Reviews for Bara Kei the torment of roses
silinde-kun chapter 8 . 5/13/2010
Thanks for the story.

I have really appreciate.
patsch chapter 8 . 9/17/2009
This was so sad I couldn't stop crying. Really beautiful, so beautiful.
layla-xd chapter 8 . 10/28/2008
God, this is so sad... wonderful, of course, but so damn sad...

I really cried when I read Crawfords letter. This doesnt happen normally, you know, but the whole story was that beautiful and wonderful and tragic and sad... and Crawford did really love Ran. oO There I get emotional again... *drop*

The whole story is just incredible and the way you describe the characters is really great... I adore the young and innocent Ran that fells in love with the American stranger, without Weiß or Schwarz. Especially the scene where they first kissed is wonderful, I had to smile when Crawford said "I like you too", then Ran goes "No, I really like you" and Crawford again "I really like you too", thats so... hm, kinda romantic and really cute.

And then the change through the killing of Rans familiy and he as a member of Weiß... I could really feel his desperation, his anger, his fear... great written! I liked the fact that Ran developed thrpugh the story, in the last chapters he seemed more mature than before, its impressive how you characterized him.

The only thing that made me wonder was why Schuldig calls Ran "Katzchen". Im German, and the word "Katzchen" doesnßt exist, I think you meant "Kätzchen", but I guess its hard to write that without the letter "ä"...

Layla
Vera-Sama chapter 8 . 7/17/2008
Wow. That was so beautiful, and sad. I cried. I love this story so much.
Ayame chapter 8 . 7/12/2008
Beautiful.

I confess, I was hoping for a happy end till the very last line, because I'm a sap, even with the Drama tag known from the very beginning.

I can't decide whether I like your ending or not, but I can't avoid to admit that it's beautiful and fitting and heartbreaking and very well written, well paced and well thougt trough, just as the whole story.

I love the pairing and hereby encourage you to write more! Preferably with a happy ending the next time. Congratulations on finishing for the time being..V

Ayame
C Elise chapter 8 . 7/12/2008
The end is very sad but logical! very great fiction
Luna-Lunak chapter 8 . 7/11/2008
You made me cry. You made me cry! How could have you! It's not fair! They should have been together longer... But now, I think, at least Aya-Ran has Schuldig to keep him sane, as he did for all those years. Can we hold any hope for an epiloge? Please!

Hugs & Kisses & Cookies & Wet tissues

Luna Lunak
fairywm chapter 6 . 5/16/2008
though i was never a big fan of crawford and ran... i do love what you have done with schuldig... can't wait to see what happens next... once again thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with those of us who do not have it but crave it so...
Vera-Sama chapter 6 . 5/13/2008
This fic is absolutely superb. I really hope there is more to thisfic soon, I've been on the edge of my seat since I started reading it. I'll admit, I didn't care for this pairing at first, but some of your other fics(primarily your AAW series) has made it one of my favorites.

Please keep up the wonderful work.
MasterAkira chapter 6 . 2/21/2008
This is so good! Your writing is wonderful and the characterization is more than believable. Bravo! I love your Ran!
MikaSamu chapter 6 . 2/8/2008
Wow, Schuldig makes a perfect "Greek chorus," and Erika/Manx's and Birman's cold manipulation (as well as Bishop's) seems fit for Greek tragedy as well. A very small discontinuity with the disaster of his first team (it was on Ran's first mission to get information on the Death Cult that led to the double betrayl and disaster); but even Ran's solo mission for Kritiker to head up their office in Tsushima before he went to Crushers fits well with what you have portrayed. I will at least find comfort in Yuushi's request for Ran to return to Crushers and the promise he extracted from Ran when I think of Bishop's push of Ran toward Tokyo - and the end of Ran, beginning of Aya. Poor Ran, manipulated by so many, seeming to know it (in part) but helpless, as well as disinclined for good reason, to find a different path. At least he does not yet know the extent of Crawford's perfidy, and is able to find some stability and comfort from what Crawford left for him. As he heads down the necessary path to which Crawford as much, if not more, than Manx and Birman led him, I can't help but wonder if it won't be Crawford that is most hurt at the end. Beautifully done as always. Not only do you make us believe fully in these characters and feel with them, you wonderfully fill in some of those plot holes (like the coat and Porsche) that make this world even more believable.
Luna-Lunak chapter 6 . 2/8/2008
The absolutly best thing in this fic was the pairing of Aya and Schouldig. I mean, the two of them together rocks! Of course I think that Schuldig is withj Aya most of the time on Crawfords command but it would be so priceless if Crawford only asked him to check-up on Aya from time to time but mastermind took it for a past time. And if at the moment of meeting Schwarz Aya was more found of Schuldig then Crawford. Just let me see those things in my life and I would be more then at peace to die. :D
gonyos chapter 6 . 2/8/2008
This part is strange - on the one hand Crawford abandons Ran and leaves him alone, on the other he supplies him with everything he needs - a car, an apartment, even with his special leather coat. And with a Schuldig, steering him clear and keeping him sane in his own Schuldig-like way.

The Question is WHY?

Does he need the killer so much that he sacrifies his lover or was a killer puppet his qoal all the time?

If that is so, he is a truly cruel player. A killer is easily found but to twist a boy like Ran into it - especially someone who loves him without holdback ... Crawford has a lot of explaining to do -_-;
RuByMoOn17 chapter 5 . 1/4/2008
oh no...whats happenning?
eva84 chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
Interesting.

BTW, you're calling Ran Aya somewhere at the start of this chapter.