Reviews for A Mask and a Song
drunkambrose chapter 9 . 7/27/2009
Wow. So this is taking place while Martin and Rassk are fighting, or what?
drunkambrose chapter 8 . 7/27/2009
This one is better than the other chapters I have read so far. I love when the sword duals are described in detail, as I am a fencer myself, (not with real swords, of course, but a blunt ended foil to the chest can still hurt) and can imagine what it is like to be in a position like that. So many fanfictions just rush through the combat, just making me wonder "what happened?"
drunkambrose chapter 4 . 7/26/2009
Wow. This is the best chapter so far. This was frikkin' amazing. I think if this situation arose to Martin, he would react in the same exact way. And it's not just pointless romance/angst, either.
drunkambrose chapter 2 . 7/26/2009
A short chapter, but a well written one, nonetheless. I assume the sheild is for something greater that blocking Martin from a barrage of scones?
drunkambrose chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wow. I can already tell that Rassk is my favorite villain of any redwall fanfiction. But how does he have a name if he is from a tribe that could never speak or were forbidden to?
Greenwoodswierdo chapter 14 . 7/13/2009
How in the world could a HEAD injury stop someone from having kids? Other than that, I think it was a nice and fluff-filled chapter.
xsonyourhands chapter 14 . 4/27/2009
OMG, this is one of the best FFs I've ever read!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
Martins tears made me cry to. It's a good writer that can play with their audiences emotions. Keep it up.
Lord Vrel chapter 14 . 4/14/2009
Good grammar, Awesomful storyline, but it moved along a bit to quick for me. Rassk is now one of my favorite villains, he is quite unique. I do have a few questions: How would a head injury affect Rose so that she couldn't have children? What does "Flurem woo-es" mean? And who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop? Okay, sorry, that last one was really cliche.

Lokking forward to reading the sequel!
Hera Ledro chapter 14 . 2/21/2009
Alright, just because this is an epic story, I'll ignore typos and the like (sparse as they were; awesome job!).

This is a very original story, one which I am very glad I laid eye on (...my writer's block is particularly nasty today; please forgive that wretched phrase). The original characters (esp. Rassk) are very well-done, yet you capture what I feel is the true essence of Brian Jacques lessons: becoming a warrior.

However, in this and Winter's Flowers (which I shall review later), you illustrate the idea of warrior in a different, less bloody light than Jacques, and I think you hit quite a good method of doing so. Being a warrior is standing up for what you believe in (impo), no matter the cost to yourself. However, this doesn't always involve violence: you paint the idea of a warrior in the light of love, something which is unfortunately overlooked most of the time. Love is often more powerful than a sword, and many writers fail to recognize that. I love how you've taken such a wonderful thing and made it to define the warrior, whether you did so intentionally or not.

I also want to address the notion of the unoriginal characters here, such as Martin, Gonff, and Columbine. Top hole writing all around, I'd say; you did a spiffing job of staying in-character, while adding a bit of your own flair in their dialogue and speech. It was a little disappointing how Jacques allowed his characters to flit from one emotion to the next with little stimulus. You remedy that error quite well; the only exception is Gonff, and it's his nature to flit from one emotion to another like he does.

A perfect ten, without a doubt. Naturally, there are some silly typos around (in Winter's Flowers, for example, you use the word 'rappeled'; it's REPELLED), but the story is so good that it goes beyond balancing them out.

So great job mate! Look for my equally shining review on Winter's Flowers, since I LOVE that one!

Sincerely,

Jon
gone1234567890 chapter 2 . 12/21/2008
Interesting. I'll want to read more when you post it. I really like how you wrote it in true Brian Jacques fashion. This will be fun to read.

willowgrace
Immortal Longings chapter 14 . 11/7/2008
*Whoops*

That, I do believe was the best Rose-didn't-die story I've ever read! As promised, I've read it, and I'm saving Winter's Flowers for a treat after I get the next chapter in my Mattimeo story done with.

The whole story was very lively, and I was smiling the whole way through. Well done. I hope that Winter's Flowers is even half as good!

-Immortal Longings-
Foeseeker chapter 14 . 9/16/2008
Wow! are you Brian Jacques in disguise or something? This was increddible!
elecktrum chapter 14 . 7/26/2008
Oh, goody! A kidnapping! Plunging into the next adventure is the perfect way to wrap up this story. Bravo Zulu!
elecktrum chapter 13 . 7/26/2008
Lovely poem, but what's with the ending? A bit of foreshadowing, mayhap? (I hope!) And what on earth is Flurem Woo-es?
155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »