Reviews for Taking It Easy
No-Rhyme-Just-Reason chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I could see Pansy having thoughts very similar to those you described in the first half of your story; although I found it interesting that the first two paragraphs could have described Hermione as well (if we didn't already know the story was about Pansy). I'm mostly a FW/HG (or GW/HG) 'shipper; but it's always intriguing to see how either of the twins relate romantically to other characters in the series - particularly those with whom they didn't interact much with in canon.

One thing I thought could have improved this one-shot - if you had specifically dedicated a few sentences (or perhaps a short paragraph or two) to Pansy's long-ingrained, haughty pureblood supremacist attitude (other than her implied disillusion with life in general; or the vague allusion to circumstances surrounding Voldemort's defeat); and just how (and when) her personal views on that changed.

Without it, it seems somewhat implausible - however dim her prospects - that she would choose to lower herself to work for the twins; whom she and her family considered "blood traitors" and whom she insulted, derided and/or ignored all during her time at Hogwarts. As it has often been pointed out, house rivalry and prejudice have plagued the wizarding world ever since the time of Hogwarts' founders; and so it is not reasonable to presume that Voldemort was the only (or last) "dark lord" to ever rise to power. The right side may have won for the time being; but unless the underlying cause is addressed and dealt with, tomorrow is always another day to exercise "constant vigilance" (as Moody used to say).

Other than that, I thought the story was reasonably consistent with their respective personalities and characters, as one possible expansion (albeit admittedly not my favorite interpretation) on what was revealed in canon. Moreso than Pansy, Fred is not the type to hold onto a grudge for long (well, except perhaps towards Ludo Bagman) - he's too much of a fun-loving, upbeat and light-hearted guy for that - and so it would be perfectly expected for him to dismiss any preconceived notions he held regarding Slytherins and just let bygones be bygones. Perhaps despite their rocky start he and Pansy will turn out to be just what the other needs. Or at least that's what I as the reader choose to take from it.

On a grammatical note, I wasn't aware that "lent" was the past tense of the verb "(to) lean" as well as "loan." There was a sentence fragment in the fifth paragraph, along with a misspelling ("By the time she had regained the ability to breath properly, to function in public.") along with a few misplaced/missing commas here or there; but overall they were minor hiccups and did not interrupt the pace of or readers' immersion in the story.

Maybe I'm just experiencing a momentary bout of brain flatulence; but, which character was missing a limb (as versus George's hexed-off ear)? Oh well, nevermind. The most important thing was that Fred didn't perish in the Battle; and so where there's life there's always hope, eh?

On that note, I'll bring this review to a close before it gets longer than the story itself! Good job for a one-shot. It was an enjoyable read.
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Sad, Angsty, but with potential - you could make this into a Fred-Pansy story of how they recover and maybe build a relationship? Not to mention reactions from the family later on..

Good work though!
Mrs Pierre Bouvier chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
That was pretty much amazing.
Diary chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
I enjoyed this. The characterisation of Pansy was very interesting and plausible, in my opinion.