Reviews for Brother
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
Hohwow. This was really wonderful. The descriptions and distinctions of character were really insightful and I loved how everything unfolded. Lovely.
epitaphed chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Perfect.
x-smith chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
wow. this was amazing. i loved the description of 'Ed' and 'Al's borther' and how you made therm different people. it fits his character so well, and i will never look at it the same.

i think my fav part was this;

Al had known his brother all those years. Had known that a single 'no' would have stopped him.
Al could have stopped his brother at any time.

this is exactly how i've always viewed their relationship, that Ed would have called it quits if Al had told him to. so nice to find out that someone agrees with me.

please write more in future! you have such a great grasp on the characters it would almost be a crime not to!
BubbledUP chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I never saw Ed and Al's brother as two separate characters until this. Sure, they have their differences; Ed, a little more brash and Brother, a tad more innocent. But then, here this is and here you are, managing to implant this idea that these beings that actually one, battling it out to see which personality wins, who will control the lone vessel. How so much aspect and thought process is shoved into this blond-haired kid who has to grow up too fast, who has live too little and it's just amazing. Your work, I mean, as is the plot, but your writing style and simply the form of how you carried this notion is what really won me over.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
This is a little strange. Strange but good, and made sense in the strangest way.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Some of the most poignant descriptions I've ever read. Highly impressive.
Roweena5000 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I'm not sure what to say, it's hard to find words for something so beautiful, sad, tragic, true and impossibly all of the above at the same time.

I love this story, how well you've captured Al, and his thoughts about Ed and his brother. It's exactly how it is. So true.

*sniffles* I'm almost crying here, I can feel Al's distress and guilt. And my heart aches for them both, or should I say the three of them?

Brilliantly written. Thank you.
lilkyonkyon chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I loved this! The characterization was perfect, and the way you approached the topic made this interesting to read. Thinking about Ed as two different personalities really brought out more depth to him, and it seems completely canon to me. Great job!
Hidari chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Very nicely done. Also, very depressing. I think you hit on the one basic difference between FMA the first anime and Hagaren the manga (and second anime too, since it follows the manga closely). It's also this difference that makes me choose the manga and Hagaren2 over the first anime anytime. I'm too lazy to explain so I'll just use two words. Hope. Humor. Still, your story is very good and very well written. Also, i'm sure it made your readers think, which is a good thing in a fic.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
There's "Ed the fullmetal alchemist" and than you've got "Al's big brother" I've never thought of Ed like that, being two different people, yet It's true.

Al's feeling were so raw, too. I could tell just how frightend he is about loseing his big brother to "Ed"

All around: 5 stars!
Lylo West chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
This was truly amazing. I loved it, very insightful. Definitely one of the best FMA fics I've read.
goldenlilies chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
it was really good and something I imagine is true in a way
HiBob chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Inciteful story. You do have a talent for bringing out what's going on inside a person.
emeralddarkness chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Very intriguing; it's a cool idea and you did cool things with it.
xCrimsonxBlackxBloodx chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
That's a really interesting way of showing the two completely different sides of Edward that we all know are there; the descriptions you have for those two sides - how he's a "too young State Alchemist" and an "old man" alternatively, and how Alphonse speaks of these two halves as completely different entities - is an extremely... unique, almost... way of looking at it. It's a rather interesting (too lazy to think of a better word right now) way to address the matter.

I like it. :)

It's actually quite intriguing how Alphonse manages to find his own blame in what happened to the two of them, too - and how well he knows his brother's intentions gives one some insight to him, as well.

Anyway, long analysis short; it's really well done and quite (there it is again) interesting for the reader. Good job!

xCxBxBx