Reviews for Christmas at Duke's Denver
Icecat62 chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Very nicely written.
cmee57 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Love Wimsey and Holmes together in a story. Am a fan of Mary Russell as well.
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
This was the first story I ever favorited on my old account, and I revisted it today and am gratified to have done so. I didn't know who Lord Peter was when I first read it years ago, but it's funny now because I've become such a fan of Wimsey and Harriet. Thanks for not deleting this or anything.
Port-of-Seas chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
A perfectly lovely fic, written in such a way that a Sherlock Holmes amateur like myself could fully appreciate it. It was overall quite charming and Holmes was disgustingly in character (Though I admit, I would not have been so lenient with him as Mary were I put in that situation...)

On another note... Sherrinford! Sherlock, Mycroft, and Sherrinford! That man really did not love his children, did he?
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
This is very much in Russell's voice. Good stuff. )
Alex the Anachronistic chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Aw. I liked this. I like having Wimsey around, but he's a little more childish than I percieve him. (shrug) But it was very excellent nonetheless!

Holmes was a little Snappish. Makes me laugh. :)

It's more common to say 'Happy Christmas' in Britain, though. Just saying.

Enjoyed very much!
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
aw!

i think you should move this story to the 'laurie r. king' section, so that us russell fans can find it. the only reason i found it was because i was looking for lord peter stories...speaking of which, if you can recommend any good ones, i'd be grateful...

this one's going in favorites! great job!

BANZAI!

~hollybridgetpeppermint
Doranwen chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
This is quite interesting and good (I like your Mary), though I don't think I get all the references, having only read the LRK books and not the Sherlock Holmes ones. If you would, please put this into the Laurie R. King section.
tolkien fan chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Good good
sunny-historian chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Never come across any Wimsey ff! I like the Dowager Duchess... very good! Don't follow the Mary Russell school of thought - prefer H/W - so can't really comment on the plot, but good anyway. What's the date? Because Lord Peter seems to slip OOC a little, towards the beginning - if he were still shellshocked, that'd explain it, but Barbara having three children seems to put it later. And wouldn't Holmes be pretty ancient by that time? And what about Bunter?

Having said which, I enjoyed this, Peter was largely in-character - a supreme pleasure - and the idea of Holmes and Peter collaborating on a case planted in my mind...

So well done!
wallyflower chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
How comforting to find another Bee in a site where Holmesian fics are few and far between.

Thanks so much for writing this story; the only criticism I have is that Peter's mix of 'envy and pity' doesn't fit with his character... Harriet mentions Peter's almost painful generosity, and tact, and gentlemanliness (is this a word?) in *Gaudy Night*-thus I hardly think Peter would let his pity show... But perhaps Peter was very different before he met Miss Vane. This story is set, after all, just a bit after Wimsey's return from the field. This was charged and refreshingly light at the same time.

Merry
Dali2theLlamasquared chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Simply wonderful. You know, I think you really are a good writer, no matter what those other people said in their reviews. Let them rot! Oops! Did I just type that?...

At least I think it's a good story. Wonderful, simply wonderful. My friend, using Anneliese also, reviewed the other Russell/Holmes fic you have here. Since we can only review once (grr...) I'd like to say that it was excellent, too! I just particularly liked how you put two different detectives into the story so well and so easily as if they had always been that way. Wonderfully done!
Kristen chapter 1 . 12/3/2001
The spirit (pun intended) is present, but the style seems to vacillate between Wimsey's Britishisms and Russell's coolly educated tones. 'forsooth'? hm.

My other criticism is that Mycroft would never have sent such an overt cable, especially to Peter.

Other than that, a very sweet tale. Keep writing.
Hibob chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
I am not familiar with most of the characters but that didn't hurt a good story
lareinemargot chapter 1 . 9/12/2001
good job- in character for both, and it's great to see Russell stories!