Reviews for Lelouch of Britannia
Lyra Grey chapter 29 . 7/20
Thank you, thank you for an amazing story!
I've only recently saw Code geass and immediately fell in love with it, so now I'm reading all the fanfiction I can. Your story is seriously one of the very best (but you probably already know that, since it's almost at the very top of stories for most reviews in this fandom). I should have reviewed every chapter with my impressions, but I was so caught up with the story that I didn't want to stop reading. But I know I'm going to reread it, so I'll have another chance to tell you what I think (I really hope you're still reading the reviews after all these years).
Your story is as good as the original. Nothing can be better than the original, because fanfiction wouldn't exist without it, but in my eyes, the thing you wrote here is just as worthy of being the original as the original is. You preserved just enough from the anime and added sooooooo many interesting things. It's a shame that you ended writing here, because now I'll be dying to know what happens next for enernity (but no pressure, dying from curiousity isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person).
I love how you portrayed all the characters: the ones who got lots of screen time, little screen time and OCs. Characterization is always a tricky thing in fanfiction, because changing circumstances around people can change their personalities, plus writers often loose their critical thinking and write what they want to have happened rather than what's actually believable for the characters. I think you got it ideally on all fronts: we are still reading about our favorite characters, but in knew circumstances, and they are entirely believable. Thank you for bringing out minor characters like Lloyd and Shneizel - they're amazing and really didn't get enough screen time in the anime. I love the mentor thing you have going with Shneizel and Lelouch. When I watched the anime I thought it was sad for them to be enemies, because they would have done so well together, Lelouch growing under the careful guidance of his genius sociopathic brother... My dreams came true here. :)
I also love your little introductions, whatever form they take (future history books, news, romance novels...). Somehow they set just the right atmosphere for the rest of the chapter.
The amount of small details you put in this is astonishing - I don't know if you research whatever topic you need or if you just know all these things from the start, but the little things always make a story more lively, so thank for that too.
Anyway, I should probably wrap this up, because I could go on and on praising... Isn't it amazing that we are now living in the year (2017) during which this story supposedly happened? :)
Nanome chapter 1 . 7/12
excellent story telling...it does have its lazy moments but that's balanced by superb writing. as the chapters progressed the pace has decreased considerably but I believe that might be due to the story line reaching Canon... keep writing
theweird1234 chapter 29 . 7/6
Hello. I love your story and I do hope you continue it.
Luke Dawson chapter 29 . 6/17
A wonderful story through and through sir.
almostNEET chapter 29 . 6/5
shame it ends here. well it was good till it lasted!
almostNEET chapter 26 . 6/5
oooh! i love me a brutal and unflinching Lulu. that scene is now my favorite in all the fic.
Shove him off again!
almostNEET chapter 24 . 6/5
Lelouch thinks Kallen is a saseng... no words XD
almostNEET chapter 21 . 6/5
Lloyd's dream vision was sooooo good. and how Suzaku ended up with the job. though, Cecile's beatdown was the best thing in the chapter hands down! XD
almostNEET chapter 20 . 6/5
chiaki? you know, i love NC as much as the next guy but putting him in this universe... that's just cruel!

totally agree. Milly was and is a breath of fresh air.
almostNEET chapter 19 . 6/5
time to go to Japan! wonder if we'll see Milly now?
almostNEET chapter 18 . 6/5
i actually thought Kanon was an assassin in this AU before my mind caught up with me.
almostNEET chapter 16 . 6/5
, is certainly very high.
almostNEET chapter 15 . 6/5
so this time, again, the British fucked the French... or at least some Europeans. Goodbye, Kewell, you will be sorely missed.
Loved that final scene from Jeremiah's perspective.
almostNEET chapter 14 . 6/5
don't die Kewell!
almostNEET chapter 12 . 6/5
wow, another war just started!
3,044 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »