Reviews for Posthumously Jaded
finchily chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
That was...beautiful. Heartbreaking, terrifying in the shattered, utter brokenness it depicted, but beautiful all the same. Great job. D
EndlessBlue chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Despite being an avid/rabid/insane Luke/Mara shipper, there will be no flames from this quarter. ;)

I liked this take on their relationship, on what it could and could not be. To be honest, I kind of ignore Mara Jade when she's not being written by Zahn, just like I ignore Luke's EU OCness as "Unusual Things That Happened In a Book I May Have Read Once", so my appreciation of their relationship is already based on this idea that I have them all figured out, and pretty much all of the other authors got them wrong. (Hence...fanfic.)

I get why some people don't ship these two, or why some people hate Mara - I really do. And I appreciate how reasonable and thoughtful this piece is. It makes sense when you put it in terms of "we're just two very different people."

That being said, I don't agree with it - Luke is very much a child of war, and Mara craves peace almost as much as she is built for conflict, so I've always thought of them, as far as personality goes, as being two sides of the same coin, two opposites each reaching for the other end of the spectrum, and meeting somewhere in the middle. Opposites in the same war, fighting the same internal and external battles from different sides, but for the same reasons. But you make it so easy to twist that, to look at it from a different angle and see the fault lines and chasms that very well could be there.

On a slightly more superficial note, I love that Luke is the one who walks away. Confident!Luke is my favorite. Rawr.
deaka chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
An interesting read, well written. I don't entirely agree with its premise, because while I think there are many, many reasons Luke and Mara could have failed to work out, I'm not entirely comfortable with making Mara a villain or arguing that she or any of Luke's other love interests *made* him fall in love with them, as if he had no will of his own. But each to their own. *shrugs* You certainly bring up some interesting points about their differing backgrounds, and it's a pleasure to read something well written after a few of the other fics I've just encountered.
jedimasterathena chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
wow didn't see that coming...but it totally makes sense.

did you notice that luke has blue eyes, Mara has green so it's almost like...(using the stuff in the story)

Luke has this void right? but his eyes are blue so every one can live with the blue sky so he's fine

Mara has grren eyes green atmosphere and it's almost like ... its HER...SHE is the reason this didn't work out.

OK I'm going to stop boring people with my symbolism lectures.

IT was great though, the setting was pretty, ...

(another lecture coming on) I'll just end with It was Excellent work

JMA
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Dear Author

Nice little fanfic invovling Mara and Luke. The quality is simple but good.

The wholesome standards are good.

The language is clean.

Nothing suggestively offensive.

No violence or any other vile content.

I hope this review has a good influence on you. God bless.

Data Seeker
Rhysati Ynr chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Despite what your other reviews said, I understood this completely.

“Nothing can live on a planet with a jade sky.”

That was a beautiful way for Luke to express his concerns about Mara's attitude towards him, and how he felt like she was being...what's the word..."Emperor's Hand-ish"?

Anyway, I liked this a lot.

You've got Luke's personality down to the letter, though I do think that Mara reacted a little too strongly to such a trivial argument.

"He stoically supposed that it was the Jedi equivalent of making such life-shaking decisions under the influence."

And that's Luke's sense of humour right there.

Anyway, nice work. Well done.
Now Unused chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Aw...sad. ( Of course, I wasn't thrilled with the ending since I am an avid L/M shipper. BUT. I thought this was a well written story, and you did a nice job on it. So kudos to you!

And I can sympathize with the bad day thing...makes me want to write fanfic where I kill all my favorite characters.

Dana
nana lee chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
bad day hu, me too, well kinda sad alt ending to what never happen in their marriage, i've not read the book where she dies yet, holding off. however here i can understand luke"s feeling.

i might be wrong , but maybe luke felt like he had enouth of trying to find that mrs right. and i found it poetic, that the sky is blue when one can breath, but green when toxic, jades eye are green, luke thought he would not have been able to breath in their relationship, so it was poetic

sad

nana lee
Mara-the-Cat chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
i for one fine this fanfic strange and confusing. It sounds like you don't like Mara very much...
ethereal writer chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
um.. i dont get it. i'm sorry but i dont could you plese explain? and when luke said are you feling well u missed spelled that. I'm not flaimng i'm just confused.