Reviews for The Dark Overlord
BiancaBernhard chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
This is good, As much as I enjoy your other story with the soft hearted Myotismon and his growing affection towards Angemon and vise versa. I am a sucker for his darker side.

I can't wait to see how things are with Myotismon and Angemon in this story. Please continue it soon
Acadis-Vulgaris chapter 8 . 6/20/2011
Long review is long!

This is one of my all-time favourite Digimon stories, and it was honestly one of the reasons why I was inspired to go back into writing fan fiction. It's a brilliant portrayal of Vamdemon, and few stories explore his more violent tactician side and focus only on his pride and aristocracy, as one of the other reviewers put it. Behind his dignified appearance he always seemed to have that insatiable lust for bloodshed and power, and it's great to see that side of him explored.

I don't see many stories in which the narrative is tied in so flawlessly with the events of Adventure and manages to keep everyone in-character. I especially liked how Vamdemon equated humans to cattle; he would indeed see them as primitive and expendable, and the only ones he would dislike would be the Chosen Children.

The execution of the storytelling is very eloquently and intelligently written, and I can tell a lot of planning went into these chapters. It's a shame you stopped writing; I'm curious to see where this would have gone regarding Tailmon and Wizarmon stealing the crest (and the boy's role alongside the two?), his work at the TV station and convention centre, and of course the ending. :) It's very descriptive, and actions do speak louder than words! Your writing has an amazing grasp at subtlety and telling the readers just enough without holding their hands.

There were two scenes that stood out for me the most (and are the most quintessential of the strengths of your storytelling). The first was when Hawking was consumed by MegaSeadramon in the eighth chapter- the subtlety in your descriptions like "a red ridged sky" and "sharp white rocks" really places the reader in Hawking's place, and the reader, like her, takes a moment to realise exactly what is happening. It also stood out because it was different from the other executions (Vamdemon killing his victims and consuming their blood), Vamdemon ought to take some more creative approaches to doing in his victims like that!

The other was when Vamdemon confronted Jyou in the seventh chapter; "Humor me, then. Have it evolve. Destroying your home and the inhabitants around you in an impossible fight would make perfect my night." I really could place myself in Jyou's position, trapped between a rock and a hard place, risking the lives of the people around me lest Vamdemon still remain at large. I also found your interpretation of his weakness to sunlight very intriguing, and how much energy he needs to consume to simply keep himself alive. I always saw him as someone who needed a constant supply of energy to sustain his healing and attack powers, as well as the ability to shield himself from nature and other attacks against him.

I do agree that it takes some time for the plot to get going, and it does raise a few questions such as how the Chosen are going to handle this, how human law enforcement is going to get involved (as hinted in chapter 8), and whether or not that means Vamdemon needs to change his own plans. I'd also like to see more of Wizarmon, Tailmon, and PicoDevimon, since they are the most significant components in the Vamdemon arc. I'd also like to see more creative executions of the humans (as morbid as I sound here :P) like how Hawking was consumed by MegaSeadramon.

Overall this is very, very, VERY brilliantly written and will be one of my favourite Vamdemon stories of all time. It was so unbelievably flattering to discover that an author of such high skill had favourited my old account (in spite of a five-year hiatus...), and your work initially inspired me to get back into writing. Thank you for sharing this brilliant piece of work with the world! Sorry for such a long comment but I had to say something after lurking in the shadows for a bit. I'll have to comment on your other works as well!

-Petsy/Athena
Captain Harlequin chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
LOL Kso. Big review.

I was looking for inspiration for a story I'm writing and saw four words that described this story - I get lured in by stuff like that LMAO I normally hate gory stuff, it makes me feel all awkward - but this got me interested. Write more please.
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Well, It was ok... IDK if I want to read the rest if you publish it... But if you do I will try.
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 7 . 8/30/2010
Poor Jyoe...
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 5 . 8/30/2010
0.o Wow... Nice writing... but i don't know if I can take too much more...
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Oh my... This certainly is the most grusome Fanfic I have ever read.
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 3 . 8/30/2010
Wow... I never imagined him THIS evil... Good going!
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 2 . 8/30/2010
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! haha! XD Nice! You are really good!
RadioactivePenguins16.5 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Nice!
Ignika chapter 8 . 1/21/2010
Awesome!

Vamdemon was one of my favorite villians from adventure, but dang, your version is much better.

looking forward to seeing more in the future :)
DeathJackal chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
This is the best story i have ever read with Myotismon/Vamdemon. keep up the good work )
BlackLily13 chapter 8 . 10/31/2008
Wow. I forgot for a minute that you were updating today. At least I had time to read it.

Awesome chapter, and the executions of both women, the questions... damn. Now I see why you wanted to wait!

BL13 out!
ToxicSugarNinja chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
O_O Vamdemon scares me... He's so... evil in this as opposed to the stories where his pride and aristocracy sort of overshadow his resourcefulness. It's scary, but it's a nice change. Regardless, I love your stories and I hope you keep wrtiting them. _
Evenstar606 chapter 7 . 10/9/2008
Ah, this was the attack scene you were telling me about...

Well, I must say, it was fantastic! I liked that you chose Jyou, and how Vamdemon was using his father to heal his slave.

Wonderful job on the attack details!