Reviews for Five times Dean tried to read Lord of the Rings
feathered moon wings chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Now that the Hobbit is out, you should totaly make something abut it! God hwo I laughed and cried with your story (:
werewolfsfan chapter 6 . 6/19/2014
Hmph! The very idea of likening Dean Winchester to a hobbit!
werewolfsfan chapter 5 . 6/19/2014
Lovely use of parallels here.
werewolfsfan chapter 4 . 6/18/2014
Oh guys! Sammy is right but I feel for Dean so.
werewolfsfan chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
Excellent overview of Winchester life and love here.
werewolfsfan chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
Awww, Dean reading to Sam!
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Oh Dean, I couldn't get into Lord of the rings the first time I tried to read it and I'm a voracious reader.

But as for crying over stories, I've done that innumerable times. Sometimes, I even seek out "angst."
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 6 . 8/19/2011
BtVS, SN, and LOTR are amazing :D
ccase13 chapter 6 . 7/6/2011
This is such a great picture of Dean. He probably always likes movies better than books, Dean strikes me as a very visual person where Sammy is more internal oriented.
enigma-kar chapter 6 . 12/22/2010
Fantastic story! I love both Supernatural and LOTR. I was amused at the end when Dean calls Sam 'Samwise'. Thank you for writing and thank you for the great read.

Kar, xx
Ridea chapter 6 . 10/24/2010
Okay, that was adorable. I loved the co-relation between LOTR and SPN. I could easily see it, which surpised me because I never really thought of the two being similar, but now that you've pointed it out, I see it. I loved it (and the whole principal Snyder thing. Clearly, you're a Buffy fan too) and thanks for writing and sharing it! :)
Naimeria chapter 6 . 10/12/2010
I have always made the silent comparison to Sam and Dean to our favorite hobbits, but I was amazed to find that someone else made the connection. Amazed and thrilled. I'm glad there are other LOTR geeks that think like me!

What truly struck me was the extended scene with Boromir and Faramir. It was absolutely beautiful. I've always loved that scene and hated that Jackson had taken it out of the books (among other things - Faramir's character in the movies breaks my heart in comparison to the novel), and I love the way you compared Sam and Dean to them. Very eloquent.

Not gonna lie, I'm spazzing out right now. I'm probably gonna go through and read this again, and read the last chapter a few hundred times. It's a gorgeous work you have on your hands. I can't get over how much I'm in love with it.

Thank you SO MUCH for writing this.

Naim
SunnyZim chapter 6 . 3/14/2010
Aw, this was really sweet:-) I love that Sam's LOTR book was his literary equivalent of Dean:) And I loved the way Dean identified with Frodo and Boromir (I am also a huge LOTR fan) - loved this! Great job at drawing the parallels!
Nephthys22 chapter 6 . 12/8/2009
This was amazing, really well done and completly in character (in my mind at least). You made me happyface and sadface and now I'm gonna have to go read LOTR
ElizabetRose chapter 6 . 5/30/2008