Reviews for What's in a Name
TheKritty chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Huh. There's a place called Punkeydoodle’s Corner ? Seriously? And all these other names of towns and villages? Oh my gosh, that's just hilarious *lol*

And I must say - your little story was so funny (I really had to laugh!) but also so tragic..in a way...you know what I mean. With the deal and all. Nice flashbacks and I think you read Dean's (and also Sam's) emotions in AHBL II pretty good!

And through the whole story I thought 'I wanna know this freakin' name! What's the name of the town!' and there it was and it was so funny and kinda understandable that Dean is pissed of like that *lol*

*waves*

Kritty
masondixon chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Another good story that said so much with so little. In between the very interesting town names were constant flashes of humor, warmth and, above all, care between the two brothers. And I especially liked Sam's overall summary of Dean: "cocky yet insecure, a hardass and a teddy bear, wise beyond his years and yet, in some ways, incredibly naive." Oh yes, that's our Dean. And I'll never tire of reading your stories about him. Thank You.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
This was cute. I haven't reviewed any of your other stories yet, but I really like the ones I've read. And I'm not sure if you -want- to add a town in there, but I'm sure Dean would love the town Tillicum, in Washington. Cracks me up every time I see it, thinking about how to incorporate it into a fic somehow, maybe you can? ;)
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
That was perfect. Seriously, you had their voices down so - at the risk of repeating myself - perfectly that I could 'see' it play out in my head. I was laughing all the way through the bit with the names, and you guys have some seriously interesting towns btw, and I grinned even wider when they got onto the merits of the A-Team. I can just see Dean being a fan and taking notes :)

Then when they inadvertantly touched on the deal I suddenly went from laughing to having a lump in my throat. I understand that now it's a moot point, since we know poor Sam never did get to save him (although at least *someone* did) but I still love how determined Sam was all through S3 to do it and that came across really well here. Even though I am a Dean-girl, I love Sam too not least for how much he cares about his brother. So I always enjoy seeing that played out, even if it is only in dialogue from inside Sam's head..

The last bit was the perfect (that word again!) way to end it. Dean finally admitting to needing help, and to the only person that he ever does that with. And good old Sam, knowing not to make a big deal of it. You also touched on possibly my favourite scene ever, from AHBL2. The way Jensen played it, you truly understood that it had never occurred to Dean before that Sam would feel that way about him too..

I had too many favourite bits to count, but these two were up there at the top:

The cocky smile had faded as his eyes met Sam’s. He sighed. “Look Sam, I did what I had to. It’s that simple. All I need now is to take out as many of these demonic sons of bitches as I can. Make the world a bit safer so you can live the life you’ve always wanted."

“The life I want is one with you in it,” Sam replied quietly.

Because it is SO true and sums them up completely.

And this one:

As he settled behind the wheel and closed the door after him, Sam glanced over at his brother. Dean’s eyes were closed, his head tilted sideways facing Sam and his chest rising and falling slowly as he drew in even, relaxed breaths. Sam thought he was asleep until a grumpy voice told him otherwise. “The sooner you get both your ass and my car in gear Sam, the sooner we both get a real bed for the night.”

Because it was just such a Dean moment!

I have no idea why I've never come across you before, I really can't understand it, but I am most glad to have finally come late to your party! And so I don't miss any new stuff (although I have the rest to get through, which I'm very excited about) I am going to tick all those little boxes underneath this!

Great job, really. I thoroughly enjoyed that and it brightened my day :)
CB Walters chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I loved this story! I thought you had the characterization spot on. I can definitely imagine Dean getting very grumpy with a headache. :) And I loved how you combined the humor of their conversation with the angst Sam is feeling about his brother's deal. It was very real and very fluid. Really well done.

-CB
Benigma chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Hey! Had to check out some of your other stuff, and again, I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief that something this good is available for free on the internet!

It's just awesome. You have the boys more in character than the show sometimes does.

Those place names are just hilarious; what a fantastic notion to build a story around! I'm not going to even try picking out my favourite parts, the whole story from start to finish is my favourite part!

You are a seriously gifted writer. I plan to read all your stories eventually, so if review alerts start popping up for them, it could just well be me!

THANK YOU for sharing your talent. You picked the best TV series ever to showcase it!

Take care!

Wendy :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Very cute. Great banter, boys seemed very in character. I also loved reading about the funny place names. Is the website Sam got them all from real?

Loved this description of Dean: "He was a walking, talking contradiction; cocky yet insecure, a hardass and a teddy bear, wise beyond his years and yet, in some ways, incredibly naïve." Too true. I think that is why we all love him so much. He's such an interesting mix of toughness and vulnerability.

Nicely done! This is the first story of yours I've read, but I'll definitely check out others.
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
le sigh...

Punkeydoodle? Really? really really?

There are words to describe this fic: Poignant. Touching. Funny. Damn Hilarious (two words I know but hey) Depressing.

You had me 'Oh Sam'-ing and usually I am all 'Oh Dean'-ing all over the place (and there were a few) but really this was an 'Oh Sam' fic and a 'i just wanna smish him' fic.

Most poignant, touching, depressing town name: Hell-for-Certain.

le sigh.
parisindy chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
LMAO! hehe i live nearish to 'Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump'

cool story...
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Great story. Characters were spot on and the dialogue was fantastic. :D

Ah America, home of the weird name places. I remember driving through Gnaw Bone, Indiana (pronounced Ger-Ner-Ber-Nee or something insane like that) and Bland, Virginia which totally lived up to its name XD Ooh, and I went to Kill Devil Hills when I was still living in North Carolina and totally thought of SPN.

Keep on writing!

GN
funkyhigh chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Cool fic! damn they are some weird names the strangest place name in New Zealand is , it's 2nd longest in the world, it translates (from Maori) to ‘The hilltop where Tamatea with big knees, conqueror of mountains, eater of land, traveller over land and sea, played his koauau (flute) to his beloved.’ Beloved being his brother who died in battle. there, some random info for ya, and again, great fic!
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
OmG You gotta be kidding me! Those names can't be real! Okay then, I believe you - but hell that cracked me up! If I don't review your next chapter in "Bridging..." it might very well be due to my trying to find such awesome city names on German maps!

However, this story didn't only make me laugh (although I laughed a lot!), it also had some of those great Winchester-brother-moments that catch your breath because there's so much in what they say. It's like that in the show, and so it is in your stories. You're really great at showing the different characters how they really are, both in how they act and in what they say, and my favorite part was Dean's characterization in the end: "He was a walking, talking contradiction; cocky yet insecure, a hardass and a teddy bear, wise beyond his years and yet, in some ways, incredibly naïve." What's to add?

Gonna head off to your other story after I've tidied up that mess that's supposed to be my room *lol* (And here's the hidden honour: I haven't watched "Dream a little dream of me" yet, but I'll do that in the evening and read your story first! :) )

Have a nice day!
Sierra Nichole chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
As a Pennsylvania girl, I feel I must add the towns of Blue Balls and Virginville to the list! I laughed aloud at Dean's "Paradise via Intercourse", hilarious.

Very nice little story here, I'm a big Hurt!Dean fan, and I loved the humor of it all, it felt very natural, not at all forced.

Sierra
murrayAteam chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
ha ha ha that was so good. you write amazingly!

i liked how you used real places too... ive been to head smashed in buffalo jump...
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
This was hilarious! I loved it!
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »