Reviews for Sound of the Rain
SSSymphatizer chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Nooooo! Poor Snape. He just can't get a break can he?
Ladii Emelia chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I absolutely love this fic.
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
He was 38! Damn you people, messing with Snape's age! He was born in 1960! How can he be 45 in 1998? 50% of writers do this and it's annoying. Either get your facts straight or write in your A/N that you have changed birthdates and ages.
Petite Mule chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
One of the best stories I've read (and I've read a lot).
lupuslady chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Wow really didn't expect that ending! Great story, I know you wrote this a while back but I stumbled upon this and decied to let you know how awesome this was, even if it was a bit depressing at the end.
Draco Oblivion chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Severus is so epic, it's a shame it didn't work out...

There post Hogwarts relationship has begun :D

Haha, wow Severus is asking some pretty personal questions isn't he? XD

Wow, I wasn't expecting her to make the first move and especially liek that XD

I just noticed that they would have made noise wouldn't they? So how did the werewolves not hear?

Aw, she's grown to love him but he's too afraid to admit he feels the same way :(

That was a really sad end, the closest I've come to crying so far I think...
JaneA0202 chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
some warning would have been nice...I read it all expecting some nice endind since its labelled Romance when it should be Tragedy.
Miravisu chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
*sniffles*

In their world there were no happy endings. Poetic and beautifully sad story.
DeathCobraEater chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Oh My God

That was so sad, I was on the verge of tears at the end.

Death Cobra Eater
wis chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
beautiful story, though the ending is rather sad (personally would prefer them to be alive), but it suits the mood very well Thanks for the great read! please write more!
CeliaEquus chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Oh, that was so sad. But it was a good story.
CYMKK09 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Well,i love the plot a lot. But i hate the ending, why Severus and know-it-all died at the end? I just make me cried at the end.
pstibbons chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Best line:

“Ron is dead. Killed when … when we destroyed Slytherin’s locket … ”

(Hooray! The emotionally abusive bastard is dead!)

Worst line:

Hermione gave a slight smile. “Ron had his faults, like anybody. But I loved him,” she said softly.

(Ah. Well. She was a kid with no taste in men. Kinda like Lily, really.)

He sent Ginny and the baby off to London, but hasn’t heard from then since and he’s terrified something’s happened to them.

(And Harry possesses the same appalling taste in romantic partners as his mother. Hope Ginny dies. She's a fangirl. She is only useful for breeding purposes. Now that she's bred, she can die.)

Other good lines:

Bewildered refugees were what the werewolves in this forest hunted tonight. Now and then an eerie ululation would echo through the Forest, and Severus would know another human was being chased down by monsters.

he was a firm believer in the old adage that to hide a book, one should use a bookshelf.

"So how did you manage to eventually destroy it?”

“We both hit it with the killing curse. It was horrible – it let out this high-pitched scream. Then it just sort of … shriveled, until it was a pile of dust."

Or,” he added waspishly, as she looked up at him, the tears drying on her cheeks at the idea, “you can keep sniffling about things that can’t be changed and do nothing.”

(I thoroughly agree with his eye-rolling reaction. Then again, I've not spent the last few months on the Camping Trip From Hell with a stupid Weasel-lover.)

“Shut up. I’m freezing to death, I’m scared witless, and I want to stop bloody thinking!”

As she said this, her fingers were undoing the buttons on his robe and one hand was creeping downwards, exploring, rubbing, and he felt his body respond as his mind was very efficiently distracted from its brooding thoughts. As her hand closed on him, he decided to agree with her just this once. Thinking was definitely overrated …

(And there we have proper wartime behaviour. Which does bring up the excellent point of how Harry and Hermione never shagged...)

“Ten,” she corrected absently. “Anyway, I enjoyed it,” she added. “So now I’d like to stop thinking again … ”

(See previous comment.)

It will keep you safe. Use it wisely, but … use it. Promise me?”

(Aw)

Muggle and Magical Alliance (MaMA)

(The DATA - Department of Appalling and Terrible Abbreviations - is AWOL.)

Orbiting satellites, previously used by Muggles as a worldwide mobile telephone network, were turned into missile bases, hurling hex-loaded, laser-guided missiles into the enemy...Teams of Muggles, again armed with sniffer dogs, tracked down and destroyed thousands of Inferi with these weapons, and bombed the lakes and waterways where they lurked.

(I do like these ideas)

Death Eaters were deserting Voldemort in droves, more terrified of MaMA than of their megalomaniacal leader.

many were speaking of colonizing Mars and beyond: Muggle technology could reach the Red Planet and once there, an automatic Floo connection or Portkey would be set up. From Mars, humanity could leap-frog throughout the solar system and beyond ...

(Cool - Stargate!)

“I love you, Severus!”

Severus had turned onto his side to look at her seriously. “Why?” He finally asked, genuinely puzzled. “I’m flattered, immensely flattered. But why?”

You didn’t give me empty sympathy; you gave me two options and let me choose which to take. It struck me then that’s what you’ve always done, for as long as I’ve known you – you help put things into perspective for me, give me the options, and let me decide.

But – what if they did both survive the war, what then? Could he stand aside and let her go, once they were both free to make a choice? Truthfully, he had to admit that he would do whatever it took to stay with her, presuming she still wanted him.

The Dark wizard bore the marks of several of Harry’s hexes that had made glancing contact, whereas the younger wizard appeared unharmed. The Dark Lord’s snake-like face was now a mixture of fury, confusion, and yes, fear.

This way the werewolves loyal to him would take some of the credit for the win against the Death Eaters and hopefully be less marginalized afterwards because of it.

There was the answer to Potter’s amazing luck – Hermione had given him the Felix Felicis.

“You fool Dawlish! He’s on our side, man!”

“I love you, little witch,” he whispered.

Then he pointed her wand at his chest, the tip just above his broken heart.

(Damn good fic. Glad both of them ended up on the same side of the living-dead divide. Some details of the aftermath would have been nice, but I doubt Hermione nor Severus would have particularly cared as they'd be too busy shagging on the next great adventure.)
twilightsnape chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
.GOSH! THis was wonderful! Sad, passionate, everything a good story should contain. BRILLIANT! I look forward to reading more )
Megan Consoer chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?