Reviews for Butterfly's Wings
Chibi Binasu-chan chapter 7 . 5/25/2011
So I read this a really long time ago and just now refound it and had to read it all again. I'm older now, have actually watched ALL of YYH, which I hadn't the last time I read it.. I have more experiences, and therefore, more able to relate to this story and realize that no one can write something about such a profound subject, with such clarity and deep-thinking without having any kind of brush with the experience themselves. So, I want to thank you for writing such a wonderful story that I love love love so much. The bitter angst of Yusuke and Kurama is just so beautiful and so real at the same time, good lord is it real. So many of Yusuke's thoughts are one's I've had for myself, it was interesting.

Again, thanks for such a lovely piece, I know it's an old one but it deserves much love. You're fantastic. :)

Cheers.

Chibi
NaidaIldri chapter 7 . 4/3/2010
oh good god...

this was... so bitter and achy and sweet... made me feel like all the grief and pain and sorrow and ache and all the wishes of blessings got lodged in my throat in a lump so big it couldn't be cried out, because if i cried, i would bleed. wonderfully written fic, and an excellent ending to it.

cheers,

Naida
Always a Bookworm chapter 7 . 10/28/2009
This is so utterly and completely incredible, I am lost for words. Heartbreaking, poignant, and beautifully written is about as close as I'm going to get! You have such a flawless style, it's so emotional- you have this amazing ability to capture emotions perfectly in words. There were so many examples of this, but I just have to say: 'Deeper, perhaps, than could be explained-but they had been a group of four, and then suddenly two had been gone and the only one left, the only survivor from the group he had loved in a way he couldn't explain, was half-dead with grief and standing with one foot over the edge and damned if Yusuke wouldn't do anything, anything, everything, to pull him back.' (chap 3) made me cry buckets. I've re-read that sentance about four times, and I still well up every time! That takes some serious talent.

What else to say? It was absolutely fantastic, and, as I've said, completely heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for all the characters... And the funeral scene! I swear that was one of the most sad moments I've ever read on fanfiction.

All in all it was wonderful, and incredibly sad. Well done on writing this, you have demonstrated with this that you're a truly wonderful author.

Bookworm
duchesscarml chapter 7 . 5/18/2008
Aww, this was truly sad. Heartbreaking. And even with them coming together in the end it still had a taste of bittersweet. Kurama will never find his way alone and Yusuke will never let go. It's sweet, but I wonder if it will lead to resentment for the other on one or both of their parts in the future... I hope not. They have each other but will it always be enough? Then, some part of me thinks it will be enough. Bittersweet.

Very well written. The emotion comes across beautifully and completely. My heart ached for Keiko... and it ached for Kurama and Yusuke. And while I didn't like her telling Yusuke to chose I understood Keiko's need to do it. It showed a strength in her that not many fanfic authors choose to show - considering she already knew what his answer would be - when they write a story with Yusuke being with someone else.

Despite the sadness, a very enjoyable read.

Duchess
rein hitomi chapter 7 . 4/18/2008
It's true that there was no other conclusion for this, however sad that may be. Surprisingly, it pretty much summed up what was needed to be brought out, and you've done it remarkably so. No pretenses, no going in on circles. Great job!
CanaanAlshea chapter 7 . 3/29/2008
:/ I didn't review! Dang it, so sorry!

I adore this story. The pain is so clear it hurts. And the ending and the breakup and the death...So amazingly done!
ketsuki chapter 7 . 2/1/2008
That was amazing ) Thank you for posting it It was also incredibly depressing and I'm all teary-eyed right now, but it was so worth it
Dl chapter 7 . 1/31/2008
oh, i'm teary eyed. Great story, very introspective.

Ja ne
Lawenta chapter 7 . 1/18/2008
Great work. I really like how you didn't let it end in complete happyend; some wounds truly even love can't heal.
darksaphire chapter 7 . 1/17/2008
amazing, simply amazing story. It's a very good depiction of reality and that not everything ends up ok. I'm glad that Kurama will eventually heal, even if not completely. great job on pinpointing the emotions and thoughts, they were very accurate and understanding. I really hope you haven't experienced something like this.
BlueUtopiah chapter 7 . 1/13/2008
Shit, that was just so sad. Kurama is broken and will remain broken no matter what Yusuke does, and really, Yusuke's the only thing that keeps Kurama from shattering.

But life is like that - there are no completely happy endings. After bad times, things even out but people still suffer. I've always wondered if time heals all wounds or if it just pushes them away a bit.

Kurama is so lucky though. Yusuke is entirely devoted to him and that's the best thing he needs. I think I'll go cry now.
xynad chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
You never cease to amaze me with your work. This one is no exception. I am absoultely in love with this ending. Great job, as always. :)
mistresskc - wanteddeadoralive chapter 7 . 1/10/2008
that was a beautiful ending
IchikoKitsuneKoumori chapter 7 . 1/9/2008
oh Kurama-san *sad*
NyteKit chapter 7 . 1/9/2008
Wow. That was a very depressing ending. Despite the fact that Yusuke accepted his role in Kurama's life, it was very much like he was giving up. Like there was no hope left for anything. Which is quite sad. But you did a great job writing it! Is that the emotional response you were going for?