Reviews for 807 Front Page News
Isabell89 chapter 4 . 10/25/2008
Wow, took me quite a while to finish this chapter, even though I was very intrigued by it (God, how I am starting to hate that word right about now; haven't I used it in every single review so far? I promise I'll stop) and couldn't wait to read about Luke's reaction to Lorelai's pregnancy. However, my apartment has been a mess for the past couple of days (there's been mountains of dirty dishes building up) and when I moved from my bed to my desk and starting making myself a cup of tea (my throat's been feeling itchy and I am really not in the mood to get sick right now; I'm only starting my second week of university) I went into a cleaning frenzy that kept me away from my laptop for at least half an hour. These sort of things happen at the weirdest and most inappropriate moments - I was in the middle of a highly interesting (I was about to say the evil word again but stopped myself at the 't') chapter and it's past 10 pm already after all, but what can you do?

Okay, now that I've bothered you not with a story about my weird uncle but my weird self (and probably confused the hell out of you after about the second mile-long sentence and the tenth relative clause concealed in brackets, just like this one is), we'll get down to business. Review business, if there is such a thing.

Okay, so there wasn't much more Logan in this chapter than there was in the latest preview so I can't say too much about it (or where you might be heading with him and Rory), but the next chapter makes me look forward to the storyline.

Nate - intriguing as ever especially with the prospect of him being angry at Rory - she kinda deserves it for having weird thoughts and feelings about him ;-) (damn it, I used it again, but I can't think of an alternative right now)

Luke - *melts* Cute and protective like I expected him to be and perfect as ever *melts even more and dissolves into puddle of happy, fluffy goo*

I know I might seem like your typical 14-year-old, loves-everything-she-can-get-her-hands-on, not critical at all, simply looking for some fluff fangirl right about now, but believe me (even though it's hard to do so, I can see that listening to myself) I am definitely not. I dismissed lots of stories (due to bad writing, due to bad storylines, you name it) before settling on your season 8 fic, so right now I'm in a state of blissful happiness at having found a means to my long, appointment-less relaxation weekend and I'm not so much in the mood to nitpick. Believe me, I'm looking, but I haven't found any major errors so far or anything that would have striked* me as worth mentioning (*I am pretty damn sure that the use of that term is incorrect, but I can't find an alternative yet again). I know there was a scene a couple chapters back when I thought 'He/she wouldn't react like that', but it obviously wasn't enough for me to remember it by the time I wrote my review (I don't even remember which character I was thinking about and I also have to admit that I am not even 100% sure it's your story I'm thinking about; as I already said, there have been many others before you - that wasn't supposed to sound the way it did).

To finally put an end to this never-ending tirade: I'll be an attentive and critical (if necessary) reader from now on (or maybe from tomorrow on; it's almost 11 pm by now and my throat hurts a lot worse than it did before - looks like I'm gonna have to get more tea and probably some vitamins before continuing... and there I go rambling again). Sorry. Goodbye (for now)

- Oh no, now I'll have to re-read all of this crap I just wrote to remove all of the horrible typos, repetitions and fatal grammar errors I include when talking/writing so (too) much in such a short amount of time. So be consoled that it's not just you that has to suffer through my weirdness taking hold of my usual normal self.

Another addition: While re-reading, I realized that more than 2/3 of this review wasn't about your story at all but about me and my weird self - and this is only making it worse. Okay, stopping right there. Sorry *blushes and is unsure whether to post this at all*
Miguel51 chapter 3 . 7/21/2008
It wouldn't be GG with the incredible Ms. Geller, now would it?

As long as you don't bring back Logan...wait...

Didn't the preview from the last fic state...?

Oh, Gorramn it!

Anyhow, I'm enjoying this 'Season 8' series of yours very much!
flcrkr chapter 4 . 5/2/2008
Urg. This whole thing with Luke and Lorelai is frustrating but I am loving it, lol. I wish they would talk already!

Nice that Rory finally had a little conversation with Nate and him being nice meeting Paris. Very interesting.

Finally! That was a good talk that Luke and Lorelai had. I liked how Lorelai went into it and then finally just told him.

I liked how Lorelai and Luke broke the news to Rory, Richard, and April.

O. Logan calling... wonder what he is up to...
flcrkr chapter 3 . 5/2/2008
Oh! Nice to see Paris! I can’t believe Doyle left her! It's nice that Rory has Paris around to talk to about Nate.

I like that Emily went to Stars Hollow and all the townies are asking Lorelai what's wrong. O. I feel bad for Emily because she has such a huge secret that she can't share and is driving her nuts because she can't. Hope Luke and Lorelai talk soon!
flcrkr chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
It's so funny when Taylor bugs Luke about decorating... then bugs Lorelai about getting Luke to decorate.

Hm. Seems like Rory is making a little progress with Nate, lol.

I feel bad for Luke cause Lorelai isn't talking to him. Hee. Emily waiting on the call from Lorelai saying that she told Luke is funny.

Emily is evil! Trying to get Lorelai to talk in front of Rory and Richard. But nice little talk Emily and Lorelai had in the kitchen!
flcrkr chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
What a nice teaser with Emily and Lorelai.
loversgilmore21 chapter 4 . 1/22/2008
LORELAI: (Raises her eyes and repeats) We’re going to have a baby.

LUKE: (Dumbfounded) Huh?

LORELAI: (Chuckles) Are you okay?

loved that
AshGurl2897 chapter 4 . 12/29/2007
Oh God, not Logan. I hate Logan. I'm willing to give it a chance, but let's say I'm skeptical. Great stuff though. :)
Jeremy Shane chapter 4 . 12/14/2007
good chapter & more please
Jeremy Shane chapter 3 . 12/14/2007
Jeremy Shane chapter 2 . 12/14/2007
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
RiskaSG chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I liked the teaser, Lorelai and Emily sharing a secret, especially this secret. Emily's happiness contains though.

The scenes in the diner were a fun read, Taylor's behavior is so typical and just - sweet is the wrong word, it's just taylorish, he's annoying and therefore hilarious as he never realizes how annyoing he really is and has absolutley no timing and it almost makes me miss him, LOL.

The garage scene was kinda strange, not strange strange, but well, I expected Lorelai to tell Luke faster. Sweet she's searching for Rory's old baby clothes though (I think she was...)

Emily being impatient is understandable, just like I now somehow understand why Lorelai hasn't told Luke yet. But then I agree with Emily more: She'll figure out. At least as soon as she stops thinking about it over and over again. Bad thing to do, imo. But good catch on her character. Lorelai always had been someone who complicates things more than necessary. Guess she got that from her mother ;)

Paris! Good to see Paris! Doyle did what? LOL, I can't imagine him doing that. I guess that's why the picture of him sitting in an ashram is pricless. Plus, now I got "Hare Krishna" from Hair stuck in my head. Like that song ;)

I liked the talks between Rory and Paris, gives some interesting insights, Emily going shopping to stop herself from telling the news and leaving a confused Richard was a nice sidenote, thanks for that.

That she's actually wandering around in SH makes me grin, Emily Gilmore beating about the bush, LOL. I liked that Lorelai practically searched her and I loved the talk in front of the diner. It was so honest and well, I just loved it. Not only because of the way they talked but because Lorelai clearly thought about Emily's words.

But then the fight with Luke. A little cliché thing to happen and yet it fits here. I like too that Luke knows something is going on (And that from me, big step, I tell ya ;)) with Lorelai.

"Poor" Rory, it bugs here that someone doesn't like her. Paris is a great voice of reality pointing that out. Rory always had a little problem if it comes to that, has to be loved by everyone. Rory and Nate are sweet though, I so can feel the vibe. There goes something *G*

And finally Lorelai tells Luke she's pregnant (I liked the talk before, it shows how much depth there's in their relationship by now) and his reaction was right on spot, imo.

The one of the family members as well. I only had hoped for a little insight into what Emily and Richard are really thinking about having another grandchild. Are they happy despite it's from Luke? Have they accepted him enough to be totally happy or do they think now Lorelai really has to stick with him and never will marry an aprpriate guy? Well, I'd love to read something about that. As well as about Rory's thoughts. She has a half-sister already and as I felt, she and Gigi don't have a relationship at all. So, now she's gonna have another half-sibling. What does she think, will it have any effect on her relationship with Gigi like she'll try to stay more in contact with her and really get to know her? Just this kind of things you know?

"RORY: (With a sudden surprise) Logan?" here I am with sudden surprise. Wonder where this will lead too and off to read the next episode (I'm so glad to have eventually the time to catch up!)

All in all, let me say - ss with the last episodes: You're really doing a great job and I truly enjoy reading this. Thanks for writing!
GGjunkie33 chapter 4 . 11/16/2007
Hey,

So I've been really behind with my reading lately, and am trying to catch up. Just wanted to let you know I loved this episode (like always!) and am looking forward to reading your next one as soon as I have the time! : )
Caffeination chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Since you asked - oh yes, please do show Christmas in Gilmoreland.

We need it to take away the stench of last year's memories.