Reviews for A Mask and a Song
elecktrum chapter 11 . 7/26/2008
Ha! I was right! I expected Rose, and the way you presented her survival was not unreasonable. While their reunion was sugary, it was well within in character (my only complaint being Rose uttering 'Wow!' at one point - it seemed out of place and character to me, but I can deal with a single word) and really, what else could such a reunion of lovers be but sweet? Anything less would have been disappointing.
elecktrum chapter 10 . 7/26/2008
I think what I enjoyed most about this chapter was the fact that Martin was able to give Gonff a scare big enough to make him stop horsing around for a moment or two. I'm glad it didn't last too long, though.
elecktrum chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
Nice! I for one would have liked the battle to last longer, but as you well know I'm just like that and I love a good fight. It just seems the fight was over too easily and quickly (though Rassk is still kicking, so I'm hoping for a bit more action). Still, all the action suited the story well and it was heartening to see the peaceful Noonvale dwellers lending a hand in the battle. The Silent Slavers made the mistake of depending on terror and reputation too much - both are useless when your enemy doesn't know or care about such things. Rassk should have let them use a greater variety of weapons - at least then they would have had a better clue how to defend themselves against a pack of gung-ho otters!
elecktrum chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Ah! Nothing like a good, old-fashioned donnybrook to get the heart thumping!
elecktrum chapter 7 . 7/26/2008
Woo-hoo! The cavalry has arrived!
elecktrum chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Filler it may be, but I see filler chapters as opportunities to develop the characters and situations. This was nicely done in that it was lighthearted and gave us some banter and interaction that firmly establishes the characters and their relationships. I especially enjoyed Gonff's high spirits.
elecktrum chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Brome's anxiety was well written. It was good to see him take action - he strikes as the kind that needs to be working on changing the situation versus waiting for something to happen. The Vigil Keeper is intriguing and I have my suspicions, but I'll wait and see if I'm right.
elecktrum chapter 4 . 7/25/2008
'The Dibbuns had immediately rejoiced with the prospects of bath time put on hold.'

ha! *snort!* good one.

There was a lot of understated emotion packed into this chapter, a kind of depth that isn't obvious until you sit back and let your mind envision the entire scene. Kudos to Columbine for her wisdom and persistence in getting Martin to open up and face the past, and also for Emalet for letting Martin know how he's remembered in Noonvale for his heroics, not his perceived failure.
elecktrum chapter 3 . 7/25/2008
Very enjoyable - it was nice to see so many old friends incorporated into this chapter, even if they were mentioned in passing.

Oh, and Rassk sounds suitably psychotic for his role. Well done!
elecktrum chapter 2 . 7/24/2008
Ha! food fight! I love it! The line about the about-to-blow-up-oven cracked me up, too! This was cheery, bright chapter. Very nice.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
A good and intriguing start! Rassk's use of a mask rather removes him from the world, making him something unearthly and augmenting his wickedness. It seems he was more interested in taking offense from his tribe than trying to make his own way among them. Now that he's armed and dangerous it will be interesting to see where this goes!
mangahottie740 chapter 7 . 6/15/2008
Wow. That chapter was awesome. I'm going to read the next one right now. It's getting very exciting.

mangahottie740 chapter 6 . 6/15/2008
I liked that chapter a lot, especially the ending. Your story has been so tense and the playing at the end made it lighten up a bit. It is a fantastic story in all sense of the word. I loved it!

mangahottie740 chapter 5 . 6/15/2008
Sorry it took me forever to review. I really enjoyed this chapter. It gave Rassk much character depth,showing that he was efficient and malicious.

I can't to see what will happen in Noonvale.

Twilarose chapter 14 . 6/4/2008
It's really nice. I really like how you have a cliffhanger.
155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »