Reviews for A Friend Indeed
fflai chapter 2 . 11/28
I think the whole "But she's Ron's sister!" part comes from two souces: Ron has been rather negative to all of Ginnys boyfriends in canon. This hasn't happened yet. And Harry tries to find excuses to not repeat his horrible dates (Pavati, Cho) he had so far. Also hasn't happened yet. You write Harry a little too confident in my opinion, because we haven't seen him develop that confidence compared to canon, but it would make sensw that he'd develop it with Neville and Ginny.
Where do these rumors come from that Ron fancied Hermione? Especially at this time, middle of forth year?

It probably didn't happen here, but in canon Ron says to Hermione shortly before the ball "I just realized that you happen to be a girl". Does that sound in any way like he fancies her? No, it means that while he knows that technically she is a girl, he didn't really consider her as such, and still does not. He only asks because he has nobody else. That is why she is understandable upset.

Then in sixth year, it is obvious to all that Hermione tries to get together with Ron. Yet he obviously prefers Lavender. Does that seem in any way like he fancies Hermione, and did for the last few years?

As for Hermione wanting to be with Ron, why would she, if not for Rowling's desire to bring these two together? Ron's interests are Quiddich and Chess, Hermione's are everything else but these. Ron likes to belittle Hermione, probably because he is intimidated by her intelligence. He will be jealous if her career is more successful that his, or she will be unhappy because she holds back. They are said to "bicker like a married couple", but a happily married couple doesn't bicker. Notice that the Weasley parents do not bicker.
The only reason Hermione would want Ron is because she thinks of herself as the bushy haired, bucktooth, know-it-all that nobody would want, and for some reason she thinks Ron is the best she can get.
In short, bringing these two together is very likely to make both unhappy.
LoneTraveler chapter 4 . 10/18
I really like this story so far. Normally I don't like stories where Ron behaves this way because it generally devolves to Ron bashing. I like that you give Ron a real chance to straighten out. On thing. I don't believe Molly would ever discipline her kids with a curse. I mean sh would't even coe close to that. That's something Mrs Black would do. I think Molly' kids are already terrified of her and respect her enough fo her to discipline them. Really, her voice i he main weapon an that's plenty.
Teufel1987 chapter 2 . 9/14
Well, considering that Harry found himself suddenly attracted to Ginny, you can appreciate why he would think of different reasons not to pursue her. Especially when she has a boyfriend of her own.
Ron's reaction to Ginny's other boyfriends would only increase Harry's trepidation.
I think in canon it was more of Harry being indecisive about his attraction towards Ginny and over complicating things. It can happen to anyone…
Omg omg omfg omfffgg its too good.
TimBon chapter 6 . 8/25
Being gay does not mean you are not a man. Being gay does not mean you are not masculine. Being gay does not mean you don't have or have less attractive male genitalia. Being gay is not a disease. It is not something to be looked down upon or viewed as strange or lesser.
The scene in which Malfoy is "beat" and "belittled" by being accused of being gay is not only disturbing and ignorant, it is also incredibly harmful. It directly associates being homosexual with negative attributes and emotions such as humiliation, immasculinity, shame, being less than a heterosexual individual etc, and perpetuating this association is dangerous. Shaming and discriminating against homosexual people has real life consequences. Consequences like suicide and other forms of physical self harm, or of depression and anxiety and other forms of mental and emotion trauma. Representing homosexuality or perceived homosexual traits as undesirable and embarrassing and wrong is never funny. This scene is not funny.
Please reflect on what biases you hold that informed your writing of this scene. Please consider its consequences. Please rewrite it in a manner that does not belittle an already marginalized minority group that holds just as much beauty and power and humanness as any other.
Blazeb79 chapter 6 . 8/20
Really fun story glad to have read it.
illjwamh chapter 2 . 7/23
Well, I didn't make it very far this time. When Ron didn't make up with Harry after the task, I knew the whole thing was going to just continue getting more OOC instead of less. Too bad. This was a promising premise.
illjwamh chapter 1 . 7/23
Couple of things:

1. What's with the Ron hate? Seriously.

2. These characters are acting FAR too mature and insightful - particularly Harry and Ginny.

3. All right, I get it, nobody knows how much anything means to anyone.

I want to like this story. I really do. And there are a lot of stuff to enjoy here. It's just that I keep getting pulled out so often, it's getting harder and harder to put myself back in.
nayin1704 chapter 6 . 7/14
Easy way to end Voldemort. Love this story and read this 8x already
nayin1704 chapter 4 . 7/14
I forgot to say how much I love what you did to Skeeter the pest, great one lol
nayin1704 chapter 2 . 7/13
Yes! Harry and Ginny are finally together now
nayin1704 chapter 1 . 7/13
Really love how you've showed the development of Harry and Ginny's friendship
the problems is two much ron bashing first ron got EE in owls, he did fine without hermoien there time she stop talking to him and at no point did he say his grade drop. and of couse you not blameing harry for throw a badge at ron face. he did have good reason to be mad at him.
cbpeebs chapter 6 . 11/24/2015
Really enjoying your stories and thanks for the reference I to really liked that story