Reviews for The Final Steps
Flurry of Freezing Flames chapter 10 . 3/11/2009
About Sai, if you grew up not knowing about emotions, such as Sai was growing up in ROOT, then would you be able to call a girl/guy pretty/handsome? It would take some research. Since I've read up to chapter 348 thanks to , and the series will end with pairings. I personally want Sakura to be with Naruto, but they're putting it NaruHina, of course. Sakura, that's unknown and Sai is actually going to Ino, or that's what I suspect. If you read the manga where Sai met Ino, he called her pretty while Sakura was ugly. It is very confusing to me. Also, about that shirt, I think it looks awesome, but not in a gay way. i think that, with his pasty complexion, a midriff shirt seems appropriate. Think of him as an Emo kid, but with no emotions when you first meet him. Sorry if this is long, but I usually write revies like this. Anyway, great tory so far, and I continue reading it when i have free time, which is most of the time, actually.
LoveAnime4ever chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Omg! This is such an interesting story! I cannot believe I have only begun after such a long time of browsing! This is so great! Naruto and Sakura's personalities are perfect! I can't wait to read more! Oh wait I have like 28 more chapters to go hahaha thanks for the story! This is great!
InARealPickle chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Good. Let the pink haired witch marry someone else. She doesn't deserve Naruto after withholding personal information from him. How could he ever trust her again? And without trust, there can be no love in a marriage. This comes from first hand experience. The difference is that I was already married and had a child so the five years it took to work through the loss of trust was necessary. I can honestly say though, that the sort of effort it takes to make a relationship work after a loss of trust of the magnitude Naruto experienced, is simply not worth it. That would be similar to a couple getting marriage counseling because they have relationship problems after six months of DATING. Crazy right? No one does that. There's a reason why people break up when the effort to be with each other gets to be too much. Marriage is a ton of work in and of itself. Going into a marriage when the relationship is already unstable is not a recipe for success and happiness.

So you would like to claim that Naruto can let it go and forgive her. First of all, that is complete and utter bullchit. This is also a scenario that I have witnessed not once, but three times in my life. Every time ended with the children who were lied to by their family about their parentage Hating and Cutting all ties with their extended family.

Two of my cousins were raised by their aunt who is married to my uncle. Their aunt was their real father's sister. They didn't learn they were adopted until their adopted sister/actual cousin told them when they were 16/18. The result? They don't speak to either side of their family.

Then you have my cousin who's mother lied about his birth-father to the extent that she gave him his step-father's surname and changed the surname on his dead twin's grave to match. (A change in surname... hm sound familiar?) One of our old aunts snuck and told him when he was 18 because she felt he had the right to know. Hell yes he did! Even I knew and I'm 10 years younger than him. He took it better than my other two cousins. He actually still talks to his extended family, just not to his immediate family. I think part of that comes from the belief that WE did not know (even though we did, but I'm not bringing it up) and that we had nothing to do with it.

Finally we have my first cousin once removed who was raised by her grandparents along side her mother. This happened quite a long time ago so the details were given to me by my mother. Apparently. her mother got pregnant while away at college. Back in the day that was a serious no-no. So she was sent away with her mother to have the baby at a relative's home in another state to hide the fact that she was pregnant. Then she returned to college and her mother returned home claiming that the baby was hers. No one bothered to tell the poor girl. Not even when her mother (grandmother) died.

Then finally her father (grandfather) died and it was time to split up the family assets. Then her so called "siblings" (she had four) dropped the bomb on her. They wouldn't give her a share because she technically wasn't their father's child. She was in her forties at the time. Can you imagine thinking someone was your parent for over half your life only to be told by everyone that it was a lie in that manner?

Of course she hates them. Will probably never forgive them, much less speak to them again.

Yet, you've got Naruto contemplating forgiveness in the space of a chapter or two? There's simply no way! What they did was way worse! They withheld ALL knowledge of his family when he had NONE. If his father left anything for him, he wasn't given it. He grew up not knowing if his family was dead or they abandoned him. Then when he found out about the kyuubi being sealed inside him it had to be worse. Either the thing inside him killed his parents or else they deserted him because of the kyuubi. If the Third had any compassion at all, he would have told Naruto the entire truth the moment he found out about the kyuubi.

