Reviews for Elegy
fiesa chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I finally had the chance to watch Weiß Kreuz - after years - and I happened to stumble over this story of yours.

Im impressed by both your style and the structure of the story! And by your characterizations. You really depicted Aya and Omi/Mamoru well, and Rex, too.

Its amazing how a persons character can have two sides, as Omis has. And you showed both of them, very well. Omi, who cared for Weiß and his friends and Mamoru, who has a different history and a different future than Omi. The way he talks, thinks and acts - keeping the picture of his Weiß in his desk so Rex has something to believe in - is amazing. Especially this last fact shows how great the difference between his two characters is and I think integrating it into the story was brilliant.

What I also really liked was the interaction between Aya and Mamoru. The fact that Aya came to kill Mamoru and couldnt. Or maybe I misunderstood?

The ending was great, as well. Differently to other fan fictions, Mamoru doesnt seem to feel much regret in your story. Instead, he is focussed on his new task. I dont know where it will take him - and I dont know whether he still doubts and still remembers - but I hope hell be alright.

Thanks for posting this wonderful story! In between about a hundred of Aya/Schuldig Crack fics (nothing against them) Im glad I found a serious, interesting oneshot like yours.
SweetieBee chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I was just wondering, why what happened to Aya at the end of the series happened? Who was that guy and why did that kid kill him?

If you can tell me that would be great.

By the way, you've written a very nice story.
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
oh...my...God...

Omi, no, Mamarou, is so...oh wow, how to express it... manipulative, secretive, but mostly manipulative. Not evil, not exactly, but I think manipulating people and their emotions to that extent is even worse.

On the flip side, I absolutly loved how you wrote this!
The Page Of Cups chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Ouch. That was quite painful and well-written. Nice use of the photograph to bring the story full circle, and it all feels very real despite the pieces of canon that were overlooked. On a more biased note, it's lovely to see such a good fic about my favorite character; thank you.
MikaSamu chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Chilling and sad. I loved your use of "Fight Fire with Fire" and Gluhen details to make this such a convincing story (even if I have to run for comfort to Side B, this story feels like it is showing us a very real side of Mamoru).