Reviews for Where the Eyes Open
MissAX chapter 7 . 2/18/2011
update?
Darth KenObi-Wan chapter 7 . 9/12/2008
/blinks/ I know you! :D

Um, yeah. I have nothing to say that I haven't already done so on J.n. :)
KiwiClover chapter 7 . 9/11/2008
Wow. Just...wow. I'm so pleased to have stumbled across this story. You're weaving a fantastic universe (or two, lol) with your words, and the way the story is unfolding has left me completely fascinated. You have such a vivid, descriptive, and (if this makes any sense at all) economic writing style. That is, you say just enough to pull the reader into your story, to entirely engage the reader's senses, without getting bogged down by extraneous information. You leave some mystery in your story (ok, so a LOT of mystery!) and I love that you are allowing the story to unveil itself, rather than "giving it all away" in a note. :)

Thanks for a delightful read so far! I'm SO looking forward to any and all updates...as well as (I confess) any further hints of Qui-gon. ;)
PurpleKyu chapter 6 . 6/12/2008
I'm still here! And this story is still good! Thank goodness xD

Slow updates are fine as long as you PROMISE NOT TO ABANDON THE STORY. ] Thank you very much for this chapter!

Kyu
phantom-jedi1 chapter 6 . 6/12/2008
I think I have this figured out: Obi-Wan has been swapped with his dark doppleganger from an alternate dimension, and now has to survive\find his way back while his doppleganger wreaks havoc in the canon universe. Am I correct?

I honestly don't mind the confusion: it makes me think and try to unravel the threads of this tale, which is far more interesting than having it all laid out neatly. :)

Phantom Jedi
Girlbender875 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Man, you've got me completely confused as to who's hiding and what's going on, but I'll mull it over; it is really late at night and I'm reading this, so that might have to do with it. Make sure to update soon and explain more! An excellent story so far, great grammar and word usage. I flipped out when I read "Sith Master" for Qui-Gon; I was going "Oh GOSH! He's a SITH?" I almost thought Anakin would be a Sith too. Haha, I'm getting too canon now. Well, anyway, great story; please update soon!

-Girlbender
phantom-jedi1 chapter 5 . 4/17/2008
Interesting. This seems almost a mirror-inverse universe, where the Jedi are hunted and the Sith ruling with an iron fist.

Very interesting.

Phantom Jedi
Anakin T Skywalker chapter 4 . 2/26/2008
I am thoroughly mystified, intrigued, and excited to find out what in the galaxy is going on! Your writing style is very refined - colorful and sophisticated! Keep up the good work!
PurpleKyu chapter 4 . 2/26/2008
I can't believe you only have five reviews. -_- This is a wonderfully written story with a lot of suspense! I'm a bit confused as to where the divide is between AU and canon!AU-ish, but I'm pretty sure you want it like that? I really cannot wait until the next chapter. Keep up the good work!
Othalan chapter 4 . 2/26/2008
Very well written, but I'm not sure I get it. Is Obi-wan in a different universe than Anakin? If so, was the fugitive his "dark" counterpart from the Sith-dominated universe? Please help me out here, 'cause I'm a little lost.
Laetitia du Chatelet chapter 4 . 2/26/2008
Nice, but I am still somewhat confused.
Wuff chapter 2 . 10/21/2007
Thanks for the update!

I really liked the part with Anakin and the youngling underwater. It was very well written - I could see everything happening. But... shouldn't he have done mouth-to-nose respiration? I just did a first aid course, that's why I'm commenting on it ;-)

The description of the Emperess' room with all the ...-proof walls was very humorous. Just one little thing I noticed: When you described the handmaidens' appearances, you suddenly mentioned "Mordine" - earlier you only mentioned a handmaiden called "Madine". I guess it's a typo?

So Padmé is on the bad (?) side, too. I wonder what she writes in her diaries...
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
*waves*

Excellent opening. Almost canonless descriptions like that solidify the canon world you're writing in, whatever it is. Your writing is almost flawless as far as I can see, and I really liked the uniqueness of the ballgame scene and the clifhanger with Anakin. I do have critiques: in "Eventually the boy would learn, and become more than Young, his apprentice." I'm unsure as to why "Young" is capitalized and the sentence structure sortof makes it sound like Tanon is "Young" instead of "his apprentice", when he oviously is an apprentice. I'd also like physical descriptions of the Sith Temple and, although this may sound funny, Qui-Gon's clothing, because I was picturing him in Jedi robes as he always was in the movie.
Wuff chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
I can't believe I'm the only reviewer so far... I guess people just haven't found your story yet. It's really good, has an interesting concept, and it's easy to read (meaning it flows well, correct grammar, punctuation etc.).

When you suddenly mentioned at the end of a paragraph that Qui-Gon was a SITH Master, I almost fell off my chair ;-) This is going to be exciting! And Anakin the Jedi. Hm, can't wait for them to meet each other.

Update soon and Mtfbwy.