Reviews for Life and Death in the Cereal Aisle
Fullmetal Knight chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Just like Arthur Mitchell and all of Dexter's victims, Dean Winchester has gotten a good look at what could be true evil. Not a demon. Not a werewolf. Not a vampire. Not even the Devil. But a human being devoid of emotion.

Simply amazing.
Mocca Loca chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Huh. Creepy and sad and also kinda funny. I wish Harry and John had had the chance to have a longer/more dramatic standoff, but what you wrote was perfect. I liked the contrast between the two sets of siblings, and how even though Dean and Dexter are really on the opposite end of the spectrum, there's a tiny bit of similarity between them, too.
Cheeky Liar chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
awesome
Seraph05 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
this is a really good fic! i love how dean just instinctively knows and john is all protective. so fascinating. the 'growing up' story lines are very much alike but opposite you know? dean and sam where raised to fight monsters and evil dexter was raised to fight monsters even though he kind of is one himself.
Daeva02 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Really interesting and well-written fic. I liked to see the 2 different father-son(s) combo, especially as they're all hunters of some kind, but they just don't have the same prey. The characters were very well depicted, and you kept the exact Dexter tone. (Just one little thing: I would have written the story using the first person, having it narrated by Dexter, as they do in the books and the show.)

Dean has his perfect older brother attitude towards Sammy, and John, just as Harry, was exactly the way you expect a not-so-normal father to not-so-normal kids to be. The way you managed to develop so many aspects in such a short story is plain amazing!

One last thing: I absolutely loved the title of your fic!
Brea45 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Very interesting. The characters all seem very much themselves.

There was a little mistake I found.

other than their lives and their jobs when they are have time off."

Should be

other than their lives and their jobs when they have time off."

But other than that It was very well done :D
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
This was totally awsome. Can you write a continuation? Have them meet up when they're older. Dexter wouild be better practiced at hiding. Dean would be not so innocent, more able to understand the killer in Dexter, but likely they'd still recognize each other on sight... o chills... lol
Marz1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
good one! wish it was longer!
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Liked the fic
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
First: Awesome title. There aren't any words in the English language to describe how awesome.

Second: Very interesting concept. Especially Dean seeing 'just what isn't there'.
spnMom chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Cool interaction. I never would have thought of this pairing. Good job, thanks!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Wow, that was really interesting. Loved the interactopn between Dexter and Dean. It was perfectly laid out. Awesome, awesome job on this OneShot crossover.
STupIdWiNsAGaIn chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Dexter killed Dean! Haha, maybe not. That was pretty good, but it wasn't very clear in some places... or maybe that was just my twisted mind... dunno. Anyway, good job with the sociopathic part.
Hazgarn chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I've thought about the potential of this particular crossing more than once, but haven't gotten around to actually trying it. I thought you did a great job of showing how much can be done with extreme personalities within the space of a rather short story.
silver ruffian chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Whoa, you packed a heck of a lot of detail into such a beautiful short story! Dean saw what Dexter really is, and stopped dead in his tracks while shielding Sammy with his body. I loved this!

Also liked the way you described John ("Beard and denim") and the way you had Dexter notice that John was scoping Dexter out too, trying to decide whether he was worth hunting or not. This was excellent!