Reviews for Okami
JIMIRMA chapter 14 . 11/22/2014
It is almost strange to see such a comm and accepting Ranma. In the series and most fanfiction Ranma always hates the curse at least at the start, but for him to start without that hate, it gives an unusual twist to the plot. I somewhat wish there would be more supernatural scenes in a way, also some history and folklore would be nice.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 14 . 10/16/2014
Hope this comes back soon:-)
vampireyuri 22 chapter 14 . 8/15/2014
love this story please continue this
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
You could have at least had the courtesy to warn us it was a Ranmachan aka pseudo slash fic.
Shinkicker chapter 14 . 3/10/2014
Pity this was abandoned, it's a good story.
Lonesome-Writer chapter 14 . 4/13/2013
I simply love the kind of story where Ranma becomes a god or goddess.
Too bad that this didn't got any further.
armanstay chapter 14 . 3/27/2013
I hope you work on this story again eventually, it's an interesting read and I'd like to see more.
Wrath Of The Heavens chapter 14 . 3/17/2013
Are Saffron and Moegami linked, Firebirds and all?
What about Orochi? Did he drown in a spring too?
KRP chapter 4 . 12/13/2012
...'Wep'Keer Warrior'? Ah, wasn't Wep'keer the name of the village, not the people? I'd think it'd be Spring of Drowned Oina Warrior, or just Drowned Oina? ...Hey, does this mean Ryoga has a wolf form like they did? Actually, does Ranma, for that matter? So many questions...

Kinda wish she got to keep the cool beam-sword/flute, though. Pretty easy to carry around on ones person in public, and kickass demon slaying weapon all in one. Plus, learning an instrument is always good, yeah?
borg rabbit chapter 14 . 11/14/2012
Haiku dirge:
u
Is the story dead
Be nice to see where it led
Your museā€”has it fled
gotgass chapter 14 . 11/9/2012
I don't care if you feel that you need to rewrite the fic it will only get better as you have more practice with your writeing styli here's hopeing for more chapters in the future.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 13 . 10/25/2012
Interesting concept and you're not following canon TOO closely (a very common mistake)... but it has too many little plot holes (like Ranma not even thinking to use her repair powers on the slashed-up clothes) and it's a bit too sloppy with the application of Ranma's new gender identity.

...not to mention it's just plain uncomfortable to read a story where the author is working so hard to force Ranma into clothing more effeminate than she wants as quickly and unavoidably as possible. (It either embodies the assumption that it's not alright to be a tomboy or is a somewhat unusual kind of "kicking them when they're down")

Let me explain: While I was thinking about various stories I didn't like, I realized that "kicking them when they're down" and punishing a character for making the wrong decision when they didn't know any better are fundamentally the same thing. (Hence why I call the latter "kicking them when they're fallable")

The most common case I know of for the latter is when a character enters into some magically-binding contract (For example, marriage) and then ends up regretting it despite the fact that they couldn't possibly have known any better.

In this case, I get that feeling because, while I can understand and accept the school uniform, everything else you do to force Ranma into effeminate clothing just comes across as some crule, capricious deity (eg. the author) screwing with Ranma for their own amusement... and that makes it very hard for me to enjoy the story.

Also, points off for arbitrary nonsense that only detracts from the believability of the story. ("Plur", changing the Furinkan uniform without cause, etc.)

If it were an original story, you could get away with it. In a fanfic, you get one divergence from canon (in this case, the point at which Ranma falls into a different spring) and everything else must flow like ripples from that. (Basic rule of fanfiction. Every divergence beyond the first requires exponentially more skill because it's exponentially harder to justify.)

As for "Plur" and the inline author notes, would it help or hurt if you read a Ranma fanfic that randomly threw in French or German words for "flavor"? Imagine Albus Dumbledore talking like Mr. T every now and then without any rhyme or reason. (Same reason fanfics should only borrow Japanese words when there's no suitably equivalent English translation. You've probably read plenty of Ranma fics which use "baka" in places where "jerk" or "idiot" would actually work better.)

I'd give it 0.5 on a scale from -2 to 2. (1 for concept and making the plot reasonably engaging and -0.5 for the aforementioned screw-ups.) 3.5 on a scale from 1 to 5 if you prefer.

Oh, and Japan, like Britain, has very strong gun-control laws. Petty thugs having guns is about as believable as petty thugs butchering people without being all over the evening news.
Kit Ninja chapter 14 . 9/20/2012
Great story so far. Deffenatly different. Though something would help out and is barely used. Yes Ammy is very strong and is in charge of saving the world but while she is still weak and the Ryouga still is not sure if they want to confess their feelings, a part of a stronger darkness should gather together to try and bind or destroy the still weak Kami. Have the darkness snatch Ranma in front of a few people and Ryouga and have the other two, and possibly Kuno, go after and rescue Ranma from confinement to allow them to defeat the demon. Also it would be a good place for Ryouga and Ranma to confess where Ryouga is raging and fighting his hardest to free Ranma and at the end of the battle to receive a brand new divine weapon. Possibly a shield to attach to her back. This part is hardly ever used.
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
this is really awesome and interesting i cant wait to see what happens next please continue! i hope you arent pairing ranma with a guy b/c thats just cruel and wierd
Kita chapter 14 . 5/24/2012
hey it's been five years since and i am curious as to how this goes