 . 9/9/2012
Cool Goten learning the kamehameha.
Have to say I'm glad Cell lost.
Really enjoying this story.
ShadowSpider chapter 6 . 4/7/2012
Totally awesome story you're one of my fav authers
slinky8 chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
im crying this so sad
slinky8 chapter 31 . 12/6/2011
danng, right when they need him the most. ilove the way the events are swithed
Gefion chapter 12 . 5/22/2011
I actually cant see what other girls like about Dirty Dancing, I am willing to concede that the Soundtrack isn't too bad but other than that I'm not too sure about it.

It probably is because Dirty Dancing is a stereotypical romance, but I'm not sure because I don't really care about that kind of movie most of the time.
DBZer16 chapter 13 . 2/19/2011
I have no idea why other girls are apparently 'obsessed' with Dirty Dancing. I've sure never heard of it. Oh btw, your story is really good, but I think you need to check your spelling.
Dbzer16 chapter 10 . 2/19/2011
Not a bad story at all! You have made some grammar and spelling errors though. You also might want to try not to reuse the same descriptive words in one paragraph. Good job. :D
timisnotmyname chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
woooaah. tbh, i thought that the "parasites" were humans to begin with. but yeah, thats pretty cool.

im gonna read the rest of the story now. see you at the last chapter (or any chapters in between where i decide to review)