Reviews for A Friend Indeed
At that moment...

Ron realized...

That he really screwed up.
Potterformers chapter 2 . 11/1/2017
to that british comment, I am an Australian and i don't understand it either, as a person is entitled to date whomever they wish and that is that
ThunderSphinx chapter 1 . 9/29/2017
Fascinating. I really like this story. Especially since Ron's a git in it, lol. :)

Yep
Jake Crepeau chapter 4 . 8/27/2017
Do NOT let your beta break you of the "room POV." It's your writing style, and trying to adopt one that somebody else thinks is better is not necessarily a good thing. I really don't get why people find it confusing; I've read a number of professional authors who use the same technique, and I find I rather like it. Write in your own "voice." ;D
Jake Crepeau chapter 2 . 8/27/2017
Actually, it's true in America, too...or at least it used to be. For a guy to date his best friend's sister would be almost like dating his own sister, because the best friend is almost like a brother. I rather think it's a situation nobody pays much too attention to anymore, but even as recently as the 1990s, it was still a big deal. You would probably find, if the information was available, that most of the writers that have Harry agonizing about dating his best friend's sister are older writers who remember those days themselves, or are in the age range where any excuse for angst is a good one. ;D
SNRomance chapter 2 . 8/21/2017
In terms of not dating siblings, it's more of a 'you hurt them, I hurt/kill you' as most people are overprotective of their siblings and of any hurt that comes the siblings way. Dating presents a higher chance of the sibling being hurt because relationships frequently don't end well. So it puts the friend in a awkward place if they break up because the friend sibling would be angry over the partner sibling being hurt by the friend, or the other way round. Either way, it causes issues so its generally avoided where possible..
Guest chapter 2 . 7/1/2017
in all country you don't date your best friend sister with out talking to them, in American you don't ask any guy. and harry did not even talk to him about it. like a normal person.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/1/2017
ron not there with his family on Christmas and no one cares man his family sucks.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/1/2017
ron had a reason to be worried ron was right to ask what happen the twins are just bullies.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/1/2017
how come in 6 year, hermoine attack ron with birds marking up his face and she stop talking to him, but no one ever said how wrong she was. because ron was not her boyfriend they did not have a date and he did not know she like him. so he did nothing wrong.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/1/2017
just two much ron is worthless first you don't have to repeat a grade the only one that matter are new and owls, but it just seem like they just throw ron away like he was trash.
Rebmul chapter 6 . 6/22/2017
hehe this was good the only other fic I know of that has rita crushed like that is one where harry and super girl are at the dance I loved the ending and draco being accused of being gay
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 6 . 6/10/2017
Love it, and the way you skipped the extraneous days between signifivpcant happenings! Off to read some more of your work.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/27/2017
While I agree that Malfoy needed to be taken down a few pegs, the chosen method left a really bad taste in my mouth. As a retired teacher, I'm appalled that the professors allowed it and stunned that Dumbledore, whose character was revealed to be gay, would have smiled at that particular bit of taunting. Such comments would be considered bullying and sexual harassment in our schools, and students have been suspended and even expelled for participating in such things these days. (Then again, Dumbledore is pretty blasé about bullying and rarely punishes it.)

While the behavior is typical of Malfoy, I don't think Harry or Neville would ever stoop to mock even a creep like Draco based on sexual orientation. They would be far more likely to focus on his DE parents and relatives, his ridiculous Pureblood attitudes, and the fact that he is continually bested in every way by the person he considers inferior (Hermione). The revelation that Harry felt sorrow over the surviving children and families of the dead DEs, following the purge, shows a level of compassion and humanity that seems inconsistent with the taunting incident.

I can't say I'm surprised by Fudge. Several years ago, following the release of book 5, I read an essay titled "Cornelius Fudge - Death Eater or Dimwit?" over on Mugglenet. I remember thinking, Why can't he be both? I actually felt there was plenty of evidence for it.

I'm surprised that Dumbledore forgot about Snape in the end. Then again, I can't help wondering ... If Snape had truly changed his loyalties, would the Mark still have controlled him? Is it possible he escaped the purge and simply disappeared?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/27/2017
I agree with your note, for the most part. I still think Dumbledore will be able to make trouble for Harry, intentionally or not, with the Horcrux hunt. Unless some more efficient precautions are taken, Dumbledore is sure to have the same trouble with the Ring Horcrux, which means he could still die by the end of the year.

Harry also still has the soul bit in his head, and that needs to be removed and destroyed, as well. Perhaps you could do a one-shot flashback explaining how all of the Horcruxes were finally destroyed and what happened to everyone (former DEs included) involved.