Reviews for The Final Steps
A thought chapter 5 . 5/31
Your point about the sakura/naruto abuse thing: It's true that it's supposed to be crude slapstick humour, but imagine if the roles were reversed and naruto occasionally gave her a black eye. Would it still be glossed over? No. This trope in anime is outdated and downright stupid, it's double standared garbage.
Sensuto chapter 44 . 5/15
You really brought out the big guns in that criticism you did and I believe you hit all the targets, because as of now I can't help but get chills(in a bad way) whenever I think of the ending. anyway nice chapter and looking forward to the next one.
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 44 . 5/12
Wowie zowie... Dat author's notes...
GodRealm chapter 44 . 5/9
I, much like you, felt betrayed by this whole ending. Just like you said, it has nothing to do with the pairing of my choice not happening. Does it suck? A lot? Yes. But just everything about it left a bad taste in my mouth from the awful pairings, to the time skip with no meaning, to Naruto looking like a bad dad, and then there's a city now. It just left an awful taste in my mouth for weeks on end that I. Wanted to forget. I honestly believe your fanfic to be the best thing we can get. Your story has kept me hooked for years now. It gives me everything I wanted from the first series and delivers. I'm not sure you'd like to consider your story a conciliation prize since you know what you want to do next in the story. But I want to thank you for all your dedication to us readers. You give large amounts of content with emotion and a strong plot with your own unpredictable scenarios. When I saw my email that you posted another chapter I didn't know how to feel. I wanted to forget everything about Naruto which hurt because of how much the story meant for me for over more than 10 years. You helped me remember the good and that there are other fans out there like me and like you that know what we got was wrong and how we'll make our own endings. This chapter was great, much like your others and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Thank you so much for this story and I look forward more than ever to your next chapter.
Nina chapter 44 . 5/9
Totally agree. The ending sucked, and Hinata makes me gag.
Avatar Conner chapter 44 . 5/8
I'll admit, I was genuinely surprised when I read the final chapter. And personally I agree with how Kishi mislead us. But in the end it's his wonderful story and I respect that as much as I do with what you've doe here.

I do hope that this story continues on, helping develop sides of characters that we never truly had a chance to see before.

If I may recommend something, I was wondering if at one point you could dig into a part where Sakura works hard on a patient on the hospital, only to loose them. It'd be interesting to see how she deals with something like this considering it's something that I haven't seen.

But it's your story so I'll leave it up to you. Although I do have a question about a the Kisame's sword.

Kakashi was able to wield the weapon during the fourth shinobi war using only one had, now keeping that in mind I would think that Naruto would be able to do the same thing, but again, your story.

I can't wait for the next installment, keep up the good work Claws.
Greed03114 chapter 44 . 5/8
I honestly have no idea what's going on anymore. I'd had to skim previous chapters to get a sense of which story this was. Might of just been me who had to do that but a quick summary at the top after a long absence of chapter would be much appreciated.
Nightmaresc3 chapter 44 . 5/8
Nice chapter I agree with some of the thing you said, in my opinion on the whole paring deal Kishimoto doesn't know how to write a female character like at all or he can write them decently accept only for the antagonist. Most of the female cast come of as needy, obsessed or crazy, they all think they need to chase after the guy they like in order to get with him and they let their emotions cloud their judgement. Particularly with Karin as she tries to get with Sasuke sees he has no interest with her, feels that his chakra is to dark for a rational teenage boy, gets struck with the chidori and still likes him or wants to have his kid. For me I don't like most of the Kunoichi except for Temari and Konan both of them are winners, they are both are fierce women they don't take shit lying down or in some cases chase after scumbags and they have a mind set of a true ninja. Heck Konan would have killed obito if it wasn't for the sharigan hax. well that's my opinion have a good one buddy
animeforever1 chapter 44 . 5/8
Nice to see you back at this. A great new chapter. I take it that Izanagi and Izamami are dead too? I personally think this was one of your best chapters. You did a great job balancing the fights with the emotional pull of the situation. I hope you update again soon.
animeficfan chapter 44 . 5/8
That chapter length. That's what I call an update.
SlytherinNinjaKnight chapter 44 . 5/8
Excellent chapter and welcome back! You did a brilliant job at balancing the multiple fights throughout the chapter, it was pretty easy to flip back and forth between the fighting.

