Reviews for Gens Una Sumus
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
This is brilliant. Like the others have said, your portrayal of the Shitennou is not just spot-on, it's /more/ than what is usually given, which of course, is always nice. And Mercury (who is my favorite senshi), you did very well with her too. I love the analogy of the chess game (especially at the end), and I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation throughout the game. (Like Kunzite, I was very grateful that none of the other Inner Senshi were there... Jadeite, you insolent brat. XD)

Anyways, great job! :)
Baitdcat chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
That was a well written story. I don't play chess, but the analogy was appreciated. Good job!
appalove chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Fantastic character study, a very adept piece :)
random chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
this is a really good story as it takes an interesting - and unique - view on the relationships between the two groups. And the way you used chess to show how it should be (loved Jadeite's realization of that at the end). Congrats!
Small Tuesday chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Serious goodness.
Saffron Blade chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
I'm impressed. Finally someone creates a Jadeite who isn't a playboy, who isn't flaky, and who isn't so enraged that he's blind. That was impressive to read.

I loved how you crafted the Shitennou. I like that they weren't type caste into the typical roles of ice-block, genius, playboy, and outdoors man. I really like the intensity of Jadeite. It was really well written.

I do like the idea you have of writing non-romantic pairings. It sounds very interesting and I'd definitely be interested in reading more. Till then,

Cheers..
zarah joyce chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
This is fantastic. I... there are no words. I knew Mercury was going to win, but I enjoyed how you played to reach that scene :D

Congrats on a lovely fic.
apostrophus chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
That was awesome! It's really fun to see non-couple interaction, and they were so perfect. Good job~!

~Amunet D
avery18 chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
The character of Jedeite honestly seemed fairly OOC. It's something I'd almost expect more from Kunzite (except Jedeite's outbursts).

Regardless, I still enjoyed the story. I love how Mercury took the insults in stride, and provided her own retort (not so much in anger, but to prove a point that she had the right to protect Earth as well). In addition, she still beat him. It almost reminded me of the episode in the second season with Ami playing against Birdie (Sorry, I can't remember her Japanese name :( )
sanchan chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
i would love to see a continuation of some sort in the future. It was brilliant. Well characterized and had awesome dialogue. Well written fic indeed. I really wan to see more from this universe.
Goddess Usagi chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
I really liked it! I love that you took up the challenge of non-couple interaction, its so sorely missing in many of the fics around.

Your characterisation was spot on, and the conflict between Ami and Jadeite was brilliant.

I would really like to see another chapter or a few, especially since you've set up their resurrection and their feeling of isolation so well. I think you could really build this into a longer fic, if you wanted to, and it would work very very well. Though it works equally as well as a one shot.. I would really like to read another chapter :D so really you'd be doing this for me :P

Either way, this was brilliant. Congrats.

- Usa
IceColdTouch chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I loved the way you used the chess-broad as a symbolism for the world around was an interesting way to get what Ami and Jed were trying to say across.I realy enjoyed your wokr and hope to see more of it the story was well writen and the characterization was wonderfully as for this being a longer story.I'd so read I'll look for it in the very well done.
sanchan chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
Amazing. A wonderful read. full of emotion and excitement.
BleuFleur chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
What a wonderful read! I had a feeling that Ami would ultimately be victorious, but the symbolism of the chessboard at the end, reflecting both never-ending battles and cooperative leadership. Great characterizations, all around.
JayManney4Life chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Considering how well written this story is, I'm genuinely surprised no one else has reviewed it at this point. Being someone who has a love of chess themselves, not to mention who was a real fan of the generals from the first season, I have to say I greatly enjoyed this piece, and that you must have really put some effort into it with how smoothly it plays out. Kudos to you for such a great story, and I hope to see more out of you in the future.

Take it easy!