Reviews for About a Girl
GrrHatLet chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
You went so wonderfully in-depth with Ariana as a character; her struggle with the trauma, the way she tries to communicate with everyone, how her actions can't catch up with her thoughts...I was about to ask if you shipped Ariana with Gellert, until I saw you were the author who created the wonderful oneshot "Stars, Hide Your Fires."
ThornWrath chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
i love it

its just so... WOW

im spechless
1a2b3c4d5e chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Absolutely brilliant. It's so real and it's thought-provoking and it's sad how a lot of the time we don't think about characters even when they have played an important part in the book, just because there isn't much written about them.

The idea's excellent too and I'm really glad I read it.

Thanks :)

sam xx
Blue Liam chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
I really enjoyed this; you're good at ariana dumbledore stories.

Liam x
A Shade of Grey chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
That was very powerful and moving. You captured the essence of Ariana's life perfectly in these sentences, and they were a pleasure to read. Very nice job! :)
Avindara Nirvene chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
That was overwhelming (to borrow Cuba's word)

so simply beautiful, love how you say it through Ariana's person.

And so real.. *stares in wonder*

a.N
BlindingPinkObsession chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
beautiful and an amazing characterization of Ariana
msmoocow chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Oh wow. This was crazy scary. I think my favorites were "crown" and "expectation". I know you mentioned the boys and what they may have done to her, but to imply that Grindelwald may have abused her as well? Utterly chilling.

You were definitely right about how we write Ariana similarly. If I had known about your fic this summer, when i was struggling with my femgenficathon writer's block, I'd have totally looked to your stories for inspiration. It's like you took all the random flashes of Ariana imagery in my head and committed them to snippets of prose. The style of the 50 sentences challenge really lends itself to her childlike disjointedness, too.

Love it.
Tempus Frangit chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Great fic... This is exactly how I've always imagined Ariana
Lacrymose chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Where on earth did you get Arianna from?

It's so beautiful.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Love, dearie, this sure took you a long time to write, but it’s worth it. Every sentence captured a little bit of Ariana, as though you were dissecting her soul through the power of words. It’s intriguing, and an amazing mixture of happy & sad, funny & angsty, and really, every sentence warms the heart and touches the soul.

*Is overwhelmed*