Reviews for A Friend Indeed
TheWateringWizard chapter 6 . 2/9
The Malfoy roast was excellent! Lavender absolutely killed it for me!
Great ending! I loved Harry and Ginny! I also immensely appreciated the fact that, even with a rocky start, they got along well with Dumbledore. It seems that all the stories I read contain a very manipulative and uncaring Dumbledore. I think the fact that he was able to intervene during the graveyard and the subsequent capture of Pettigrew and Voldy helped because the weight of the prophecy was gone.
In the end I loved your story. It's 60k words but it seems so much longer. As I said many times I love your portrail of Ginny and the relationship Harry and Ginny had in your story. I'll be sure to read your story again when I need good feels and I have a few hours in front of me!
TheWateringWizard chapter 5 . 2/9
I realised that I forgot once again to mention Rita. I'm so glad Harry stomped her while she was in her animagus form.
Wow your resolution for task 3 is simply fantastic! I love Ginny so much, just her befriending Harry more led to so much happiness for him! Glad Ron admitted his faults
TheWateringWizard chapter 4 . 2/9
Ok Dumbledore is an are. Great thinking from Ginny to go hide from him. That little paragraph about Ron after the first detention nearly broke my heart and my coldness towards Ron. But the last little paragraph, had me realise that he was still not pardonable.
Ginny loves her Harry so much, it's adorable! So happy for them
TheWateringWizard chapter 3 . 2/9
Wow that chapter was full of wonderful surprises! The Yule Ball was great, Ron's punishment was deserved and Neville and Hermione were so sweet!
TheWateringWizard chapter 2 . 2/9
First I want to say that this chapter was sooo sweet! Harry standing up for Ginny and his determination to ask her was great and I loved the lapsus-declaration!
Then I want to say that Ron is an absolute bloody fucking tosser! He has sunk to new lows, so much that even Satan is impressed!
TheWateringWizard chapter 1 . 2/9
Very thoughtful chapter with all those reflections on friendship and growing up. The fact that Ginny came along is kind of the reason why Harry had those. In the book I think he forgave him too quickly. I wouldn't have been so quick
noreenklose chapter 6 . 12/20/2016
Excellent story.
Thanks for sharing.
DonotknowDonotcare chapter 2 . 12/11/2016
The "but she's Ron's sister" is actually not just a British thingit's part of The Bro Codeit states that your bro's sister is automatically your own sister (until you bothyour bro an yourselfcome to a different agreement), and you wouldn't date your sister, would you? Anyway, hope it helps to understand a blokes way of thinking. Thanks for the fic too, it's grate!
fflai chapter 2 . 11/28/2016
I think the whole "But she's Ron's sister!" part comes from two souces: Ron has been rather negative to all of Ginnys boyfriends in canon. This hasn't happened yet. And Harry tries to find excuses to not repeat his horrible dates (Pavati, Cho) he had so far. Also hasn't happened yet. You write Harry a little too confident in my opinion, because we haven't seen him develop that confidence compared to canon, but it would make sensw that he'd develop it with Neville and Ginny.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/14/2016
Where do these rumors come from that Ron fancied Hermione? Especially at this time, middle of forth year?

It probably didn't happen here, but in canon Ron says to Hermione shortly before the ball "I just realized that you happen to be a girl". Does that sound in any way like he fancies her? No, it means that while he knows that technically she is a girl, he didn't really consider her as such, and still does not. He only asks because he has nobody else. That is why she is understandable upset.

Then in sixth year, it is obvious to all that Hermione tries to get together with Ron. Yet he obviously prefers Lavender. Does that seem in any way like he fancies Hermione, and did for the last few years?

As for Hermione wanting to be with Ron, why would she, if not for Rowling's desire to bring these two together? Ron's interests are Quiddich and Chess, Hermione's are everything else but these. Ron likes to belittle Hermione, probably because he is intimidated by her intelligence. He will be jealous if her career is more successful that his, or she will be unhappy because she holds back. They are said to "bicker like a married couple", but a happily married couple doesn't bicker. Notice that the Weasley parents do not bicker.
The only reason Hermione would want Ron is because she thinks of herself as the bushy haired, bucktooth, know-it-all that nobody would want, and for some reason she thinks Ron is the best she can get.
In short, bringing these two together is very likely to make both unhappy.
LoneTraveler chapter 4 . 10/18/2016
I really like this story so far. Normally I don't like stories where Ron behaves this way because it generally devolves to Ron bashing. I like that you give Ron a real chance to straighten out. On thing. I don't believe Molly would ever discipline her kids with a curse. I mean sh would't even coe close to that. That's something Mrs Black would do. I think Molly' kids are already terrified of her and respect her enough fo her to discipline them. Really, her voice i he main weapon an that's plenty.
Teufel1987 chapter 2 . 9/14/2016
Well, considering that Harry found himself suddenly attracted to Ginny, you can appreciate why he would think of different reasons not to pursue her. Especially when she has a boyfriend of her own.
Ron's reaction to Ginny's other boyfriends would only increase Harry's trepidation.
I think in canon it was more of Harry being indecisive about his attraction towards Ginny and over complicating things. It can happen to anyone…
Guest chapter 5 . 9/6/2016
Omg omg omfg omfffgg its too good.
TimBon chapter 6 . 8/25/2016
Being gay does not mean you are not a man. Being gay does not mean you are not masculine. Being gay does not mean you don't have or have less attractive male genitalia. Being gay is not a disease. It is not something to be looked down upon or viewed as strange or lesser.
The scene in which Malfoy is "beat" and "belittled" by being accused of being gay is not only disturbing and ignorant, it is also incredibly harmful. It directly associates being homosexual with negative attributes and emotions such as humiliation, immasculinity, shame, being less than a heterosexual individual etc, and perpetuating this association is dangerous. Shaming and discriminating against homosexual people has real life consequences. Consequences like suicide and other forms of physical self harm, or of depression and anxiety and other forms of mental and emotion trauma. Representing homosexuality or perceived homosexual traits as undesirable and embarrassing and wrong is never funny. This scene is not funny.
Please reflect on what biases you hold that informed your writing of this scene. Please consider its consequences. Please rewrite it in a manner that does not belittle an already marginalized minority group that holds just as much beauty and power and humanness as any other.
Blazeb79 chapter 6 . 8/20/2016
Really fun story glad to have read it.