Reviews for Unfurl
IheartPadalecki chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
omg love this ;D can't wait for the epilogue.. i lvoe that they finally had it out.
JadeAlmasy chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
Hey awesomed ending!

Jade
Amy chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
So that was unexpected. Sam has the freakout. Lol. It was left a bit to the imagination as to wether her parents and his friends were going to accept his apology. I'm curious how the aftermath worked out. Maybe the epilogue huh? And I have to say, you should have put a Kleenex warning on this chapter. That line about Dean's baby had me tearing up. Gah. Great finish!
umino-gaara chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
I love how Dean consideres Sam to be his.
irismay42 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
My God. Those last few lines were just... *sniffle* ...beautiful. “My baby of course.” Oh! Oh! Need Kleenex!

That was just a superb last chapter - the boys' roles reversing totally, Sam all angry and out of line, Dean doing all the talking trying to get Sam to open up to him...almost telling Jess's family some truth... Amazing.

I've really enjoyed this story - as I love all you Beer 'verse stories. Seeing Sam trying to juggle his 'normal' domestic life with his past life and still keep Dean in the picture is something to behold. Talk about two worlds colliding. And I really love how you write Jess and her family and her sometimes clueless friends.

Great stuff - looking forward to the epilogue.
suard chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
I love all of your stories. Your portrayal of Dean is perfect. This was great. I hope to see more from you soon...perhaps a Christmas story;)
Rhesa chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
Wonderful chapter, but oh boy how sad. I desparately need them to find solid middle ground again, but you wonderfully and realistically show how difficult that is. But these boys love and need each other so much there just has to be a way. I hope we see some semblance of middle ground in the epilogue - or else that you plan another story real SOON where they can get closer to it! I love this verse and your writing is always powerful, vivid and heart wrenching. Please write more - after all christmas is ahead - how would Dean fit in there? Oh the endless possibilities :) Anxiously awaiting the epilogue. Thanks so much for the wonderful entertainment.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
great part!
lelann37 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
omg, the ending was so great! oohh. yea! they have to figure something out with the fighting and such...dunno what though-but as long as they always make up, that's all that matters
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
That was a really good chapter for a lot of reasons. Well struck.
Ster1 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
Something that struck me while reading this chapter is how very "young" Sam is. And that would make sense, seeing as how the events of canon never occurred. For better or worse, those life experiences matured Sam and allowed him to grow up. Here, though, Sam is still the angry youth who has not yet learned about restraint and compromise. His lashing out at the dinner table, while maybe emotionally satisfying for him, ruined Jess' attempts to host her first Thanksgiving, embarassed his guests, and put Dean on the spot. And then, Dean is left to smooth things over with both the family and, in his typical big brother role, fix Sam.

Don't get me wrong: it's impossible not to love these characters, flaws and all. You've done such a fasinating job of showing how the previous estrangement effected the Winchester family dynamics and without the hunt/time together to help mend things, how different the boys are from canon. I've already mentioned Sam but Dean, although a good actor, is also a bit worse for wear: gruffer, less patient, more rough around the edges and I think, pretty fatalistic about the odds of having Sam in his life. He wants a happy solution but seems resigned to the opinion that there can't be one. Sigh...oh,boys..

(Oh, and still loving your Jess. What a great character you've created.)

Hope you continue to write more in this 'verse. It really is a fantastic AU!
wild wolf free17 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
Aww, boys.
NathMG chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
This was such a wonderful chapter. I could practically cut the tension with a knife. I'm glad they got a chance to talk and smooth this over a bit. I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness at the close of this chapter. The boys maintaining this facade in front of Jess' family and their friends is becomming so difficult. Their two worlds are blending and it's just so painful and raw. I hope you will continue to write stories in this AU after the epilogue. There is so much more to be said and done. Great story!
happycabbage75 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
Crikey. When Sam has a meltdown, he doesn't do it by halves!

Just one word.

Awkward.

Thanks for this story. Excellent ending.
maz101 chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
This sounds like family gatherings we've all known! Love your depiction of the boys - the longer this verse goes on (I've read them all now!) the bigger the tension that soemthing big is going to blow. But you can stretch it a lot further and we'll just enjoy! Thanks for your work.
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »