Reviews for Sleeping Dragons
Foreign Language chapter 23 . 1/27/2012
Hui, an epiloge :-).

Nice finish to the story, thank you for that.
laventadorn chapter 23 . 1/3/2012
CANNOT EXPRESS LOVE, NEED MORE CAPS

I missed this update somehow! This'll teach me to forget to put something on alert! All these months when I could have had the bliss of having read this, and I only get to it now. Well, it was worth it. Hilarious epilogue, and wonderful. I've forgotten a lot of stuff, or I'd leave you a more detailed review about everything I loved. I know I really admired your plot here, because it flowed so effortlessly throughout. Plots, especially mysteries, make me want to bang my head on solid wood objects when I try to write them myself, so I take my hat off to you.

I also remember loving your Eileen. She was totally believable as Severus' mother - as in, she would have contributed a lot to his character, and you let us see how - and wonderfully original. I think one of my favorite lines was where Moody told her he'd have married her if she wasn't already married. There was something roughly sweet about that.

In short, ALLCAPSLOVE for this story. Yay! :D
Nelo chapter 23 . 10/20/2011
Snape twinkled. Definitely a Dumbledore. Wonder what he would have been like if he were raised by dumbles?
risi chapter 23 . 8/28/2011
Oh my, it has been a bit of time hasn't it? But, I could never forget this story, I've enjoyed it and so many of your others far too much. Loved the epilogue and can't help but think there's a funny story on the campaign trail that leads to the Ministry. Anyway, I hope that this has put a good chip into the writing block, may it fall into teeny tiny bits if it hasn't already. Loved loved loved the last line and the twinkle in Snape's eye.
The Winterwitch chapter 23 . 8/28/2011
Yay, an epilogue! Well done! I'm really missing your stories, you know. You don't happen to have something up your sleeve? ;o)
tkmutant chapter 23 . 8/28/2011
I didn't know this story was still going on...But it was a good story non the less... great end..
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 22 . 7/15/2011
Well written, and at long last I have finished reading it! This calls for a celebration. ;)
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 14 . 7/13/2011
D'aaaawwwwww!

I'm just now catching up to this fic; been busy for a while. :) A doting Toby is a nice thing to witness and rarely seen...
oregonbird chapter 18 . 12/25/2010
He is *so* lying to her! One thing I sorta enjoy about your work? The soap opera quality. It's not in every story, but in a couple, yes. And this story, Snape's Nightie, is soap opera all the way. In a good way.
tkmutant chapter 22 . 5/13/2010
I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WHERE TWO NEW CHAPTERS! *Mouth hangs open* and they where soooooooooooo good...
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 5/10/2010
What a lovely and happy reunion.

Even Eileen, though, knows better than to ask for help from Albus Dumbledore-even if he believed Eileen, which I somehow doubt, he'd find a way to enslave Eileen as a spy, endanger her life, and somehow hold Sev hostage. I have faith in him.

Although if Eileen has any ability with potions whatsoever, why on earth is Tobias still alive?

Neat chapter!
SeparatriX chapter 22 . 5/7/2010
I suppose the story can stand on it's ow, but I do hope you have plans to continue. It's quite lovely.
laventadorn chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I've read this fic twice now, as well as most of your others, and I'm sorry this is the first review I've submitted! I know how precious feedback is. So I wanted to let you know, that I think your fics are brilliant. I never really gave SSLM a thought before I read yours, but I love the way you render them, as more complex than simply nasty while still retaining a lot of the nastiness that draws us sympathizers to them. I particularly love how they're in love, and despite having been evil bastards, are really kind of sweet together. For this fic in particular, I thought the pacing of the plot was amazing, and so well organized, and the way you kept us guessing without toying with us was brilliant. There were also parts where I was rolling around in my chair laughing, and I'm sorry I don't remember where they were! I do remember that I thought the part where Narcissa is visiting the graves of Bellatrix's children was particularly touching. I appreciated that attempt at creating complexity for a character that really isn't given any, in canon; and I especially appreciated the powerful straightforwardness of that particular loss.

But really, before I go I have to compliment you again on the plot, because it was just so well done! I find plot really hard myself, and I see a lot of writers (both published and internet) who are too coy or too heavy-handed, too predictable or aggravating. This was straightforward and yet cleverly done. The way the audience knew more than the characters, but still had a mystery to solve themselves, was a really great trick! :D

Now I am off to re-read the fic where Severus tricks Lupin into fathering his child. Maybe it was the Secret Weapon that had me rolling around in my chair... I love the Secret Weapon!
zzsts chapter 16 . 2/8/2010
After reading your Oneshot Going Straight some months ago I was really happy when I found you had written a sequel! I really like the SS/LM pairing, and I am always happy to find fanfics about them. I like long fanfics which take their time, giving insight into the characters and having a plot that takes many turns. It has been a long time since I read such a story about this certain pairing, so I really enjoyed reading yours.

I actually had to laugh out loud a few times, for example when Lucius screamed "shark!" while sleeping, and when he looked at Severus christmas photo and said they had better booked a room in that hotel, especially at christmas time... So funny! I also liked your main plot, about searching Severus real father - They all had someone else in mind, but thought they were talking about the same man. And this missunderstanding about the necklace, Lucius believing it to be an engagement ring. Poor Lucius, in the restaurant! I also liked the idea of Lucius becoming an interior designer and Hermione being the manager of a rockband! Youre really creative with your ideas. All those little details, they make the story so interesting!

And I really love the way you brought Severus Mother into the story. Those parts about 1958, as closer as Severus and the others get to the truth about the real father, the more the story about Eileen progresses, giving the background information about what is found out in the present. Really amazing, the way you combined the two storylines with another. I like Eileen in your story. I never thought real much about her, there isnt much information about her in the books. I like the parts with Abraxas in it very much, and all those information about the family trees.

I could go on like this forever. Your story is amazing, and has really captured me. I hope you update very soon, and I hope there are a lot more chapters to follow, although the plot about Severus father is finished now. Id like to know more about Draco, why he is so calm, and about his private life. I also want to know if Severus and Lucius are going to marry eventually, and if Lucius will be fully accepted into society again. Oh, and I havent forgotten about the part about Eileen being the mother of a future minister of magic! ;-)

Youre a very very very good writer! Keep up with the good work!
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 12/26/2009
As usual, Dumbledore has no good explanation for leaving Snape to rot-both at Spinner's End or at Hogwarts. Well, doing so certainly worked out well for Albus, didn't it? Everything always worked out so well for Dumbledore, it was the rest of the world that had to suffer instead.

But the old Headmaster gets off lightly as ever-nothing new _there_. He never had to care about other people except as pawns in his plans, and still doesn't, not really. His portrait is a little bit embarrassed at being caught out, but that's all I can see. And, of course, no actual consequences, since he himself is safely dead. (most afterlife stories show Dumbles at the right hand of God, if not His chosen spokesman anyway).

Now Snape is really free to do whatever he wants without even thinking of what Albus might feel about it.