Reviews for Fading Addiction
HeatherSS1 chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
I'm stopping here (or possibly just skipping the next chapter, not sure) because of ch. 7's trigger-warning. But so far... Wow. I don't want to assume, but it sounds like you certainly know what you are talking about here. Reading Cameron's denial is... scarily similar to my own thoughts back then. House is showing his concern in his own, messed-up House way, and Cuddy obviously wants to help...
calliope-may chapter 22 . 8/11/2012
Beautiful, strong and powerful in so many ways! Congratulations on an incredible ff, honestly well done! I stayed up till 4 in the morning to finish it! Can wait for the sequel :)
TeddisonEddison chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
Oh my goodness, what an amazing story. I've suffered with anorexia/bulimia for a few years & I can honestly say this was most definitely realistic. Your usage of the noun 'anoretic' early on just made me think "she knows what she's talking about" and made me want to read more as it is unlike other ED fics where stereotypical views & practices are used to convey eating disorders.

Loved the Cuddy/Cameron romance, not something I would normally go for but this definitely works and has opened up a complete other ship for me.

Another thing is that it's so refreshing to see it written in British English! I'm constantly changing the Z for an S in other fics & mentally adding a U to certain words so I appreciate this haha.

It's about 4:30am & I should've gone to bed ages ago I've just been unable to stop reading this!

Bravo!

Steph x
Vesja chapter 22 . 9/21/2010
This was beautiful. Amazingly written from start to end. Just wonderful.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

kind regards,

Ves.
Anonymous chapter 22 . 8/3/2010
This is such a well written story, definitely one of my favorite house femslash fics. i especially enjoyed how realistic it was pacewise, i mean neither cameron or cuddy is gay or bi or even hinted as such on the show, and in other fanfics they just jump in the sack. i can't wait for the sequel!
minako366 chapter 22 . 11/6/2009
aww, I wish that there was more *nods*
amyyy chapter 22 . 7/31/2009
Wow! you are amazing at this. my family have a history of eating disorders, and i think you gave anorexia such justice, the horrible disease that it is. I wish that House season 6 would have this in it, and although it would be painful to watch the characters in pain, it would show viewers how much of a massive problem ana and mia are.

if this was a book, it would outsell the bible :))xx
Mitski chapter 22 . 7/16/2009
lovely story, really nicely written :)
SinfulPerfection chapter 7 . 7/1/2009
Wow, this chapter was so...honest.
SinfulPerfection chapter 2 . 7/1/2009
Wow, I really like this! I often see stories that involve eating disorders, but this one really jumped out at me more than the rest. And I usually shy away from Cameron/Cuddy stories (I'm a Cameron/13 fan myself) but this is really great so far. I can't wait to keep reading!
FRiEDCHiCKiN chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
This fic is absolutely amazing so far! I've only read the first chapter, but I am truly impressed! There are alot of idiots on this website who either can't write, or can' get their stories/characters straight. You, my friend, are not one of them!

Bravo! (am going to keep reading)

-J
Natasha Cantrell chapter 22 . 1/20/2009
Ooh I didn't know you did this one! I can't say that I'm surprised because it was fabulous, just like all your others! I've been reading this one for a while, but never got around to reviewing...I don't know why! But anyway, this was awesome work! :)
LillyHalliwell chapter 22 . 12/5/2008
Amazing. I loved it!
goldiloks chapter 13 . 11/11/2008
chapter 13.

this story has been really hard for me to read. it's often like you've taken thoughts from my head and displayed them.

i've known it was coming for a long time, but this chapter finally brought me to tears.
Pink Starship chapter 22 . 9/8/2008
This is the first House fanfiction I've ever read and it was darn good. I would never regret this being my first House fanfiction. Anyways, on with the review.

This fic... it hit so close to home for me. The eat disorder. In many aspects of the infromation you were correct, from the not eating to be in control, from denial of arexoria, to having a few bites makes you feel like a colossal bellied beast, from how taking a simple bite of food makes you want to puke, and how hard it is to just eat normal... be normal. (I absolutely LOVED the line "it's okay to eat. There's so many things i loved what you wrote, but i can't think of any right now) Very, very head on. Most fics, I've noticed, that dealt with eating disorders missed several of the things you touched on.

House was very in character, i loved it. He was so amusing. Haha, funbags. I also enjoyed see you reference to previous episodes, I always get amused to see people refer to episodes. Makes it seem less fan-fictiony, if that makes sense.

Over all, very emotional, lovable, and worth anyone's time!