Reviews for My Friend
seventeenthsymphony chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Yes, I love Kent and Sain support as well, and this made me so sad.
Syao987 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
;-; I almost cried! Almost. I'm strangely unemotional today, which is very unlike me in the summer... Well I'm sure that if it was any other day, I'd be bawling my eyes out. It was very sad.
Caige chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Pretty good. It's not too often you find a fanfic about two male characters in a platonic relationship. Thumbs up for you.

And, besides that, it's fairly well written. A teensy bit repetitive, and that final flattery quote seemed out of place, but overall I approve!
Silvara chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
It was.. deep. I felt sad. I'm glad you seem to have made some research about the era. And about Kent? Had he got a family? I love their friendship very much too, still, I'm very very glad you didn't made it as slash or stuff. I fear I just can't have it.

Great work! I hope there will be more of this kind in the future...
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
It’s been a few years since I visited FE7, but Kent’s portrayal in the story seems quite true to his character as I remember him.

My only real issue is with punctuation. There was a consistent problem with the use of semicolons. Semicolons are supposed to join two independent clauses but there were several instances in which they were used to join something that wasn’t an independent clause, in which case a comma would have done the job:

"A few clumps of dandelions lay near the stone, some withered, and others fresh; (likely put there by his wife, or his children.)"

Since that last bit could not be a grammatical sentence on its own, the use of a comma instead of a semicolon would be correct. The same is true of the examples below:

"when he recounted all the battles; (both for love and for his country)."

He wished he had taken those opportunities to visit Sain; (to at least say hello, to meet his wife and children…)

Also:

"he would ride for a week, only to find his wife and children; (their pitiful state of well being telling him everything he needed to know?)

The same is true in that one as well because even though there’s a verb it’s a present participle (telling) and thus doesn’t make it an independent clause.

Also, watch out for "‘s." It should be used as a possessive not a plural (e.g. several "flus" not "flu’s" or "kiss-ups" not "kiss up’s"– spotted that in your profile and wanted to mention that in case it wasn’t just a typo. My apologies if that’s all it was.)

Anyway, I’m sorry for the very nitpicky review. I like the story itself and found the overall tone and characterization very well done. A little extra polish would help it read more smoothly, though.
x chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
hey i loved this piece! It made me feel sad but then really happy for Sain too! cause he's really a great guy!
Popo-Licious chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
How sad! D: But it was nicely written, I must say. I noticed a few little grammatical hiccups ((improper use of dashes here and there, awkward comma placement)) but overall, it was a great read. The bit about the dandelions made me a little teary-eyed. Good work! :D