Reviews for Betty Cooper: This Is Who I Am
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
You know why Archie Comics is terrible since the 2nd millenium ended? Because of all the characters (especially Kevin Keller), Betty Cooper has yellow hair and has arch-rivalries with Veronica Lodge and Cheryl Blossom, it overdoses on teen stereotypes, Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man are on Archie Comics instead of Nintendo franchises, Naughty Dog franchises, Kingdom Hearts, Pac-Man and etc...
Josie & the Pussycats is a disgrace to the universe. And why does Melody play the drums?! Archie Comics is just so sexist and has many crossovers done wrong!
lejeuparfait chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Recently looked into the Archie comics again, and decided to look into fanfiction...This story is extremely simple: obviously the content isn't, but the wording is, which makes it hard for me to enjoy it. The fact that there are quick resolutions and not much closure didn't help either. I understand that you tried to keep it in comic format, but that may have been a mistake, especially with the darkness of it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Poor betty
ByeAccount chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Well...

My only criticism is that Archie, notably, seems OOC. It's fascinating to read him in the light you illustrate him as (extremely antagonistic), but... it is hard to imagine ol' Archie as such a terrible, out of control baddie. Reggie, perhaps. Archie? Manipulative at worst.

But, that said, you do write very well, and I like your style.
Shire cat chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I hate to be the annoying person who criticizes format but the story would be a lot more effective(and easier to read) if the dialouge was separated into lines and not in the paragraphs(the the story into chapters).

Good story overall, the straight-forwardness of the description made the story 'visual' and fast-moving(like the comic) even though it compromised the emotion a little(like Archie's death or in potential contribution to the overall theme of crisis yielding self-realization). A lot of fanfictioners on here seems to have a thing for Archie going off the deep end and attacking people :-P
shell of a human chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
The ending of your story brings a sense of fulfillment. I don't know quite how to explain it. I like how it goes full circle, starting with the first edition of her essay, where she was plain and girl-next-door and ending with the final edition of her essay, where she is a person.
amethyst chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
i love this story. i think u deserve an a.
Lzsmith8 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Coulda put it into chapters...

not that it matters still really good!

Yeay for killing off Archikins! lol

nice angsty story
HoneyGoddess57 chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
That was awsome.
Moofie Lou chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
wow! that was truly amazing! wonderful. very 've added something that does, unfortunatly, happen alot. (abuse, killing) once again, bravo. this story truly is a work of art.
hernoor chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
I love the story, even though the characters are so different..
fudgeandbrownies chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
that was really nice... my favourite story on ffnet ever! but betty's and archie's parents were totally OOC... i'm sure they're really more understanding, especially Betty's mom.
Alwina chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
wow! great story! i loved it!
Autobot Sapphire chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
This is definitely one of your better stories, Mark. :-) I enjoyed it and I've never read Archie.
tintedrose chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
that was really good. i kno you probly dont hate archie but it worked well to develop bettys character in this. but man i hate archie so much. i luv betty and reggie tho