Reviews for The Last Unicorn: An Epilogue
wolfmoonsshadow chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
A good ending. At least Lir was able to life after the unicorn had gone
jkh1920 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
kinda bittersweet between the unicorn and Lir. I agree that Lir would've had to let go of his love for Amalthea and married someone. I don't think Lir would've had a lover though, as I cannot believe Beagle would've written Lir like that. overall nice tale.
elf maiden cyd chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
This story is sad, but really wonderful. It made me want to cry that Lir named his daughter Amalthelia, but still it was very interesting. You should write more about The Last Unicorn.
Kardula Bloodstone chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
That, was breathtakingly amazing! :)
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I really enjoyed your story. First of all, sticking with the narrative point of view of the original author worked well with this tale. After all, like your title says, its a continuation of the same story, giving it a final ending. In addition, kudos for keeping the unicorn with her name: unicorn. Many stories (even Beagle's Two Hearts, the real epilogue), insist on calling her Amalthea. I didn't see any obvious spelling or grammatical errors, and the tone was consistent all the way through.

Two things: If you ever revise this, trying breaking it into segments to make the POV changes evident. And secondly, I don't think Lir and Amalthea ever did kiss. But it was beautiful imagery! Keep writing!
Luna12 chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Nice and very true to the feel of the book. It maintains that bitter-sweet, haunting tone. The only flaws I see are with Molly. I have a lot of trouble imagining her returning to say good-bye to Captain Cully, and as she was older than Lir, I can only assume Schmendrick has been keeping her from again as quickly through magic?
Rabea Raven chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Aw that made me so sad, but it was so good. Very well written. I'm not sure what else I can say except that I was was very moved at the end. Thanks for sharing!

- Rabea
occasionally-maybe-never chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Very sweet, it got a little confusing at time because there were no breaks (lines or something) inbetween the differen't POV's if you understand me, but nothing to worry about! Twas great!

WishfulWhispers