Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY
Pirate King Ray chapter 36 . 3/11/2014
Okay, I'm sorry. the technical skill is competent but making Kira evil just feels stupid. He and Athrun both realized that revenge is pointless, and I don't see him going as far as to serve Rau.
Abicion chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
4chan sent me here. And this looks interesting.
Amion chapter 37 . 2/14/2014
"The victor will be crowned in space...as he always is." I think this is the most memorable quote I took from Durandal, probaby because how genre savvy Durandal is.
Amion chapter 27 . 2/14/2014
I remembered little of this chapter from the beginning. Strange, considering it has the Goliath and Destroy scenes with Dijbril competing on who can build the biggest mobile suit weapon. I guess I was disappointed by the Marshel Colony arc not having anything on the Extended. In hindsight, it would have been nice to see something about them, especially Girhart von Oldendorf.
Amion chapter 20 . 2/11/2014
A very good chapter. I always did like how Ray went into full-fledge Rau Rave Mode (TM) when he faced Shinn. I don't really recall much of the middle parts of this Destiny up to Gigafloat, so this reread will be like fresh new ground, again.
Amion chapter 18 . 2/10/2014
Ah, this was a good chapter. The fight scenes are not as refined as they are in twilight, so I find myself browsing them more and more. But the character interaction is still quite gripping as always.
macrossMX chapter 50 . 12/17/2013
What an ending. The risk of taking the story to a different route was high, and so was the overall body count in the end but the overall story is so great to read.

I agree with Zephyr in that the destroy are finally doing what they are meant to do (killing the majority of our named heroes, destroying Solomon's Sword), but also special mention to the Windams. I haven't heard ZAFT go Oh Crap to the EA/LOGOS mobile suits since the Strike Dagger's debut in Panama back in SEED, and the best part is that these new mobile suits turned the tide of battle and ended with the EA/LOGOS the winners.

I can easily say that the Shinn in this story beats out the Shinn in the SRW L universe (anime version is forever dead last in my book) which in my opinion is the best incarnation until I finished this fic. Not only does his character develop significantly, but his overall fighting style also changed which in all version is always charging into the fight cutting down MS left and right Here he actually takes full advantage of the Destiny's abilities that does not even involve the destiny drawing its weapons. It is so satisfying to see him to use the Wings of Light to trick the enemy into hitting themselves, and this is possibly his best demonstration as a bushwhacker ever.

In addition to Shinn there are a number of characters that I grew to like and respect thanks to this fic. Stella for being so badass during the Marshall Colony infiltration. Her badassery left Shinn speechless which is awesome and funny in its own right. Ian Lee is also another awesome character worth noting. His tearjerking backstory, his act of freeing the Extended from LOGOS' control and his heroic sacrifice, truly the unsung hero of the story.

Of all the original characters I find interesting is Ruumari. I am actually curious if ShadowCell made him as a contrast to Shinn because he reminds me too much of Shinn from the series?

Overall it has been a great ride and I look forward to reading the sequels once i'm done with the Red Planet arc. This rewrite seriously need an entry in Tvtropes, so many things in this story that is so worth mentioning.
Amion chapter 7 . 12/12/2013
Decided to reread this in light of Destiny's remake. Still a thousand time more impactful than the original. I had forgotten many of these Ray scenes considering Rau's prominence later on, not a bad thing of course. It feels good to go back and enjoy fresh-feeling material.

I am trying to remember what happens after this chapter, well I will soon find out.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 50 . 6/1/2012
Flipping heck that's a high bodycount! Still, you seem to have a soft spot for Extended, considering *all* of them have survived. Everyone else, well... Destroy Gundams live up to their name.

...I really can't think of much to say. The number of deaths here was more realistic than canon, but possibly too extreme in the other direction. Writing was excellent throughout, even if we never learnt just what Solomon's Sword was supposed to do. All in all, it's probably a YMMV on whether this is better than canon - I'm waiting till I'm further through for final judgement, seeing as there's another two and a bit stories to go (this is but a third of the way through). But it is definitely quality work.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 36 . 5/31/2012
...And there's the sadistic situation. This is turning into a revenge fest - Shinn and Athrun are both after Kira, Kira's after *everyone*, and it's pretty clear who needs to die. (...and when will people learn; never give a marriage proposal or mention a girlfriend just before a major battle. Talk about genre blindness...) Still, at least Luna's finally become a defector from decadence (yes, I spend too much time on tv tropes).

...I remember watching Gundam Seed for the first time and reaching Nicol's death. Seeing as Seed was the first anime I watched, it came as quite a shock that major characters were capable of dying. And then the infamous Marshall Islands happened... Still, realities of war... and it just shows that Rau and Valantine need to be taken out. Painfully. (It's odd that your writing has given me such pause, considering that was my (here's my invitation for flames!) potentially least favorite protagonist you killed off. It just shows how well you're writing, how immersive the story is).
Wandering Zephyr chapter 32 . 5/31/2012
...Uh oh, I *really* don't think this is going to end well!

That was the best battle description yet! It's good to see you portraying Shinn as a multi-layered, believable character, and the character development is going well. Which means, considering you throw up frankly sadistic situations every so often, that things are about to deteriorate.

...But I'm still reading, aren't I? I'm not yet sure whether this is better than canon, but it's one of the best fanfics I've read full stop.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 18 . 5/30/2012
Why is it that pirates/mercenaries etc. always seem to have better equipment than the dedicated military? Lack of worrying about budgets? (Just a thought...
Now *this* is how Shinn should have been in canon, not that easily manipulated bundle of angst and fury! It helps that Durandal is trying *too hard* to manipulate him this time round. The fact that both sides clearly have issues helps, something that canon sort of glossed over until the finale (ZAFT could do no wrong, right up to the Destiny plan being revealed even Operation Angel Down made sense. The Earth Alliance (exception: Eurasian Federation) meanwhile, were painted as pure monsters).

Only a third of the way in, and you've already left canon in the dust. A brave move, but one that stands out. While I do like the other SEED/Destiny rewrites, they do seem to follow established events a little too closely. Yours however, has become a whole new story.

Right, I believe I'm supposed to jump across to "Golden Goddess" now? Time to see what the Orb Raiders are up to, before they blow their way into this story in some horribly misguided way... (or not, with you I'm never quite sure. Unpredictability is *such* a good thing!)
Wandering Zephyr chapter 4 . 5/28/2012
Yikes, I wasn't expecting Shinn to show signs of turning *that* quick. Understandable though, he still hates Kira, the only difference is which side Kira is on this time round. And I think tv tropes would describe Kira as "love makes you crazy". Valentine aside, Kira's driving force seems to be revenge.

Still exceptionally well written, and now the controversial factor of Kira's allegiance has set in, I'm enjoying this properly. I'm not entirely sure why ZAFT forces listened to Le Creuset's orders regarding the Orb Raiders as word of god so long after they'd joined the battle against the *GINN's*, but I suppose that would be superior officers again...
KiraKnightfall chapter 50 . 4/21/2012
Just finished with the story. And HOLY HELL. So many deaths its not even funny. Out of all I wish that Mwu and Lacus lived. You completely outdid Tomino. ShadowCell is the new Mr. Lill 'em All.
KiraKnightfall chapter 39 . 4/7/2012
And I had thought Chapter 36 was dark but man. Why did George, Kika, Miki, and the rest of the Kassalheim crew have to die? I wanted them to survive. The series is seriously darker than any Gundam even Zeta, Victory, and CCA.