Reviews for A Friend Indeed
cbpeebs chapter 6 . 11/24
Really enjoying your stories and thanks for the reference I to really liked that story
Saissa chapter 6 . 11/10
I think the comment about Malfoy being gay is spot on - after all he DOES always have his goons hanging around and it does send the wrong message!

I'm very impressed that Dumbles was being good at the end and not manipulative. I

I also realise that despite the fact that Umbitch never showed up, so there was NO Luna at Hogwarts. At least she was never mentioned as far as I can remember.

Thank you for the Ron bashing. He has LONG been a pain in the neck and noone ever actually punished him or helped him to learn about CONSEQUENCES. In fact, I think this is the first fic where the words Ron and consequences were mentioned in the same sentence!

A very very interesting story.
Saissa chapter 4 . 11/10
I forgot about that little bug that was squashed at the Yule Ball. I knew I'd forgotten something!
Goodbye Skeeter - you will NOT be missed!

Personally I think Neville was wrong to volunteer to be Harry's hostage but that was his choice. It should have been Ron going down under water.
But Harry was very brave to say NO to the professor on behalf of Ginny. That was really GUTSY.

So far this is great.
Saissa chapter 3 . 11/10
I would have thought that as a pureblood, Neville would already know how to dance.

Good on Harry for dropping the useless class and picking up a much better class.

I sure hope that Ron does keep his mouth shut or he will be suspended.

I hope that Ginny gets to say NO to Dumbles re the second task. So if they do put Ron under water, Harry can take his time or not even bother to go get him.
Saissa chapter 2 . 11/10
I think Harry is doing a FINE job against Ron - and yes Ron is being a total UNREASONABLE PRICK about his younger sister.

She is NOT his baby sister. The constant use of that phrase implies she is still a baby.

Hello? Ginny clearly is a teenager! NOT a baby.
Saissa chapter 1 . 11/10
With Hermione constantly trying to get Harry and Ron back together - she sounds a lot like Dumbles - preachy and religious. "There can be NO strife in the ranks of the "Light side"

It makes me SICK just to see the way Hermione acts!
TsukiRoze chapter 1 . 8/26
At the beginning you said the date was 30 October, but the second paragraph specifically states that the Halloween feast was the night before. Unless they celebrate Halloween on the 29th in Scotland then the date at the top should be 1 November.
nevertheless27 chapter 1 . 8/21
Gin110881 chapter 6 . 8/20
Many thanks for that wonderful story. I really liked it. It was fun to read the story and then to skim through the reviews. In the reviews, all things are actually said.

I also think that Ron's treatment in the story was somewhat hard but I have no problems with it. There are a lot of not so fond memories of Ron from canon.
When it comes to Ron I always remember the scene at the beginning of DH, when he interrupts Ginny and Harry. I think in this very moment when he destroyed (or JKR let him destroy) the last chance, that DH would be a book I like. I never forgave him for that.

I am very grateful that Ginny and Harry have become neither Aurors nor Quidditch Stars. That's the reason why I do not like most of the post-DH stories.

Was it intent or was it because that JKR hasn't told yet that she wants Harry to be an Auror and Ginny to be the Quidditch Queen of the gossip columns and end as the Quidditch Rita Skeeter of the Daily Prophet?

The idea with the T-shirt was awesome! Thanks for the reference to Jeconais histories. These stories are now on my reading list.

Many thanks for sharing this very beautiful story. Now I will read your other stories, but only the Ginny / Harry stories. As a hardcore fan Ginny I'm not able to read other stuff. I hope you understand...
I hope my ramblings were a bit understandable.
lovemya2000 chapter 2 . 12/16/2014
I Can't Say That I'm Happy Of The Ron Bashing. And Not Wanting Your Friends To Date Your Relatives Isn't Just A British Thing But Decent Story
Tomon chapter 6 . 12/15/2014
Awesome story. I fully understand why you covered only the forth year but I wouldn't mind it longer. Still there are other stories of yours doing that so I will live even if only barely :-D

I liked how Ginny still crushed on Harry but tried hard. I liked how Harry matured, I really think that this version of him is much more realistic. And there is some truth that Harry may be better without Ron and his lazy attitude... Harry is just too used to getting along with what other people say and it might held him back.

Taking care of Voldemort at the graveyard is currently quite classic but given the date of this story it wasn't commonplace then. Still I think it's one of the good place to get rid of him (or to place him into some version of stasis). I really loved one short story when Harry stayed with injured Fleur, nobody finished the tournament and Voldemort in his rage tortured Wormtail into insanity which led to him starving to death :-D Oh and since you mentioned "This means war!" and Jeconais stories in general are superb too :)

Another thing to applaud you is making Fudge not the classic self serving idiot but self serving death eater. I like to see him sometimes being a right bastard and not just incompetent fool.

There are many other good things I could mention but some of them could be credited to others as you yourself mentioned and if I really wanted to do them justice. This review would be REALLY long. So let's just say that you written a really breathtaking piece of art and I thank you for it.
Tomon chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Well, I'm hooked from the first chapter, this seems to be very promising story :)
Guest chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
Really good please write more
nayin17 chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
I love that Harry accidentally stepped in beetle Rita hahahaha
nayin17 chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
Your Ron sucks! I'm glad you made your Ginny like the true Ginny I envision her. Love that Harry and Ginny are together this early