Reviews for From A to Z
Jen10Jen chapter 5 . 1/29
Rune. Hot. Need I say more?
Jen10Jen chapter 2 . 1/29
So here I am, reading your A to Z. Again. Gotta say that I love Girl. One of the best AU stories I've come across.
JenJen chapter 5 . 12/14/2014
I love that you're writing draws such vivid imagery. It's like watching scenes from the show. Great work!
lilyoftheval5 chapter 7 . 7/28/2010
Awesome stories.

I thought to name a few of my favourites, but the list practically had everything on it.

Thank you for sharing!
nell9 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
Thoroughly entertaining! I'd love to see where "Brick" goes...any hope for that? :) Thanks for the great writing.
Leona Cazadora chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Your one shots are great. I've enjoyed reading all the alphabet stuff you've done.

Thanks for writing.
Trinity Day chapter 7 . 10/11/2008
Wager, I think I love. It's so heartbreaking, but at the same time I'm glad that Max was honest enough to admit that she didn't remember his eyes, but that she was thinking of Ben. If only because I'd have to hope that she'd realize the error of her ways, seeing how much that hurt him.

Xerox made me giggle. From the descriptors of the Jam Pony employees (/The man voted ‘Least Likely to Succeed’/ and /‘Most Desirable Male Specimen’/ and especially /‘Most Desirable Female Specimen’ and ‘Most Feared Being on the Face of This Planet, She’s Such a Bitch’/) to Normal's growing interest in the photocopy once he believes it belongs to Alec, to OC saying no to seeing Alec's ass before asking Sketchy what's taking so long, to the truth of the matter. And Max's revenge.

There's an interesting interplay between the characters in Yawn. I liked that you showed the progression of Max and Alec's relationship. Plus, it was neat having Ben there, having already figured it out, but really unable to tell them. It was something they had to figure out themselves, and it looks like Alec, at least, might have.

I liked Zipper because it seemed so realistic. The whole zipper incident, to begin with, tends not to happen in fanfic. I mean the awkward sex part-or rather, the awkward happenstances that prevent sex. Plus Max's desire to run away after Alec says he loves her is so in character, and I'm glad he was able to keep her there for them to finish the conversation.

Overall, I really enjoyed these. It's nice to see ficlets and the way you grouped them together was smart. Plus, it seems to have inspired several others to write more, too, which is always a good thing. Thanks for sharing these with us!
Trinity Day chapter 6 . 10/11/2008
Touch is lovely. It's so nice to see Max realizing just how important Alec is to her, even if he's being an idiot about the matter. (Really, volunteering to be the virus' new subject?)

Umbrella is a lot of fun. I like Alec... well, I suppose you can't really say he's *pretending* to be a Jam Pony messenger, since that's his job, but I like that he was pretending to *just* be that, as if OC and Max weren't as well, as if they weren't friends. Very cute and light-hearted.

Vacation is interesting. I like that you've brought back Sandeman, but in such a unique way. As great as the doom and gloom of Manticore is to provide drama, having a more lighter version can make for a good story (or Sandeman taking over for Manticore, or whatever the case actually is here). Plus, I always like alternative Max-and-Alec meet fics. In this one especially, the way he's able to charm her despite herself.
Trinity Day chapter 5 . 10/11/2008
You did a good job with the darkness and bleakness of Quarantine. I especially like Max's insight that, as much as Alec called her and Logan co-dependent, he should take a look at his own behaviour, refusing to leave her or let her go as he does.

Rune is pretty hot. That's about all I can say about that one.

Sunday is very cute. I like the way you had the differing (warring) POVs of Max and Alec, and the way the two parts complemented each other so much. It was just... cute!
Trinity Day chapter 4 . 10/11/2008
Last - I wasn't expecting Last, so good for you for keeping me on my toes. And the ending was great, too, and would have been even if it wasn't a surprise. I like Max's rationale, how you can't repeat what never happened or how tonight was going to be one of Alec's best dreams ever.

For Mind, I laughed that Alec's attempts at wooing (or seducing, as the case may be) Max initially had her thinking he was trying to drive her mad. That's their relationship in a nutshell, when you get right down to it. That and the earlier line about how, even when he's doing everything right, she's still yelling at him this time for not screwing up.

Name is an interesting insight. Both into Alec and for Alec into Max. I like that you write him a bit different here, more of a soldier. (The line I'm thinking of in particular is /Women were so easy, like he couldn’t snap the boy’s neck in less then a second and take out the rest of the family before she could scream./)

Open was really enjoyable. Especially for the exchange at the end about not having a father.

Promise made me feel sorry for Logan. I like that you used his perspective here to show the gradual progression of Max and Alec's relationship. I also like that you don't have them having a traditional wedding, because I agree that they don't always do traditional.
Trinity Day chapter 3 . 10/11/2008
Hero was a lot of fun, with Alec rescuing himself and the only thing truly threatening said rescue being Max, who manages to kick and headbutt him when he's already injured. I like that you explained it with the bad lighting. Plus, the bit about Alec's bike was priceless. (And Max, really, if someone had stolen your Ninja, you wouldn't be consoled by Alec suggesting you get a new one.)

Imposter is a very likely scenario, nevermind how it actually turned out on the show. I really like Sam's POV, the way she fits in without actually knowing what's going on, but doing it because family is paramount. And her interaction with Alec is something I wish we'd seen on screen. They have much in common (twins of the 09ers) but act so differently about it.

Jealous has a great interplay between Alec and Ben. Max is so very important to both of them that even without everything else, that competition, that jealousy would have to be there.

Kiss was very nicely done. I like the way you stated something about Alec, and then backed it up with a vignette. And that ending is so sweet.
Trinity Day chapter 2 . 10/11/2008
As much as I'm not a big fan of Max/Logan, I like it that you address other ways that they could have made it work, even if the virus was still there in Enough. Plus, it really works for Max and Alec, to not-really have that serious conversation and then back away again immediately, deciding to ignore and forget it ever happened.

Frosting was fun. My favourite line has got to be /“Sara’s not a cake, she’s an apple pie, try again.”/

Girl I just loved. As I hinted at before, I love AUs, and the idea of how things could have been different if there was a Rob as well as a Rachel Berrisford is a intriguing one. And Max using Alec's patent "I'm always all right" line is wonderful. But what I really loved was the ending. It's so heartbreaking (maybe because it's so true) that he turned her in.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Anything was really sweet, especially that ending, but with a couple of funny gems, too, like the /avoiding the law, hostile mobs, and hot nurses, on a Friday, when everyone’s particularly stupid/ or way Alec bargained Max down and then left it up to her to find a shipment of food for 450.

In Brick, I like the characterizations and relationship between Max and Alec, particularly Alec not being able to hide his hurt, and then Max admitting she could trust Alec to have her back. Plus, you know, I liked that they end up together. Because we all know it's for more than just convenience's sake...

Cold is easily my favourite of this bunch, but probably only because it's AU and with Ben. It's very Max-like to call Alec an idiot, even in another universe where she wouldn't have the same prejudices against him.

Daughter is great, too, because I always like seeing interaction between Lydecker and Alec. Deck is probably a bit more insightful towards Alec and Max than either of them would like him to be, but it does make for a good story.
Tamashii Hime chapter 7 . 8/11/2008
Great Fic! I have been reading a few of these alphabet ones, I was reading Seamagik's and she mentioned you gave the first prompts! Great idea all round. I enjoyed reading... I'm waiting on the next chapter of round 2!
CherryWolf713 chapter 7 . 7/14/2008
I loved this; all the way from A to Z :) I'd love to read more on the one where Ben came back and Max was with Alec!

Melissa