I loved your rant at the end of the chapter. I totally agree with all your points about how Kishimoto ruined his creation with only two chapters, and I liken it to how JKR wrapped up the Harry Potter series; the pairings for the main characters are very similar (hero gets with majorly underused fan-girl, while heroine got with the boy who deserted his friends multiple times). I am a Naru/Saku fan, much like Harry/Hermione in Harry Potter, the pairing was the only one that had a substantial amount building up throughout the series, whether it be platonic or romantic. Question: what are those podcasts from where you got those transcripts? I'd love to listen to them.

If Naruto's feelings for Sakura are only because of his rivalry with Sasuke, something which totally destroys Naruto's character (as you pointed out) then what does that make of Sakura's feeling toward Sasuke? Sakura's feelings toward Sasuke are that of a crush, and in hopes of beating Ino at something. In the manga, Sakura claims that Ino is her 'love-rival' in the pursuit of Sasuke's heart. She wants to beat her best friend at something, that being Sasuke's heart. Naruto wants to beat Sasuke at something, that being Sakura's heart. To claim that Naruto's feeling for Sakura were false, to me means that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were just as false.

Can't wait to read your next update.

SlyNinKnight
Naruto-Sakura chapter 44 . 5/8
I like to share something. -

In - Paradise Life on a Boat Arc
Naruto confesses he loves talks to Shizuka(a Kunoichi) about his unrequited love for Sakura Haruno.

In shippuden episode 235, Naruto is on the ground with a kunoichi who is distressed over a law that forces her to marry someone she doesn't love. In order to show her that destiny can be changed, Naruto admits his feelings for Sakura. He goes on by saying that Sakura instead loves Sasuke in the cutest way, and though he would never force her to love him, he will do anything in his power to win her over just as she does for Sasuke, and that the kunoichi should do the same for the person she truly loves.

Later, the kunoichi asks if Naruto will ever profess her love to Sakura, to which he admits he doesn't have the courage. When asked if he was satisfied with that, he says that, although it would mean the world to him if Sakura chose him, he would be fine if Sakura chose Sasuke, as long as she's happy, because regardless he will be watching over her.
St3rfire chapter 43 . 4/18
I love how you explain every detail . On each chapter. I also love how you explain each act. On the lemon part . On how they foreplay there part. Please updated this story soon. By adding more chapters.
Shifa Ayunda Shafitri807 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
i like the story
ahmadaziz chapter 43 . 9/10/2014
I found this story way back when I first got into fanfics. I remember being somewhat naive and unrefined in the ways of a true connoisseur of FF. As it was, I wasn't really sure what I was getting into by the title and the summery. Boy, was I glad I got into this one. I'll be honest, at first, the outright AU-ness of your universe somewhat irritated me as it seemed childish at the time. The story and the OCs seemed outlandish, far fetched and somewhat ridiculous. In time though, I have learned to separate the universes of fanfics and canon and have really come to enjoy original takes on the characters and this fic ranks among the top of my all time favorites. So imagine my pleasant surprise when you started writing again.

I really loved the back story you gave both Naruto and Sakura. It was original and very maturely done. Similarly, their relationship feels real now that they have built upon it and overcome their demons together and continue to do so. The OCs and the plot elements are well thought out and clever. Hinata and her feelings weren't ignored and Sasuke wasn't just a target for the author's anger, no matter how justified :) , but a real character who made mistakes and is now actually redeeming himself, not effing just waltzing back in with nary a care for his past or present actions, like a goddamned hero.

Anywho, I am liking where this story is heading. You have overlapped different arcs together and it doesn't feel overbearing. Too many times, an author just keeps writing one challenge after another, without inserting some normal depictions of the everyday life of characters. They are important for the balance of the story and for connecting different plots together. This latest arc in Wave is one of my favorites. I actually find the antagonists here really fun to read. Kudos on that.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for sharing your creativity with the world. These fics really make my day. Especially when they come back from the dead :P Please take care and upload the next chapter as soon as you can :)