Reviews for Flight
KiraLocket96 chapter 14 . 4/9
Awesome story! XD love the little moments Remy and Rogue spend together stealing shoes and sleeping together in the tent. Awww, so cute!
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 14 . 4/4
So I almost shut this down but decided to check for sequels.

Oh...I think I'm about to be very happy.
Me Voila chapter 14 . 2/4
So glad I found this story! Such a pleasant surprise...all these characters - even the ones that only get a brief showing - are multi-dimensional (and IC!). Only thing is, I don't see Gambit opening up so easily about Julien. From what I know about him, he would only admit to this kind of thing after it'd been leaked by someone else and he couldn't avoid owning up...I don't think he'd let himself be vulnerable just to unburden himself or bond with a friend (but you've really hit the mark with his arrogance, sense of humour, pragmatisim, and a hint of soulfoulness). I love that your Rogue is brazen, resilient, compassionate, and fairly secure with her powers - despite being dealt a pretty rough hand. I liked the plot, too, it was a good mix of action and character interactions. Really enjoyable.
Ikurus chapter 14 . 11/23/2012
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
IrisAyame chapter 14 . 11/17/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story. I only regret to have read your "Fly Away Home" before this one (I'd understood the shoe story instead of wondering what I'd missed), but we can't change the past, do we?
Hop! I'm on my way to read "Allons Voler". I think I'll understand the password Rogue gave Mystique in "Fly Away Home" in this one.
IrisAyame chapter 13 . 11/17/2012
"Dude" is "gars" in French. I know, we don't pronounce the "s", but it's there when we write it... Again, that's a deliberate cultural thing to bother learners.

"à la fin" Here, "à" is the equivalent to "at", so it is ornated with an accent in order to make it prettier. If you're writing the old-boring "a" without an hairpin (accent), it's the verb "avoir" (to have).
Again... a rule that exists only to justify the French grammar teachers salary...
In truth, it helps understanding the meaning of some sentences.
For example :
"La ville de Nantes a 500 ans" and "La ville de Nantes à 500 ans" are two sentences almost alike : the only tiny difference is the accent above the "a". But the meaning is waaaaay different :
The first one means : "The City of Nantes is 500 years old" (which is not true, it's at least 4000 years old).
The second one means : "The description of the City of Nantes when it was 500 years old".
Twisty'n tricky, isn't it?
IrisAyame chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Yes, I do want to know how the Gambit VS Scott meeting turned. But, fortunately, I'm reading this after you updated, so, I don't have to wait! Sometimes, being late and last is better than being first!
But, I'd be uspet if you have Gambit to steal La victoire de Samothrace, it's in the Louvre and quite pretty, so, let it stay there where I can see it!
IrisAyame chapter 10 . 11/17/2012
"ROGUE!" he roared, with a voice that could be heard over a Danger Room-ful of out-of-control teenage mutants. "Put your own face on RIGHT NOW and tell me what in heck you think you're doing!"
What should I say about this one? In French, I'd say "Quelle merveilleuse trouvaille!" "Super idée!" "D'enfer, j'adore!" "What a wonderful finding" "Great idea / Super idea" "From Hell, I love it" ("from hell" is positive, in French. Something like "super-mega-hyper-wonderful)(that's maybe because we're not really into believing that hell exists. The Pope said it doesn't, after all).
IrisAyame chapter 9 . 11/17/2012
Nest-ce pas? Selon la loi, il n'y a rien que tu peut faire pour m'arreter."
Il n'y a rien que tu puisses faire pour m'arrêter. The subjonctive form is adequate here. If you want to use the present, you have to change the verb's ending : "Que tu peux faire", with 'tu' the verb never ends with a "t". Yes, I know, French conjugaison is a nightmare... even for French people.

"Et tu saurais tout au sujet de la loi, mec."
Tous us all / everyone
Tout everything
both words sounds the same when spoken : we don't pronounce the last letters, we only say "tou". That's obviously a way of ennoying foreigners who want to learn French...

I knew their bonding time was over!
Do tell, dear author, do I get negative karma points if I dislike Mystique?
IrisAyame chapter 8 . 11/17/2012
I bet some Logan will stop their time together. That's too good to last!
IrisAyame chapter 7 . 11/17/2012
You know what? I live in Nantes! We don't sing this song really often now, but, as I know it, it's not a slow song. I bet there are severeal versions of it, it's an old song, after all.
IrisAyame chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
"Moi n'en plus," "Moi non plus".
"N'en" is used in some expressions like "Je n'en peux plus" (I'm too tired of this, I can't do this anymore).
"N'en" means here "of this".
"Non plus" is "neither".
N'en et Non sound quite the same (especially when you're talking when you have caught a cold!), the mistake is easy! ;-)
IrisAyame chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
I saw them touching the tip of their fingers so clearly, that was as if I wasn't reading! I like it when I'm forgetting the lines and "loose" myself in the story!
Thanks so much for providing this! :D I'm also strangely craving for chicken!
IrisAyame chapter 4 . 11/17/2012
Viens alors: So come on already. I'd say that's more "come on, then"
You can also say "viens vite" or "viens donc"

"Sacré" without anything after it is not really used in France's French. I believe that's more used in Quebec (Canada).
In France, you can say "Sacré Alexandre", which implies that Alexandre is doing something funny or incredible or something that's typical from him.
You can also say "sacré ordinateur, ça ne marche jamais correctement" (ordinateur computer), usually when slighlty or highly upset, which means that the computer's causing troubles or working not so well. Here, "sacré" means "f**king" and absolutely not "holy"! "Fudgin' computer, it never works correctly".
IrisAyame chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
I just love how you're describing Logan's place in the student's (via Kitty's feelings) hearts.

Technically, "chérie" should be written with an accent (é), just like chère has one (è).
Chérie means well loved but also well taken care of. This word is linked to the verb "chérir" that means "seeing something as precious and taking extra care of it". That's a more usual thing to say to a woman than "chère". Usually, one says "ma chère" (MY dear) instead of "chère" all alone (dear). Chérie can be translated into "darling".
But, you're right, "chère" fits Gambit's language... the expensive and high priced thing and all...