Reviews for Defences
Written Fire chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I absolutely loved this! Them taking on their sibling roles with each other makes me happy :)
Ulam chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I always wanted to read a story in which Miroku and Kagome refer to each other as siblings :}. Thank you.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
sweet story, the interaction between kagome and miroku was great! i can imagine that they feeling nothing more than a sibling type affection toward one another. i always thought that although an immature teen (her insecurities and kotodama usage after the first few days that inuyasha didn't kill her in her sleep proved he was not a threat) kagome has an instinctive way to soothe and comfort. in watching interaction between her and inuyasha there are the little touches, her leaning on him, spontaneous hugging, making sure he's included and supplying his favorite foods... for a touch and affection deprived, abused, neglected person these things break down barriers and are healing. surely she is the same with everyone, even miroku.

p.s. i don't know if you've ever seen the anime series but i wanted to share something wonderful! -please remove space-

youtube v/i4wdshVQiXc?version3hlen_US

if you haven't seen/read 'rurouni kenshin' maybe if you find the time, it's a great series.

_

manga: thespectrum manga_scans/rurouni_kenshin/

anime: animeseason rurouni-kenshin/

or an alternate if the above doesn't work in your area (:

anilinkz category/rorouni-kenshin/

gin
Salena Knight chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Loved it! _
Aly chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Another wonderfully written feel-good story. Miroku is so often treated as comedic relief that we forget he's constantly facing imminent death, and it would only be natural to be gloomy and self-pitying and miserable. I usually find it weird when the characters start addressing each other differently (even the popular "koibito" between Inuyasha and Kagome can sometimes feel iffy to me, so it has to be VERY convincing), but the "Onii-san" and "Imouto" (which sounds so sweet-thank you, I haven't come across this term yet) seem very naturally done here. Good job! And, the last sentence made me smile. Yes, Kagome is just that.
Lizzi chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Let me start by saying Thank You for writing such a warm story. I love Miroku and Kagome having a brother-sister relationship. I hope you write more stories like this one.
Illucida chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
This was a sweet and funny story. I could visualize all of the expressions so well! Great job! w
Silverchild of the winds chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
nice job describing the clothing. I'mwritng a fic now and having an awful time describing what a kimono looks like to a western teenager from the fifteen hundreds. Kagome's jeans have to be just as weird to her people.
Pretty P chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
-snickers- You even worked some humor into it right at the end. Very nice.
inufan-625 chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
This piece has been nominated at the Feudal Association!

Founded in 2005 by author/artist, Dark Avenger, and currently owned by authors, InuGrl and Inufan625, the Feudal Association consists of writers, artists, and enthusiasts of the InuYasha fandom. But aside from that, we are also proud to say that we are an awards guild that recognizes fan-fiction and artwork. Several times a year we nominate, vote, and hand out honors to some of the best creations in the fandom.

Our official website can be found here:

The current nominations pages are here:

(Fiction)

(Fanart)

Your story was nominated in the category Best In-character

Our Yahoo Group, where the nominations and voting occurs, can be found here: groups.

Voting is open from March 20th 2008 through April 4th 2008 (at midnight).

InuGrl & Inufan625

Owners/Administrators of the Feudal Association

*Please Note: You may receive this notice more than once if you've been nominated for several awards. They will appear as reviews on your nominated works.
Breseis25 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I love Miroku and Kagome as family! I love it! Awesome!
Totally Kawaii chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Excellent fic, and amazingly in character. Sometimes, it can be hard to really define a subtle character like Miroku before the lechery, but you've done it remarkably.
landofthekwt chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Thanks for sharing this story. Miroku puts up such an elaborate

facade that we sometimes forget that he is always facing imminent death. I loved way that Kagome was able to address his problem.

Calling him oni-san really stopped him from using the lecher facade. One simply does not do those kinds of things with one's

imouto.
Gimpyslair chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Yay! Friendship-fic! How come I didn't read your fanfictions sooner!
Jessa Martin chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
lovely interaction between Miroku and Kagome subtly showing the depth of their character