You have Iruke telling Naruto about all the reasons that telling him would have hurt him psychologically, but did you ever give pause to think about the psychological affects NOT telling him had on him?

Besides, Iruka's reasons were completely inane! I'm so sorry Naruto, but we had to protect you from yourself. You might have taken all the hatred the villagers directed at you worse than you originally did if you knew who your father was?

WTF?

THAT was not protecting Naruto from himself. That was protecting the village from the kid who housed a demon on the off chance he used the power to level the place when he compared his treatment to his father's.

Iruka didn't give one valid reason for their withholding of his heritage. Not telling him on the off chance it might affect his school work or his outlook on life? I call B.S.!

So what if it inflated his ego a bit. It's not like his ego wouldn't have been inflated as a child if his father had lived.

Plus, that STILL doesn't excuse the fact that no one told him once he graduated. Why is it again, that he didn't learn of this until he was a jounin with his own team? He learned by accident right? Which meant they NEVER planned on telling him.

But you expect us to swallow the idea that Naruto is so magnanimous that he will so easily forgive them and go chasing after Sakura once more. All of this while he is freshly grieving his sensei who died in his arms and the two students that he thinks he lost?

Just no.
animeforever1 chapter 29 . 3/8/2009
Another great chapter. I actually cried when Iruka died. Please update sooner next time if possible. This is easily the best story still going that I've come across (and trust me I'm an avid reader). Anyways keep up the good work.
CupcakeLoopy chapter 29 . 3/8/2009
Haha, okay, I'l stop guessing.

Iruka's death was pretty sad, I didn't know you were actually going to kill him, almost no one kills him in fanfictions, anyways, Sakura and Tobi's fight was really good, better that I had imagened it to be. No wonder he was the best suited to fight her. I really had no idea that you were going to make it look like Sakura betayed Konoha, that got me by surprise, I'm truly glad that al of Naruto's sudents are okay. Well, lets just hope that Naruto's dream doesn't come true, right?

Great job, like always and prease update soon.

Cecixx19
Mrfipp chapter 29 . 3/8/2009
Iruka makes his appearance!

Enter mysterious dream scene. . .

And Iruka fixes everything!

Poor Midoriiro, though it's odd she is now in Itachi's position.

And so we meet her sister; Taifuu.

Nice to Iori isn't as bad as I thought she'd be.

. . . Iruka?

I just love Tobi, before we found out he was Madara. And the dango scene from one of the latest spisodes cracked me up.

Sakura vs. Tobi!

ZOMBIES!

Poor little Tobi.

Lee to the rescue!

So Kizu now has control of Sakura? That sounds a bit like Pein's black piercings. Wait, he or she? Just how will I use pronouns then?

I miss Iruka.

Please continue

Mrfipp
maxslayer10 chapter 29 . 3/8/2009
Great Chapter

It would be great to see Naruto do what he did in the exams and force Inner Sakura to overpower that kizu guy. After all they still have so much to talk about now and Sakura will fight tooth and nail to stop herself if Naruto is in her when kizu in control
Gravenimage chapter 29 . 3/8/2009
Great chapter update soon.
Starfire99 chapter 22 . 2/20/2009
Oh I cannot BELIEVE you killed off Tonton AND Shizune. Shizune I could somewhat see, but TONTON? What did that poor pig ever do to you?
KatAang919 chapter 5 . 2/6/2009
Love it!
NorthernLights25 chapter 28 . 1/25/2009
Please update soon!
Nicole Miklos chapter 28 . 12/27/2008
good chapter,very exciting. keep up the good work and see you next chapter.
coroamm chapter 28 . 12/21/2008
I'm curious, what inspired the concentration camps? Not that I think it's a bad idea; I can definitely see that happening in a ninja world, just curious.
Brick Elite chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Lots of typos, lots of grammatical mistakes. The story itself doesn't seem too bad, but elementary things like a new line for a change of speaker really are musts.
CupcakeLoopy chapter 28 . 12/21/2008
That was a great chapter!

I'm really looking forward I’m reading about Tobi and Sakura's fight.

I really, really hope Naruto's okay.

But I mean, I was right all along wasn't I? Sakura's totally going to be captured and Naruto's going to be all 'we have to save her... I love her' and stuff like that, or not.

Well anyways please update as soon as possible!
436 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »