Reviews for Lily's Choice
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I know I started reading this one long ago, but i also know I never finished it. I truly think this could well be the sort of thing that would give her the chance to be great. Sometimes we need to find something that is bigger than we are, and that sounds like just the thing.

Nice that Ron happened to have those roses at what he no doubt decided later was the perfect moment. ;)
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Huh. I've been here for a few minutes and I'm at a loss. For some reason, I thought it might end differently. Don't know why. Perhaps the caffeine has finally (further) addled my brain. At any rate, it was an interesting look at the young Miss Potter's life, though I do wonder how she wandered so far away from where everywhere else in her family had gone. Perhaps she was more like her father than anyone thought. Some people do respond better to education from life than books.
Witherwings01 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
So many new friends with such HUGE back catalogs I'm at a loss where to begin! No idea what drew me to this story but I'm glad I was.

I liked the tone you conveyed in your story - not the happily ever after that JK gave us - but a more realistic version of future events. Your Lily strikes me as a more privileged version of Ron at the same age. Effectively jealous of the shadow she must live in as the youngest of the children of the saviours of the magical world.

I also respect you choice to allude to real life events, it connects this magic world with events (most tragic) that we are all familiar with.

A couple of questions. Your McGonagall has elected to step down as headmistress - does that mean when she visits Flitwicks office there is a portrait of herself behind the desk? Not all school heads can die in office (as it were) after all. (I know it has no mpact on your story, but I'm curious).

Secondly, did tou continue this? I for one (despite my dislike of canon pairings) would love to read more about Lily in the states. Please say you did! And if you didn't, start immediately...that's an order ;)
jimmycranberry chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
A very well written, well researched and thought-out oneshot. Sterling effort, and I wish you all the best for your future writing!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Read marker
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Not bad. I can see that being Harry and Ginny's daughter and the niece of Ron and Hermione could be a problem. People expect certain things of you, and some are going to rebel at those expectations. Glad there was an alternative plan to be persued.
hermoinelvsronald chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
thats cool

i like it and it reminded me of things i had missed
Poppy P chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
I'm not a fan of next generation fics, but the premise caught me: a rewritten epilogue. I'm glad I read it. I really liked how you worked in all these little flashes into the characters futures. We had so many intriguing back stories that it made me wish this was a prologue to a story. I think it would make a fantastic fic: Lily Potter in New Orleans, post hurricane, working alongside Harry, but clashing with her father as well. I would totally read it.
lilyre chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
hey i liked this it was a really intresting perspective it had the little flashbacks that i liked... :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
haha...The Boy Who Lived Ever So Many Times.I love the 'plain talk' McGonagall has with Harry. It's so well written and...beautiful really. I like Harry's speech. I love Ginny talking about Ron with Hermione. That was fantastic! And I love the bit at the end with Lily and McGonagall. You write dialouge perfectly! Good Job
Sandshrew777 chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
A wonderful summary of the aftermath that does things so much better than poor J.K. attempted to, thank goodness.

I find your details fitting, if a bit jarring at times. The final transition from Ron talking about Hurricane Katrina II into Minerva needs a visual cue to help us along a little. I really love the idea, but we need something to help us - anything. It doesn't have to be a break, as that might be counterproductive, but something less fluidy would be ideal, y'know? It's just...weird. And hard to follow. And that makes it jarring.

I really love the little stories, and choosing Minerva to explain them is wise. I think these futures you have set forth really work for all of these characters - I love it.

I'm not quite so sure Harry would have changed so rapidly without Voldie after him, but the more I read it the more I believed that this was the real Harry that had been stomped on by evil for all of those years. So kudos to you - you made me a believer.

In the explanation of the bus bombings, you have a misspelling ("busses"), and some punctuation goofs (dialogue tags outside the punctuation of the sentence, as you know and do otherwise). I also recommend making a new paragraph for dialogue, which you do almost all of the time. The few times you don't just confuse me and drag me off-track.

I think a very spoiled Lily is a nice touch (her name is misspelled the first time it is mentioned). I like how Minerva explains her rebellion, but I think you can do more. Give her a whole other paragraph - let her take up some more of the opening bit.

I like that Minerva's still relying on Albus. All of her characterization is stellar, especially the moment with Gwenog (even then, she's still salty Minerva, and we LOVE her because of it!). Brilliant character pick.

Excellent tone and style, good choices for your characters' futures (again I note it because it's a real mark of your creativity), but some difficulty with aesthetics. Huge paragraphs are tough for the eyes to handle, and along with the other aesthetic problems I've mentioned throughout the review, can make it tough for a reader who's not committed to the story to finish. Just a note from me to you, although I think you already know all about it and more than I do. ;)

In any event, I'll wrap up. Loved the piece to bits.

Brilliant work!

Keep writing.
Mistymist chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
“Oi, Potter! Catch the bleedin’ snitch already while we’re young! You’ve seen it four times, fer fark’s sake. Yer missy’s already gettin’ a tryout!” And two minutes later he did just that.

that is freaking hilarious!

You did an amazing job on this I definately prefer your epilogue to JK's.

thanks again for sharing.
Meandering Fox chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
This was a cool little one shot. To be honest, I wasn't all that interested in Lily. heh, I liked the flashbacks. Nice 'post-DH' stuff.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
This completely intrigued me. I really like the voice you gave to Lily, far from being a sarcastic, but bright girl, or a sweet teen, she's a girl who's been too fiery, too cheeky, and is now experiencing the consequences of her actions. I also really like your humanizing McGonagall, a very underwritten character. Also . . . I dunno what it is, but the examination of real world events from a wizard perspective just intrigues me, pulls me right in. Can't explain it, but I loved the whole 7/7 and Katrina parts.

You write with a high level of sophistication and love for the characters. Great job!
moonlighttruths chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
nice twist... any chance of a second chapter?